Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Bazaar....For Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
I saw this idea in a group on fb, and I just thought I had to post it. I'm mean, a bazaar for pets? That would be amazing! There are a lot of pets that I get that I'm just not interested in because they're not useful for me, but that would be okay because I can put them in the pet bazaar and they could end up going to someone else who can appreciate them .

Or if someone starts training a pet that ends up getting talents that are pointless for them, it's the same thing.

Not everyone wants to have plenty of pets running around their houses taking space up, and at least this way if they sell it in the bazaar they not only get gold for it, but it ends up not being just tossed into the no doubt boring void where pets go when they're normally sold. Am I the only one?

We should make this happen KI. It would be useful for so many players.

Delaney Stormglade,

Level 57

Survivor
Jan 07, 2015
jadaviafairy14 on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
I saw this idea in a group on fb, and I just thought I had to post it. I'm mean, a bazaar for pets? That would be amazing! There are a lot of pets that I get that I'm just not interested in because they're not useful for me, but that would be okay because I can put them in the pet bazaar and they could end up going to someone else who can appreciate them .

Or if someone starts training a pet that ends up getting talents that are pointless for them, it's the same thing.

Not everyone wants to have plenty of pets running around their houses taking space up, and at least this way if they sell it in the bazaar they not only get gold for it, but it ends up not being just tossed into the no doubt boring void where pets go when they're normally sold. Am I the only one?

We should make this happen KI. It would be useful for so many players.

Delaney Stormglade,

Level 57
You Are Not the Only One, It Is A Fabulous Idea For The People And The Other People If That Makes Sense As The Items If You Sell Them they Plop Down For others To buy, Cause What If You Get useless Myth Sprites But Too Cheap To Sell Or Doesnt Go for Others. It Goes Into The Pot For Others To Buy And it is Helpful For You And Other People

Ellie LegendBreeze,
Level 58

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
I believe when the Bazaar was first added it did sell pets, but they removed it for some reason, but I do think they should add it again. That would be a great addition to the .

Christopher Waterward, Promethean Student

Survivor
Mar 27, 2011
I think it would be a great idea and not just baby pets also teen adult ancient epic mega and ultra pets should be in the bazaar based on the talents and level of pet (like teen) it should be priced this would be a nice addition and help people get better pets and more money

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
No support. Like Balance Ninja stated pets were sold when the Bazaar first opened but were removed because the Pet Update was added. Some people work very hard to train up their pets for the right talents... Now they hear you can easily buy a perfect pet for gold? Plus we have the hatchery which is kind of like a Bazaar, because you have a chance at getting the other person's pet.

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I do not support this idea either and agree with Cass. Many of us have worked hard on our pets and if they were to be added to the Bazaar it would make the pets less special to me.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I see nothing wrong with adding non-trained 1st generation pets to the bazaar, if the person who received it from the pack/bundle/promotion etc. doesn't want it for various reasons. It seems that would be a better option than simply deleting it.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2014
I honestly do not support this idea... unless we're talking about only first generation pets.

Wizards work very hard to get their pets, make sure their talents satisfy them, and make sure that they're pets are useful in battle. Everything in W101 is supposed to take time, effort, money... maybe even sacrifice. Wizards like me save up so much to hatch with a mega-awesome pet. Wizards farm Meowiarity, Lord Nightshade, Sylvester Glowstorm, Luska Charmbeak, and so on, to get awesome pets and mega snacks. Wizards also worry about their pet energy and want to save it so that they can train their pet. If this update is made, then pets wouldn't be worth anything anymore! Nobody would be farming, worrying, saving, etc. That would take a lot away from W101.

Think about it; Kingsisle would never do this. If this update is made, people wouldn't buy any more pets in the crown shop, nor would people buy any energy elixirs and mega snacks because all of your pet-come-trues' are in the bazaar. Kingsisle wants an update that gives them more money in their pockets; remember that. Nobody buying pet-related stuff in the crown shop anymore would not give them money, therefore this update will not happen.

Sorry if anything is offensive, but its true. They removed pets from the Bazaar for a reason.

- Kelly

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
kelly is awesome on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:
I honestly do not support this idea... unless we're talking about only first generation pets.

Wizards work very hard to get their pets, make sure their talents satisfy them, and make sure that they're pets are useful in battle. Everything in W101 is supposed to take time, effort, money... maybe even sacrifice. Wizards like me save up so much to hatch with a mega-awesome pet. Wizards farm Meowiarity, Lord Nightshade, Sylvester Glowstorm, Luska Charmbeak, and so on, to get awesome pets and mega snacks. Wizards also worry about their pet energy and want to save it so that they can train their pet. If this update is made, then pets wouldn't be worth anything anymore! Nobody would be farming, worrying, saving, etc. That would take a lot away from W101.

Think about it; Kingsisle would never do this. If this update is made, people wouldn't buy any more pets in the crown shop, nor would people buy any energy elixirs and mega snacks because all of your pet-come-trues' are in the bazaar. Kingsisle wants an update that gives them more money in their pockets; remember that. Nobody buying pet-related stuff in the crown shop anymore would not give them money, therefore this update will not happen.

Sorry if anything is offensive, but its true. They removed pets from the Bazaar for a reason.

- Kelly
Well, If a Pet Bazaar was added, KI could set a price for each pet, then each talent could add additional price (Ex: Storm Beast- 100,000, Storm-Dealer- 45,000, Spell-Proof- 70,000, and so on) and each stat (Strength, will, intellect, etc) would add another certain amount of gold depending on the amount that pet has. Just add a 0 to the bottom of the number (233 becomes 2330 extra gold for that pet).

