Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Utilize Your School. It Is Not Cheating

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
Players that participate in pvp and tournaments, take the word "cheating" and throw it out of the window. Whether you win or lose in a match, your opponent did not cheat. The reason being, it is not cheating if its allowed in the game. Using "Steal Charm" is not cheating. Using "Steal Ward" or "Mana Burn" is not cheating. It is utilizing the strengths and advantages your school has to offer. And if the spell isn't even from your school, if you can get it as a treasure card, why not use it? Utilize another player's school.

hacking and whatnot is cheating. Using a shield when you can anticipate an enemy's attack is simply perfect timing. If you lose in pvp, my dear fellow wizards, don't call foul play. Accept your loss and move on.
So, my fire buddies, if you wish to use Steal Charm, then do so. Ice, Take the tower shield if you want, that's why you were given the Steal ward spell. Balance, if you feel your enemy's aura may cause an issue, you are allowed to use Supernova. It is not cheating. It is Utilizing your school

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Seth Glade on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
Players that participate in pvp and tournaments, take the word "cheating" and throw it out of the window. Whether you win or lose in a match, your opponent did not cheat. The reason being, it is not cheating if its allowed in the game. Using "Steal Charm" is not cheating. Using "Steal Ward" or "Mana Burn" is not cheating. It is utilizing the strengths and advantages your school has to offer. And if the spell isn't even from your school, if you can get it as a treasure card, why not use it? Utilize another player's school.

hacking and whatnot is cheating. Using a shield when you can anticipate an enemy's attack is simply perfect timing. If you lose in pvp, my dear fellow wizards, don't call foul play. Accept your loss and move on.
So, my fire buddies, if you wish to use Steal Charm, then do so. Ice, Take the tower shield if you want, that's why you were given the Steal ward spell. Balance, if you feel your enemy's aura may cause an issue, you are allowed to use Supernova. It is not cheating. It is Utilizing your school
Seth the only reason people say that someone cheated is because they mad they lost.
Currently some players feel that there are certain rules that restrict you from using certain spell.
Making it like a European War Style. Where 2 enemies get in line then they ask each other "Are you ready?"
The other side answers "Yes". And then they say: "Alright FIRE!".
That's how some players feel the pvp should be.
Am I against TC use in pvp. Oh yes I am. But if it is allowed then why leave my self in disadvantage.
It's just that simple. No one is saying cheater because they mean it.
It's just makes them feel better after they loose.
Just that simple.

Nicholas Star

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
mykola230 on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
Seth the only reason people say that someone cheated is because they mad they lost.
Currently some players feel that there are certain rules that restrict you from using certain spell.
Making it like a European War Style. Where 2 enemies get in line then they ask each other "Are you ready?"
Am I against TC use in pvp. Oh yes I am. But if it is allowed then why leave my self in disadvantage.
Just that simple.

Nicholas Star
true (I agree to people armor pierce unfair & overpower) unfair for tank because cheating on tank wizard and why tank so, hard to beat because trying kill them one shot (tank don't think) that want make tank wizard mad (spam of shield get more) or etc clued heath or resist

best top tank class: buccaneer & warrior (able get more damage then ice but more high resist) buccaneer good school resist to pierce more (such heavy clothes clued weapon)

ice tank class (some there spell are heavy) why ice are weaker because make there stronger they tank more & more & kingsisle chance ice (made them: high damage/ low-high-mid resist/ low-high critical block/ high critical)

or give ice resist others school like storm/fire as same Avalon gear to resist others school not just elemental

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
mykola230 on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
Just that simple.

Nicholas Star
You say you're against using TC. Why? They are available to everyone and make pvp a much better experience. It really pulls out who is a better strategist and not who spends hours upon hours getting the best possible gear to become the best brute.
Using TC helps translate to real life where using a strategy with all your possible resources are used to be the best you and your strategy can be.

Nicholas Ravenblood 100
and more...

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
You say you're against using TC. Why? They are available to everyone and make pvp a much better experience. It really pulls out who is a better strategist and not who spends hours upon hours getting the best possible gear to become the best brute.
Using TC helps translate to real life where using a strategy with all your possible resources are used to be the best you and your strategy can be.

Nicholas Ravenblood 100
and more...
Ok, let me get this out right away.
Treasure cards are treasure cards.
It's just my personal view.
Now you didn't see the entire picture.
TC should be banned from PvP at least high lvl attack spells, that are used by lower level.
Well for that to happen few restrictions on pvp should be placed like lower levels facing high levels.
But I am guessing that Utility could be allowed. Like Tower Shields, Blades ext.
That's what I meant by tc.

Nicholas Star

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I agree. Sometimes when I 1v1 my friend, she asks me not to enfeeble or do a spell she doesn't like. I find this annoying because every school has their advantages. On the other hand, I feel like puppets is cheating and ranked PvP should have a level difference limit. I also think that treasure cards should not be allowed in ranked PvP. Treasure cards aren't quite cheating but they definitely stretch it. The reason why I just said ranked PvP for these is because ranked PvP is more competitive and serious while there is always practice PvP and housing arenas to just lay back and have fun. Thanks for reading!
- Gabrielle Silversword