Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2013
These are some new Enchant Ideas. Hear me out on these

Frail Weakness: +10% to a debuff, like Weakness or Mantle. For spells like Loremaster, it would Split into 2, and be 35% and 25%. The card would look like green gas with white skull and crossbones, with a Weakness in the middle. If enchanting something like Efreet or Juju with it, the max would be 99%, instead of 100%.

Iron Wall: +20% to a shield. Like Frail Weakness, it would be at a max of 99%. The card would be a golden Tower Shield

Elysian Fields: +10% to Domes (or bubbles or whatever you call it).

Trick Room (From Pokemon, lol): -15% to opposite type. You enchant the dome and it debuffs the opposite type. Enchant Wildfire, it debuffs ice while still buffing Fire.
Enchant Doom, and it debuffs Life Attack. Enchant Sanctuary, and it debuffs Death Attack
Enchant Power Play, and it debuffs all but Balance by 7%. No one uses Power Play anyways

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
kylesar1 on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
These are some new Enchant Ideas. Hear me out on these

Frail Weakness: +10% to a debuff, like Weakness or Mantle. For spells like Loremaster, it would Split into 2, and be 35% and 25%. The card would look like green gas with white skull and crossbones, with a Weakness in the middle. If enchanting something like Efreet or Juju with it, the max would be 99%, instead of 100%.

Iron Wall: +20% to a shield. Like Frail Weakness, it would be at a max of 99%. The card would be a golden Tower Shield

Elysian Fields: +10% to Domes (or bubbles or whatever you call it).

Trick Room (From Pokemon, lol): -15% to opposite type. You enchant the dome and it debuffs the opposite type. Enchant Wildfire, it debuffs ice while still buffing Fire.
Enchant Doom, and it debuffs Life Attack. Enchant Sanctuary, and it debuffs Death Attack
Enchant Power Play, and it debuffs all but Balance by 7%. No one uses Power Play anyways
I think these are all really good.
By the way, some people do use Power Play when they want to get rid of an opponent's bubble.
Myrna Dragoncloud, Grandmaster
"The Purifier"

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
These are actually really good ideas! However, I dont see a point in making the max 99% instead of 100%, because really, what good is that 1% damage going to give you?

Survivor
May 05, 2013
For some new spells personally i think for they should get like a wolf that picks the enemy kind of like the ice snake or something but a mammal

Tell me what you guys think

Anna Ravenblood

School death

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Kingsisle really needs to add these!
Darby SpriteDust, Lvl 75

- there's nothing to fear except fear itself... And also spiders.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Wow great ideas! I dont quite understand what frail weakness would do though..

Defender
May 29, 2013
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Wow great ideas! I dont quite understand what frail weakness would do though..
Say you have a regular weakness........... 25%
When enchanted with Frail Weakness, it would be a 35% Weakness

An Enchanted Black Mantle would be 55%

Enchanted Smokescreen would be 50%

Loremaster has the after-effect of 30% mantle and 20% Weakness
Enchanted, it would be 35% Mantle and 25% Weakness

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Mushyspark on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
These are actually really good ideas! However, I dont see a point in making the max 99% instead of 100%, because really, what good is that 1% damage going to give you?
You'd be surprised how fast your health can go down with 99% or even 100% resist. You need 101% for immune. Just because I could, I ran parts of Khrysalis with a companion and pet and jade gear giving me 99% resist all. Even with only that 1% opening, there's still critical and piercing auras and Shrike even from PvE creatures. I can remember some battles where I was being lazy going solo... I'm 99% resist, no worries...OMG how the heck did he just do 2100 damage????

That is resist though, it's not the same as a weakness. 100% weakness would negate all damage with no way to pierce. That's the big problem that would make this idea too OP. If it added to weakness it should not be allowed for Efreet and Bad Juju spells.

I don't really see these ideas being added because they would just offest the balance that Shrike was created to restore. The shields one isn't really needed, there's already 30, 35, 50, 55, 70, 75, 80, 85 shields all stackable as it is. I do like the idea of buffing globals or auras though.

Defender
May 29, 2013
seethe42 on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
You'd be surprised how fast your health can go down with 99% or even 100% resist. You need 101% for immune. Just because I could, I ran parts of Khrysalis with a companion and pet and jade gear giving me 99% resist all. Even with only that 1% opening, there's still critical and piercing auras and Shrike even from PvE creatures. I can remember some battles where I was being lazy going solo... I'm 99% resist, no worries...OMG how the heck did he just do 2100 damage????

That is resist though, it's not the same as a weakness. 100% weakness would negate all damage with no way to pierce. That's the big problem that would make this idea too OP. If it added to weakness it should not be allowed for Efreet and Bad Juju spells.

I don't really see these ideas being added because they would just offest the balance that Shrike was created to restore. The shields one isn't really needed, there's already 30, 35, 50, 55, 70, 75, 80, 85 shields all stackable as it is. I do like the idea of buffing globals or auras though.
I respect your view, but do you honestly believe that many shields would ever appear on a single wizard?

Anyways, I don't see the spells as OP. An Efreet weakness with 99% is no different from a 90%. Most players would much rather use colossal than Frail Weakness.

The enchanted shields are stackable. aka, breakable in one hit. Shrike was made to counter Jade gear, i.e Uber resist. Shields have nothing to do with it. Pierce and Shatter, as well as DoT makes short work of shields. Shrike wasn't made to counter shields