Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More Mission Variety

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 09, 2010
So, as a long time veteran of this game, I've seen a lot of what it has to offer. Yet something has been popping into my mind for a while now, and I've been thinking about it. Yet only now do I decide to share my ideas about this particular subject. I think that wizard101 could use some more mission variety. Think about it, even Khrysalis, the latest world to debut, (excluding Darkmoor, but I don't think it counts!) has more or less, of the same 2 types of missions in the game: Fight things, And collect things. I understand Zafaria had a lot of this, and people started complaining and Kingsisle toned it down a bit in Avalon. Now granted, the compelling story, interesting narratives and characters did distract me from this fault, but....it's still there. I can understand somewhat of the reasoning behind this. It's fitting for younger players. Exciting for them because they can do it, boring for us older players because it's the same old process that has been being milked since this game first came out. Kingislse: DON'T be afraid to add some variety, ever so minor, to the gaming experience you guys have brought forth! I'm ok with collecting things, and i'm sure ok with fighting other things, but maybe a little variety. Think about it! What if there was a mission where you have to sneak into enemy territory, but instead of the enemies walking around in circles, have them walk around EVERYWHERE! And you as the player, must actually sneak your way past them, by using bushes, rocks, trees, and underground tunnels to make your way around!and if the enemy sees you, a little bar above there heads fills up, green if they don't see you, yellow if they are looking in your direction, and red if they spotted you! and if they see you, a battle commences between you and the enemy that saw you, and then, some of the other enemies in the area would come to investigate and would crowd around the duel circle, and once you defeat the first enemy, some of them would fight you again! It would make players choose! They could fight their way through, or go sneaky, and if they're lucky, make it through unscathed! It would also make the game feel more alive, if you know what I mean.
Anyways, these are just some suggestions, but I think they can be added! The 3rd arc has yet to be finished (obviously) and there's still time to add something like this in! I think it would be the next step for wizard101!

Blaze Stormmancer ( P.S. Sorry if that was long, I just thought I should share this with you.)

Survivor
Mar 16, 2010
I totally agree...the game gets too repetitious and definitely needs something to change or be added to any future new worlds to keep people interested and playing.
I still haven't completed Khrysallis for this exact reason.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Oh my god that's a brilliant idea! The enemies would need to be toned down a little though, so you wouldn't be overwhelmed. I also agree that the game needs variety.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
lettup on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
So, as a long time veteran of this game, I've seen a lot of what it has to offer. Yet something has been popping into my mind for a while now, and I've been thinking about it. Yet only now do I decide to share my ideas about this particular subject. I think that wizard101 could use some more mission variety. Think about it, even Khrysalis, the latest world to debut, (excluding Darkmoor, but I don't think it counts!) has more or less, of the same 2 types of missions in the game: Fight things, And collect things. I understand Zafaria had a lot of this, and people started complaining and Kingsisle toned it down a bit in Avalon. Now granted, the compelling story, interesting narratives and characters did distract me from this fault, but....it's still there. I can understand somewhat of the reasoning behind this. It's fitting for younger players. Exciting for them because they can do it, boring for us older players because it's the same old process that has been being milked since this game first came out. Kingislse: DON'T be afraid to add some variety, ever so minor, to the gaming experience you guys have brought forth! I'm ok with collecting things, and i'm sure ok with fighting other things, but maybe a little variety. Think about it! What if there was a mission where you have to sneak into enemy territory, but instead of the enemies walking around in circles, have them walk around EVERYWHERE! And you as the player, must actually sneak your way past them, by using bushes, rocks, trees, and underground tunnels to make your way around!and if the enemy sees you, a little bar above there heads fills up, green if they don't see you, yellow if they are looking in your direction, and red if they spotted you! and if they see you, a battle commences between you and the enemy that saw you, and then, some of the other enemies in the area would come to investigate and would crowd around the duel circle, and once you defeat the first enemy, some of them would fight you again! It would make players choose! They could fight their way through, or go sneaky, and if they're lucky, make it through unscathed! It would also make the game feel more alive, if you know what I mean.
Anyways, these are just some suggestions, but I think they can be added! The 3rd arc has yet to be finished (obviously) and there's still time to add something like this in! I think it would be the next step for wizard101!

Blaze Stormmancer ( P.S. Sorry if that was long, I just thought I should share this with you.)
What I'd like to see is more puzzles, especially for the collecting quests.

