Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

About Life Class and its Usefulness

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2015
Hail and well met wizards of Wizard City. I just started a weeks ago and i have 73 Life Class Wizard. My question is 'is life class is useless'? . Peoples often tolding me about its useless spells such as healing (since %75 of population have pet with ultimate healing spells including unicorn, healing current, pixie, sprite etc.) I just want to ask community about that. They say 'life class' damage is terrible, healing is dead because of pets, only a spell which is called 'Guardian Spirit' useful but since it can be used as treasure card or a gear which gives those cards with 'Life Mastery Amulet'.

So why people keep telling me this? and if its really useless class why still it exists in game? Am i need to delete my life wizard if i want be useful in parties? Can someone explain it to me please?

Thanks a lot.

Angel Caller

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Life is a fantastic school. You have high health, high base accuracy, and the best heals by far. Base damage of attacks is lower than some schools, but your basic blade is 40% which offsets that somewhat. Train all the Sun damage enchantments, Spirit Blade, and Death up to Feint and you'll have all the damage you need. You may also want to train Amplify, since Life doesn't get a specific damage aura.

I'm not sure who you've been talking to, but generally life wizards are high demand on teams.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
funny, cause these are the same people who will beg you to heal them in combat. life school is only dead by people who dont know how to play them. My max level life solos most of the game and does a real fine job of it

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I have wizards of every class. All of them are useful. If life was useless, there would be no life wizards. Look around... they are everywhere. Life is not useless.

Keep playing your life wizard. You have 6 character slots. Make other wizards proficient in other schools, play them, see for yourself. They all have their place.

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Hi Xvim as a fellow life wizard I have heard of these things as well and let me tell you they are not true look everyone says bad things about every school like I have heard myth are bad at battles or something like that and I have a few myth wizards as friends and they are all great at battles they can kill in like a few rounds or so or like storm wizards are useless in darkmoor or ice has low damage I have seen these players go above what everyone says and let me tell you life is not useless pet heals are helpful but you can never tell when they are going to do it and it's not always that strong life does have great hitting power once I was doing moreganthe with to other life wizards and it was just us and we killed her all the same so just ignore what they are saying you are helping and life is not unless trust me everyone just says things like that to be bullies they are wrong be happy with what wizard you have if you want to delete your life that's your choice but let me make this clear life is one of the most helpful class in the game so have a great day and don't worry about everyone else just pick your spells wisely and you'll do fine

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
Xvim on Apr 18, 2015 wrote:
Hail and well met wizards of Wizard City. I just started a weeks ago and i have 73 Life Class Wizard. My question is 'is life class is useless'? . Peoples often tolding me about its useless spells such as healing (since %75 of population have pet with ultimate healing spells including unicorn, healing current, pixie, sprite etc.) I just want to ask community about that. They say 'life class' damage is terrible, healing is dead because of pets, only a spell which is called 'Guardian Spirit' useful but since it can be used as treasure card or a gear which gives those cards with 'Life Mastery Amulet'.

So why people keep telling me this? and if its really useless class why still it exists in game? Am i need to delete my life wizard if i want be useful in parties? Can someone explain it to me please?

Thanks a lot.

Angel Caller
The people telling you this obviously have never played life. Life is a school revolved around healing and pulling out mass damage. In parties they mostly heal, a pet that uses sprite or a fail healing current won't save you, but a rebirth or unicorn will. Life is not a dread, and you shouldn't ever think about deleting your character. Life also takes patience "so keep calm and carry on".

Explorer
Oct 12, 2014
Don't delete your character.
Life is a good school for teams

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
No life school isn't useless I'm a life wiz my self and I find the school to be fun and the people that said that to you don't know what they are saying because no one can heal like a life wizard can because life wizards are actually made for healing and the damage is as good as the rest of the schools. Once I had 68 damage which is about the same as a fire wiz so the people that said that don't understand what their saying... And just because they said that doesn't mean you have to delete your wizard.. Especially after all that work you did to even get to that level

Survivor
Mar 25, 2015
Thanks a lot who replied my post :) It brings my good looks to again. I usually dont want to deal damage instead i wish to go full support, i only use my damage deck when questing alone. If someone looking for healer just let me know because i love to heal peoples :)

Angel Caller 74 Lv. Wizard

Explorer
Jan 17, 2012
If you prefer to play alone, Life Class becomes difficult.

If you prefer to play in groups, Life Class is a breeze. EVERYONE will want you in their group, and all you will have to do is keep everyone alive.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I'll bet every time you log in with your Life wiz you're not on for more than five minutes before your friends start asking for your help. That in itself should be an indication of how useful a Life wizard is. Like others have said, the folks who say Life is useless are usually the first ones to ask you to heal them in battle.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Max DeGroot on Apr 20, 2015 wrote:

If you prefer to play in groups, Life Class is a breeze. EVERYONE will want you in their group, and all you will have to do is keep everyone alive.
I disagree with the first part. Life is really only difficult alone in part of Celestia until you get Forest Lord. Once you get Forest Lord it becomes a really easy solo school up through Khrysalis.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
The thing that really sets Life apart from the other schools of magic can be summarized in two words.

Critical Healing

Ever notice how critical strike chance is blocked by just about everyone and everything by the time you start acquiring gear that grants you critical? Well, life has more of a use for the critical stat than any other school. They can double their healing power! Their critical stat applies to healing spells as much as it applies to attacks with the added bonus of not having to worry about anything interfering with their doubled healing power.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
General American on Apr 21, 2015 wrote:
The thing that really sets Life apart from the other schools of magic can be summarized in two words.

Critical Healing

Ever notice how critical strike chance is blocked by just about everyone and everything by the time you start acquiring gear that grants you critical? Well, life has more of a use for the critical stat than any other school. They can double their healing power! Their critical stat applies to healing spells as much as it applies to attacks with the added bonus of not having to worry about anything interfering with their doubled healing power.
well I can't argue with you on this because in mirror lake i used to crit on almost every heal and none of my team died the whole dungeon.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Max DeGroot on Apr 20, 2015 wrote:

A bit late, but the first part is false if you have the best gear available in the Bazaar, Death to Feint and can strategize decently. No great requirements, are they? With these, I just soloed Big Ben without henchmen.