Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks gear- not worth it!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
Hi all i am now an archmage 85 wizard. Anyway, when i was a legendary wizard and got all of my waterworks gear, i was extremely disappointed. I barley had 30 block and i hardly ever critical. I had to do the trivia for ages to get the crowns to buy a good block wand, which then only made it to about 90 block. As i got towards the end of Zafaria, i couldn't block anything! i was getting defeated left and right.

Avalon was much worse. There would be times when i wouldn't even block street monsters. Bosses wouldcritical a lot more and i would get defeated all the time. In fact i was so disappointed, it forced me to craft the avalon gear which was much better.

Don't think critical was any better either! I would hardly critical and if i ever did, the bosses would just end up blocking them even with a vengeance up!

KI, please increase the block rating for storm a little in waterworks gear! I was extremely disappointed and regret farming for ages for gear that wouldn't benefit me at all.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
To be honest, I researched the waterworks gear for all my characters.
I stuck with the Grizzleheim gear for my storm, but fo rthe other 5 it was WW gear or combinations of WW and Griz

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Skyscream gear alone gives you 27 block. You're correct, that's not much. However, my question is why did you not use a wand, athame, and ring that added even more block on top of that? There are lots to choose from.

Also, in Avalon, a common strategy is to buy the recipe for ice Ice/Storm boots in the Wild from the leprechaun guy. That will drastically improve your block situation. After that, Popol Vuh in Azteca has an upgrade block boots recipe.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Waterworks is the best gear for CL and ZF. When you get to AV upgrade boots and wand for more block. In AZ you can upgrade boots again (crafted) also wand, ring, athame. Waterworks hat and robe are ok all the way to level 100. Then you will want the Malistaire set.

Critical isn't something to worry about for mid PvE, except for healing. It will be blocked by bosses most of the time, so focus on damage and resist until you get to max level. With Mali sets or the crafted Sardonyx gear, critical will become useful. Until then stay with basics.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Talon Spiritbreake... on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
Hi all i am now an archmage 85 wizard. Anyway, when i was a legendary wizard and got all of my waterworks gear, i was extremely disappointed. I barley had 30 block and i hardly ever critical. I had to do the trivia for ages to get the crowns to buy a good block wand, which then only made it to about 90 block. As i got towards the end of Zafaria, i couldn't block anything! i was getting defeated left and right.

Avalon was much worse. There would be times when i wouldn't even block street monsters. Bosses wouldcritical a lot more and i would get defeated all the time. In fact i was so disappointed, it forced me to craft the avalon gear which was much better.

Don't think critical was any better either! I would hardly critical and if i ever did, the bosses would just end up blocking them even with a vengeance up!

KI, please increase the block rating for storm a little in waterworks gear! I was extremely disappointed and regret farming for ages for gear that wouldn't benefit me at all.
when my storm wizard was your level, i upped my crit block by crafting the boots in avalon and equipping a wand with lots of it (go for the ice ones, since they tend to have higher block than most).

i prefer tangible stats to luck-based ones, so i decided to forgo critical (everything blocks it, anyway) and go for high defensive stats instead. in fact, i can get her resist up to 40% universal, with over 200 crit block. i had to sacrifice a bit of damage, but my pet makes up for that.

it's a lot of work, and you might have to mix and match a bit, but you can get stats like this, too. if i (a casual player with no level 90/100 elite gear) can do it, anybody can.

-von
exalted

Survivor
Jun 23, 2011
I personally feel that the block rating for your waterworks gear is a bit low, but for legendaries the damage and critical rating is top notch. You can't have everything the way you want it. storm is offensive and you get an offensive stat buff. boom. balanced game.

Defender
May 02, 2010
You can just hop on over to the Bazaar and buy the Ice wand (Dawnfrost blade for AV, Rod of Icy Tears for AZ.) They give substantial block.