This would keep low levels from getting great pets without putting the work in for it (even though nobody is going to sell a pet they worked so hard for) and it gives people without a chance to get tons of EMP's or Couch Potatoes to garden a chance at a decent pet.

-Nick

Survivor
Aug 04, 2012
I think it's a great idea! But only for first generation pets. There should be a bear vendor who stands next to the bazaar guy that sells the pets.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
Honestly the only way I'd like this idea is if you could only sell 'baby' pets. Being able to buy a pet that already has the talents you want takes the fun of pet training and hatching away. I like training my own pets especially when I finally get the perfect one with the perfect talents, knowing that I worked hard to train it makes it even more perfect.
Grace Storm Tamer level 95
Jordan Death Bringer level 9
Kayla level 1

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
Survivor
Sep 07, 2014
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
Well, If a Pet Bazaar was added, KI could set a price for each pet, then each talent could add additional price (Ex: Storm Beast- 100,000, Storm-Dealer- 45,000, Spell-Proof- 70,000, and so on) and each stat (Strength, will, intellect, etc) would add another certain amount of gold depending on the amount that pet has. Just add a 0 to the bottom of the number (233 becomes 2330 extra gold for that pet).

This would keep low levels from getting great pets without putting the work in for it (even though nobody is going to sell a pet they worked so hard for) and it gives people without a chance to get tons of EMP's or Couch Potatoes to garden a chance at a decent pet.

-Nick
I would consider that option actually :) But don't make it too pricey lol... reduce the amount of that storm beast by 5% :P

- Kelly

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Eh, I think that would ruin the challenges. For example, the spark beast is a popular pet and the reason why is because it is pretty hard to get. If people start selling theirs at the bazaar then the spark beast won't as be rare anymore. Pets won't be valued nearly as much. Also, this can cause a lot of problems like if someone promises they will sell a good pet if they get a hundred treasure cards in return (or something) then they don't do their part of the deal. The idea of a bazaar for pets seems simple and easy but I honestly don't think it would work.
- Gabrielle Silversword

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
Yes, yes and again yes! Totally agree with you! When I got a piggle I thought I could just sell it (I had better pet and didn't need any extra things in my dorm), but it turned out I can't sell pets!. I would love a pet Bazaar!
-

Survivor
Feb 03, 2011
Too the people opposed your arguments are flawed. What wizard would sell their pet they worked very hard for? Especially if they are getting gold in return. Gold is so easy to get now that i wouldn't believe people would sell good pets for gold. It should be up to the Wizard if he/she wants to sell their pet. I would very strongly support a Bazaar for pets.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2015
I think this would be a great idea! I mean, for low level players it's so hard to not just gain the money but also to level up your pet high enough to be able to hatch. Great idea!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
VegetarianKevin on Aug 2, 2015 wrote:
Too the people opposed your arguments are flawed. What wizard would sell their pet they worked very hard for? Especially if they are getting gold in return. Gold is so easy to get now that i wouldn't believe people would sell good pets for gold. It should be up to the Wizard if he/she wants to sell their pet. I would very strongly support a Bazaar for pets.
I would sell a very good pet for gold in order for my other account to get it.

This idea of selling already trained pets is similar to trading gear and KI has repeatedly said they would never allow that sort of trading. Just think of the exploits. Without even trying, I can think of one.

Scammer: If you sell the pet that has fairy, proof, and defy, so i can buy it, I will give you 2000 crowns or something else desirable.

Young Wizard: Ok. I will sell the pet.

Scammer gets pet and leaves. Young wizard left without the pet HE trained.

This is the sort of thing KI is trying to prevent by not allowing trading of gear and pets to other wizards not on the same account. I applaud them for that.

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I love the idea of a pet bazaar. But I think any pet, no matter if it's a baby or ancient should be sold as a baby. Anything you trained the pet for, gone. That way if I buy a fog unicorn that is an adult (when it was sold to the bizaare), I get it as a baby and I can train it myself. This way it's the same and no one gets what others worked for. And I can get rid of pets I don't like and someone who likes them can buy them. Even the ones I trained just so a pet I liked could get that trait it had.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
This does sound like a good idea, but to prevent it from being abused, only baby pets can be sold, and they have to be first-generation.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2013
I think this is a good idea, but I think when you sell a pet, it's talents should be reset. You should only be able to sell first generation pets though.

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
I really love this idea but do agree it should be for baby pets only.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Intrepidatius on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:
I see nothing wrong with adding non-trained 1st generation pets to the bazaar, if the person who received it from the pack/bundle/promotion etc. doesn't want it for various reasons. It seems that would be a better option than simply deleting it.
This I would support. Untrained first generation pets only. Hatched pets are too variable in talents to sell in a fair manner. I have loads of first gen dropped pets wandering all over all of my homes that I would gladly offer to other players if there were a way.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I'd not mind adding pets to the bazaar, so long as the gold gained from selling them was limited. Maybe something like standard pet value at baby, then add a thousand gold for each age level it has gained. This way it's not economical to sell pets for profit, but it would give prolific hatchers a chance to distribute their failures. And for those of us who hatch a lot, our failures are sometimes pretty darn good. As it is, vendoring pets feels like a horrible waste to me when I see others with unsuitable pets equipped.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Or maybe when you sell a pet via bazaar it would reset it back to an egg. eh who knows.