Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance prism

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Balance is a good school but there is one problem, enemies balance resist, since balance generally can't break through resist easily and balance enemies often spam elemental and spirit shields, making it difficult to hydra spectal blast or chimera, so I was think balance could have a prism, I don't care what it converts to but it could definitely help against balance bosses that a around 3000-10000 health.

Evan starblade lvl 52 balance

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
Balance is not meant to solo the game. Balance is designed so you would go in a group and have others hit instead of you.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
Yeah I was thinking that too but then I was thinking what element would it convert to? So that's probably why they didn't make a balance prism

Survivor
Sep 13, 2011
this is why we need a new school they already have moon blade and solar blade and a moon beam wand in the crown shop which makes a moon or astral school a good opposite for balance but i agree with you 100%

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Balance has no opposite, so a Balance Prism would be pretty much impossible. If it somehow was added, though, there would have to be some other changes as well. It would be only logical to have Balance boost on something (and what would that be?!) and make Balance only Blades, Traps and Shields, but that would just take away a lot of Balance's weaknesses. This has been requested a lot before, and it hasn't been implemented, so why would KI just randomly add something they wouldn't add before?

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
Since is the art of drawing from all the other elements in the spiral, maybe the balance prism could convert to a RANDOM element.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
The school of Balance excells at combining all the schools of magic to make strong spells such as Judgement, Spectral Blast, Elemental Blast etc. however because balance is all of the schools of magic combined they do not particularly excell in any one area of focus making them weaker than the other schools of magic. Balance does not have any weaknesses against any particular school(except in PvE where Myth, Life, and Death boost against balance) nor do they have any particular strengths they excell in causing them to not have many blades making their attack spells the weakest in the game. However, since balance does not have a weaknesses this gives them their greatest strength because there is no balance shield. The only spells that can defend against balance are Tower Shield, and different forms of weakness. It would not make any sense to add a balance prisim due to the fact there is nothing for it to convert to.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Balance doesn't need a prism. Balance wizards can do off-school damage using power pips, boost any kind of damage, and pierce resist a number of ways.

It's fun that balance is different. It would be boring if it was just like other schools.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Thanks for the reply, I will see if I can break through resist

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
A balance prism is a great idea, but what if there were 2? One that would change to either , , or , and one that would change to , , or . Elemental Prism and Spirit Prism!

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Balance is made to be every school. Honestly I think a balance prism would be a little game breaking since they are already very OP as is.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
Balance originally isn't meant for hard hits or anything,
Its meant for like groups of 2-3, but this idea is legit enough.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
LoganCrowSpear1337 on Feb 9, 2015 wrote:
Yeah I was thinking that too but then I was thinking what element would it convert to? So that's probably why they didn't make a balance prism
well i came up with an idea for this a year ago, i thought that maybe if we have a convert for balance the when you hit the convert would go a random school and be effective like any other kind of convert. and if KI will ever make this change then there will be a quest to get it at any level mainly because most of the balance wizards in the game are high levels at the moment. the quest for the convert would help so that the person wont have to remake the balance wizard just for the convert. and for mass prisms it would work the same way

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Use Spectral Blast, Hydra, and the spells from the Therizinosaurus & Harpy. They are to take the place of prisms. They work. Balance isn't meant to have prisms.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Making a Balance prism would require a Balance shield and would make Balance a weaker school. This idea has been discussed over and over, and always comes out to nothing because Balance has no need for a prism. It changes the whole dynamic of the school making it worthless.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
I myself as a balance wizard went with death as a second school, I also trained all the mass prisms for other schools I dont think there is a need for a balance prism, Reason being is that Death steals health to kill Balance is ment for mostly supporting The other schools if there were a balance prism as someone said it would make them weaker then all other schools Also Mana burn and Super nova is a good asset to balance they can take pips and remove the aura spells on the enimies but in castle dark more the resist is higher then any other world With that being said Train all the mass prisms I myself can use life death or storm school spells on my balance also I mostly support other schools when I play him so it dont take the other school's pips to use a mass prism

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
SamanthaWillowdrea... on Feb 8, 2015 wrote:
Balance is not meant to solo the game. Balance is designed so you would go in a group and have others hit instead of you.
Balance may not be meant to solo the game, but as a balance myself, I've soloed much of the game without needing help.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
The responses to this post are funny. "Balance is already OP" -or- "Balance is just for support". So many different opinions about Balance. What's even funnier is that both arguments have merit. But to the point of the original post, my opinion is that first off, "Balance Prism" wouldn't be the correct terminology. Prisms in the game reverse the effects of a spell, Fire-to-Ice etc., and since Balance has no opposite it's not appropriate. The problem with this is it's not really needed.

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
This is what secondary schools are for. Get yourself a Mastery Amulet if you feel the need. Of course I'm aware that you can't learn all of the spells from a secondary school, but that's one good thing about treasure cards.

Explorer
May 19, 2014
Evan starblade888 on Feb 8, 2015 wrote:
Balance is a good school but there is one problem, enemies balance resist, since balance generally can't break through resist easily and balance enemies often spam elemental and spirit shields, making it difficult to hydra spectal blast or chimera, so I was think balance could have a prism, I don't care what it converts to but it could definitely help against balance bosses that a around 3000-10000 health.

Evan starblade lvl 52 balance
Fire converts to ice

And life converts to death

What would balance convert to??

There's no opposite school.