Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the best school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I was wondering what is the best school I have tried most of them, but I can't become a level 100 with all of the schools so to those who have multiple level 100's please tell me. The main school that I am is . So which is the best school

= Damage over time spells/attack all spells. Moderate amount of health.
= Not very powerful spells uses taunts and stuns. High amount of health.
= Very powerful spells fizzles a lot. Low amount of health.
= Summons minions to help in the fight. Moderate amount of health.
= Heals the group not very powerful spells. High amount of health.
= Steals health but not very powerful spells. Moderate health amount.
= Moderate damage many spells help the whole group for any school. Moderate health.

What is the best Non-Ravenwood school (Astral spells)
= Enchants your cards
= Auras that do different things
= Morph into different creatures

Also what is the best combination of schools

-Johnathan Nightfist 71

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
TheGamer54321 on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
I was wondering what is the best school I have tried most of them, but I can't become a level 100 with all of the schools so to those who have multiple level 100's please tell me. The main school that I am is . So which is the best school

= Moderate damage many spells help the whole group for any school. Moderate health.

= Enchants your cards

-Johnathan Nightfist 71
There is no such thing as best school or best combination. ALL schools have their good and 'bad' points and the same can be said for ALL combinations.

Favorite schools are not the same as best. Perhaps that's what you should have asked...

Personally I like all schools... certain aspects of some better than others.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
There is no best school. Different schools suit different play styles better than others is all. The strengths and weaknesses of all schools are balanced over time by gear as you level up. They are also dependant on opinion. I would say for example that DOT spells are a weakness of , not a strength. Being able to spam fizzles with smokescreen is a strength too. minions are helpful only at low levels, it's real strength is bypassing/removing shields blades and multiple stuns. starts with a high fizzle rate but has the highest accuracy boosts from gear. Most high level never fizzle. also has powerful aftereffects and ability to remove charms and blades. has a base health only 20 below so not sure how one is high and the other is moderate. It's biggest strength is there is no direct shield against it, all other schools have multiple shields. It's all opinion and how you choose to play the wizard.

Best Astral Schools is again opinion. I would say a vast majority would place them in order of
= Used in every single battle/attack
= Useful in certain situations but somewhat rare in PvE
= Almost useless except in certain team situations where you have no healer at middle levels.

Secondary schools really don't come into play much at higher levels because your own school spells are always more powerful. For mastery purposes I'd say is the most useful secondary for non-Life schools. Pretty much all schools should learn to Satyr, to Feint, to Tower Shield, and Blades and Reshuffle. You have 45 training points available throughout the game so there's plenty to go around, key thing is not to waste them on attack spells you will never use.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
TheGamer54321 on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:

= Enchants your cards

-Johnathan Nightfist 71
It depends on what you do within the game. I love my ice wizard, simply because I solo a lot, and having high health, combined with high resist, makes that much easier. I rarely if ever use stuns or taunts, and with enchantments and blades, I can usually defeat a boss with one hit.

But really, the best school is the one you prefer. Where you feel the most comfortable, and where your deck, gear, and skills all come together to make you the best you can be. As for the Star, Moon, and Sun spells, I love both Star and Sun. Morphing into an NPC for a few rounds-not so much.

Most people I know don't have a strict "second school." They train Life to sprite or satyr, maybe Balance to weakness, Re-Shuffle, and save training points for those Astral spells.

So, have fun, find your favorite school(s), and see you in the Spiral!

Erin Ice Weaver

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Im a fire school wizard ... and tbh i dont like it so much the spells are weak and low on damage, also my worlds are messed up, i started a higher ranked world at about level 30 for some reason idk, but im level 51 and just started drangonspyre when your supposed to start there at about level 40, im actually still not finished with grizzleheim e.e i think the best schools are ,,and because balance you can use 3 schools, and death you get some really cool spells and a chance of getting to level 100... and life you can your team-mates. also fire is really bad in pvp!!!! but it would be rare to see a level 100 fire wizard since that school isnt the best.. most fire wizards in my opinion are low levels...

-Nicole MoonDust Level 51 Pyromancer, Grandmaster.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Fire Wizard Nicole on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
Im a fire school wizard ... and tbh i dont like it so much the spells are weak and low on damage, also my worlds are messed up, i started a higher ranked world at about level 30 for some reason idk, but im level 51 and just started drangonspyre when your supposed to start there at about level 40, im actually still not finished with grizzleheim e.e i think the best schools are ,,and because balance you can use 3 schools, and death you get some really cool spells and a chance of getting to level 100... and life you can your team-mates. also fire is really bad in pvp!!!! but it would be rare to see a level 100 fire wizard since that school isnt the best.. most fire wizards in my opinion are low levels...

-Nicole MoonDust Level 51 Pyromancer, Grandmaster.
IMHO, Fire is a decent school if you utilize the spells right. For Example, For Fire Wizards, If you get the Astral school spells that boost the power of your spells and utilize the fire traps and blades along with maybe having gear that gives you additional fire traps in your deck, You can do a considerable amount of damage. It might take you a bit longer to get to that point, but I've boosted spells to the point where I've done almost 9000 damage on one hit. The D.O.T spells can do a good bit of damage on first hit and usually do an additional 700-1000 damage depending on the spell. Only ones I have a bit of a hard time to fight are enemies who are in the fire school. I love my Fire Wizard.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Your forgetting that myth has a ton of anti shield spells, stuns, and then minions so they are more of a tactical school than anything.