Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Would you rather wait for your crafting timers to countdown, or hurry up the process with a crafting elixir?

Elixir all the way!
10% [6]
Sometimes an elixir, sometimes I'll wait.
35% [20]
I don't mind waiting.
38% [22]
I usually craft right before I log off, so the countdowns don't matter.
15% [9]

Feedback Friday 9-12-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's a little rainy here today, which would potentially dampen my spirits, but since it's also Feedback Friday, I suppose that balances it out. So, let's get to it!

Today, let's talk about crafting timers. We'd like to know how you manage when there's not a crafting slot available. Please vote on the poll above - would you rather wait for your crafting timers to countdown, or hurry up the process with a crafting elixir? Please let us know and feel free to add additional comments on crafting below.

Have a weekend filled with wondrous magic, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I find the crafting timers to be an irritant -- why in the heck do we have to wait?

However, I have never once considered buying an elixir for it. Crafting takes time anyway, so if we have to wait a little longer, then we have to wait. But I honestly have never understood the rationale for making us wait.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
I like crafting.... except for how difficult amber is to get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Legendary Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Master Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Adept Theurgist

Survivor
May 28, 2011
I just have a question, but why do we have to wait so long for timers to go down? Why is it almost 1 hour or sometimes 20 hours? I personally wouldn't mind waiting for 20 minutes or 15 minutes but not hours. I'm just curious to why that is.

Survivor
May 10, 2014
I'd hurry up the process with a crafting elixar. Like come on half the time for subscribing members? You're technically Never gonna craft again if you craft lots of spells

Zemlon

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
i know the crafting timer will take a while so it doesn't matter, i get the item right away

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I've never been in that much of a rush. I like crafting, but it's a "when I have time" activity.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2013
Waiting is okay when you get what you need and you don't need to craft anything else. But the timers are just annoying when you're trying to do crafting quests so you can be at the level needed to craft some amazing gear, like the upgraded zeus/Poseidon/hades gear.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
If crafting multiple items, I end up wanting to use the elixir. It is extremely annoying on the longer timers. For example, crafting items to make a house. Of course, if I don't need to reset it to make multiple items, I let it run.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Since the poll does not have the option to choose:

There should be no limit to crafting, fishing, gardening,and pet training

I will simply post my opinion instead. I have been a subscriber for six years and abhor that i should have to pay more money for expendables or spend possibly months to train a good pet, get a great garden, etc.
This is the only game I play that sets limits on such things and I know as we all do that it is to "encourage" buying expendables to refill, replenish, or increase chances. I prefer my Everquest and WOW games method of "charge the customers one price for membership and don't nickel and dime them."

I love Wizard and Pirate and the are truly fantastic games.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
The reason for the crafting timers is to generate revenue from people who don't want to wait. Buying an elixir costs money. So you can spend money to craft faster, or you can save money and wait. I know with Crowns you've already spent the money, but the sooner you spend Crowns, the sooner you have to buy more.

I think I bought a crafting elixir once, but usually I have time to wait. Since I have a job and can't play during the day, when I craft things with long timers I'll craft as soon as I log on when I get home, and then by the time I play again the next day, the timers have expired.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
I suggest not only a crafting elixir but a separate slot fill or actually more things to add onto crafting like pet houses and stuff for the pets. I been around for quite some time and i think even the pets deserve some type of armor or crafting stuff for them..like collars that increase a ability or something

Your Truly
Level 57 Storm Wizard
Sean (a.k.a Sean Nightweaver)

Administrator
Got it. Thanks for the opinions, Wizards! We'll have a new topic of discussion shortly.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea