Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

drop rates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2014
I am curious as to what are the drop rates for things? I have done waterworks endless times have gotten the hat, boots and robe but not a single amulet. And also endless times doing lore master and not the spell I want to drop yet. I am starting to get very frustrated wasting play time trying to get these drops, will I ever get them or am I just hoping for something that will not happen?

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
The basic Waterworks gear is worth farming for. It's very good and not too hard to get. Stuff like mastery amulets (from WW or TotH), Loremaster Spells, Morganthe amulets, and the good Hades gear is harder. I'd only farm for those things if you like farming. I like fighting bosses, so for me it's kind of something to do for fun. I got the Divine Influence and a couple other awesome drops, but it takes a crazy lot of runs so if it starts to feel like work, take a break or skip it. You don't really need any of that stuff.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
The drop rates are supposedly random but sometimes I feel like throwing my iron hasta down and saying ain't nobody got time for this.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
I wonder the same thing. I have farmed loremaster countless times on different wizards and I haven't received but ONE spell for ONE character, yet it seems that a lot of times others get it when I'm not. I haven't farmed waterworks for a long time because I never got an amulet either. I'm having the same trouble with getting Hades gear from Tartarus. I'm hoping it has nothing to do with how much damage we do because as a life wizard, I mostly heal others, especially in the harder dungeons such as Hades and Morganthe. Can we PLEASE increase the drop rate or can you give me a clue how to increase my luck?

Thanks

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
yea, its got to be random, I've probably done WW 20 or 30 times and got 3 or 4 mastery amulets