Instead of having to fight mobs, we could be sent to solve puzzles. And don't make it so that if you fail you're instantly in a battle. Either you can't get what you came for if you don't solve it, or a battle ensues only if you fail on a third (or greater) attempt. Maybe the mob could be imprisoned in the room and one of them taunts you every time you fail letting you know how close you are to releasing them.

The puzzles can be as simple as some of the one room puzzles in a dungeon, or you could have an entire puzzle dungeon where you have to go to many different rooms to solve it. There are plenty of options available, without having to fight mob after mob to get to each room.

When it comes to collecting quests, come up with ideas that let us slowly put something together. Like say we're gathering materials and rebuilding a house, each piece we collect we could go back and put it on so we can see the progress instead of just the whole thing getting done once we've collected everything.

And like you say, the possibility of other skill related options would be nice.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
This. Thank you. This is what would really spark something. Hope they use it for the new worlds.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Sarah Waterbreeze on Dec 25, 2014 wrote:
This. Thank you. This is what would really spark something. Hope they use it for the new worlds.
Thanks. I hope they use it too. Badly......

Blaze Stormmancer

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I LOVE the idea of a puzzle quest. you should get a few chances and then if you fail, a battle of relative difficulty to your level and the world

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
lettup on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:

Best ideal
And i like to see some puzzles like you have to put together a puzzle before you can move on and each wizard would have a section of a the puzzle to do or it would be a solo puzzle or you get a sling shot and you have to shoot down like birds who ate the key to the door so you can move on or even better a race where you have to beat like the enemy's in some kinda race it could even be a pet race

But i think this ideal would draw older players back and new players to the game it maybe even make the game more fun

long as they don't over complex it like pirate101 i mean man that game just went down hill i quit because i got tired of it and it wasn't as fun to play as when it first started

level 100
level 76

Defender
May 09, 2010
sliver moon wolf on Jan 19, 2015 wrote:
Best ideal
And i like to see some puzzles like you have to put together a puzzle before you can move on and each wizard would have a section of a the puzzle to do or it would be a solo puzzle or you get a sling shot and you have to shoot down like birds who ate the key to the door so you can move on or even better a race where you have to beat like the enemy's in some kinda race it could even be a pet race

But i think this ideal would draw older players back and new players to the game it maybe even make the game more fun

long as they don't over complex it like pirate101 i mean man that game just went down hill i quit because i got tired of it and it wasn't as fun to play as when it first started

level 100
level 76
Puzzles seem to be popular. Interesting. I think KI should amp up the difficulty of the puzzles. That one in Darkmoor was great, but just matching up things like the regular puzzle is neat, but too easy.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
lettup on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
Puzzles seem to be popular. Interesting. I think KI should amp up the difficulty of the puzzles. That one in Darkmoor was great, but just matching up things like the regular puzzle is neat, but too easy.
I had another ideal how about something where you had to step on certain stone's every time you miss step you lost some health and there a enough stones to kill you

Defender
May 09, 2010
sliver moon wolf on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
I had another ideal how about something where you had to step on certain stone's every time you miss step you lost some health and there a enough stones to kill you
Yeah, perhaps making puzzles that require some more higher level thinking would be a well rounded addition to the game

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I really love the gist of this thread and a lot of the comments on it -- especially the idea of adding more puzzles to the game, or mini-games needed to complete or open an area, or other suggestions.

With the "higher-level thinking puzzles", however, I think there is just a small caveat: we have to remember the younger players as well, so we still have to keep the puzzles relatively manageable for all ages.

That said, there are still lots of options for mixing up the activities in PVE. Great thread, kudos to the OP, Lettup!

Defender
May 09, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
I really love the gist of this thread and a lot of the comments on it -- especially the idea of adding more puzzles to the game, or mini-games needed to complete or open an area, or other suggestions.

With the "higher-level thinking puzzles", however, I think there is just a small caveat: we have to remember the younger players as well, so we still have to keep the puzzles relatively manageable for all ages.

That said, there are still lots of options for mixing up the activities in PVE. Great thread, kudos to the OP, Lettup!
Thanks, it's appreciated. I just think people need to stop complaining, and actually make the changes they so desire. People need to realize that sometimes the best ideas don't come from the guys up top (speaking of the message boards here) but from the guys who are lesser known.

And yeah, I guess some puzzles might need to be fixed in a way so they're not too overwhelming, if said puzzle is considered to be.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
At least the games awesome stories are keeping us distracted!