Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold to Crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2012
I looked at the forums earlier, and saw that someone wanted the option to throw away gold. Why not just be able to turn gold into crowns? Like, 1000 gold could be 10 crowns or something.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Hannah HawkThorn on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
I looked at the forums earlier, and saw that someone wanted the option to throw away gold. Why not just be able to turn gold into crowns? Like, 1000 gold could be 10 crowns or something.
Because gold costs nothing. It's free and everywhere in the Spiral. Most players have to throw away gold just to keep their backpacks from filling up. You can earn 100 free crowns a day already by playing trivia. 1000 gold for 10 crowns would allow me to earn about 4000-8000 free crowns every day. KI cannot make money by giving away it's only form of money for free. The reasons are clear why this will never happen, there would be no game if they did do it. That aside, KI has already stated multiple times that crowns will never be available for gold, period.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Hannah HawkThorn on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
Because KingsIsle employees like to earn a paycheck. Crown sales are a large part of KI's income, and letting people get them for free would reduce that income.

A better option would be to let players who have bought crowns from KI sell them to other players for gold. But KI seems very reluctant to let players sell anything to each other.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
DanTheTerrible2 on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
Because KingsIsle employees like to earn a paycheck. Crown sales are a large part of KI's income, and letting people get them for free would reduce that income.

A better option would be to let players who have bought crowns from KI sell them to other players for gold. But KI seems very reluctant to let players sell anything to each other.
I agree with half of this post that they need the income and the support from us to keep the game alive with updates and fixes...

I disagree with having the option to sell your crowns as there will be plenty of problems that will arise... scamming is main problem, just like trading gift packs, not all wizards are good wizards :P

Most of the items we can sell are NON crown items.