Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why You Should play Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
There are many reasons for why you should play pirate. Especially all you level 100's (like me.) Ill give you my reasons on why you should play it, but it's up to you guys to try it out.

1. Companions - I have always found it difficult from Avalon (and the world's above it) to quest alone. In Pirate, they give you companions, people who join your crew and help you do battles. The companions also talk, and bicker during the story, making it more fun to play. The companions are also unique in their own ways ( but I don't want to spoil anything.) And the color you choose for your flag is the color your companions' clothes will be.

2. Ship Battling - In Pirate, there are 2 different ways to battle, via ship, and via ground. You can customize your ship, choose the pattern, and colors of your flag, and also choose an emblem. You can choose the seven schools of magic as an emblem. Battling consists of shooting cannonballs at other ships, and summoning creatures to attack the ship. ( Like a Kraken, Triton, or even an Efreet.)

3. New Areas - You can see the other side of world's you thought you would never see. You can see what is outside of Marleybone City, and see the outskirts of Mooshu. You will also meet new factions that terrorize or protect that area. You will also venture through dragonflies via ship.

4. More Realistic - In this game, every person you talk to won't be honest. You get tricked and you will find many plot twists during the game.Do you think headmaster Ambrose would ever trick you? This is a new hard life of pirating, no teachers will be looking after ye here.

5.Storyline - I must admit that this is probably the greatest storyline if not one of the greatest that I have ever read. Instead of just saving world's from evil (you will also do that in Pirate, but it's not the main idea like Wizard) you try looking for lost pieces of a map to a hidden city of golden, El Dorado. That's when it gets interesting.

6. Give the game some Time - The beginning of the game is quite boring, but give it some time. The famous Blaze Lifehammer enjoyed it. And so can you! When you get to the Presidio it should start getting way better. Take the time to try this game out.

Hope to see you guys in the skyways! *I'm not trying to force you guys to play it but I'm encouraging you guys to try it out, THANK YOU! LVL 100 Alex Moonsword

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
Dragonspyre not dragonflies auto correct got me there.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
I've made a pirate. Your right, i'm like level 4,and Its so far kinda boring and I can't find any other quests to do right now, but it is a really good game.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Well put.
I used to play, got my Buccaneer to level 49.
I got bored though and stopped. Maybe I should go back to it again...

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I strongly agree. Pirate101 is an amazing game.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2014
I played the game probably up to lvl 25
then it started to get a bit boring for me

The reason why is because of the combat system :
I believe the Wizard101 combat system far surpasses Pirate101
I believe the cap is 60'ish? (No idea)

The reason why I gave up Pirate101 is mainly of it's combat system
the story is actually really good

Pirate101's combat system is basically like a battlefield
strategy is somewhat involved but
PIrate101's classes do affect on your gameplay very much

In Wizard101 when people are soloing they just blade up trap and hit and try to get best damage to finish your opponent

In Pirate101 you ALWAYS have companions
and depending on what class you have picked you have to synergy with the companions to max the gameplay.

That's what I like about Pirate101 is that you always have companions to work with.

But I believe that the combat system isn't exciting
there is no flashy animations like in Wizard101
you do have these cool epic cutscenes when you get a critical thou

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
I actually have a Level 65 Buccaneer that finished Aquila last year sometime. Hopefully Kingsisle puts out a new world this year since it's been 2 years or so since Marleybone and Aquila came out.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Megan Frostflame on Apr 19, 2015 wrote:
I actually have a Level 65 Buccaneer that finished Aquila last year sometime. Hopefully Kingsisle puts out a new world this year since it's been 2 years or so since Marleybone and Aquila came out.
I think the way how world traveling in P101 is very different from W101's way. In P101, we can't always go to a new world all the time. There are Windstones, but the world travelling structure is very different. Around there, I call our visits to worlds during the main storyline quests "Trips". At certain times throughout the adventures in P101, we have to go to past worlds to explore unseen lands & Skyways that are yet to be explored, maybe even before we go to a new world, in order to progress. There will be times where we go to new worlds, & times where we have to go back to previously explored worlds to explore new lands & Skyways & progress forward at once. It's not like how it is in W101. Just need to inform you of it.

Other than that, I really enjoyed Pirate101! I've played it & still do today. The companions, their dynamic cinematic storytelling, the sky sailing, the unveiling of the Spiral's worlds' unseen lands not seen in W101 really broadens & envisions & changes the way we see the same Spiral, like how there is more than just one large island that led us to thinking that the large land makes for the world itself, & a whole lot more of what that game has to offer & beyond. Now I see that there are numerous countless islands & islets that more than make for a Spiral's world in it's whole entirety & loads more worlds beyond the ones we've heard of before in W101.

That said, I'm still waiting for more of their main storyline adventures to come out. I've gotten to the recent cliffhanger point right now, & It's still really boring having to wait a very long time for more main adventures in P101 to come out.