Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wysteria Thoughts?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 01, 2011
I think Wysteria is just a copy of Wizard City. Pay close attention to the music there is, it sounds almost exactly like Wizard City's! Then there is Unicorn Way in WC, and Pegasus Place in Wysteria. The schools are the same too! Frost is ice, Tempest is Storm, Spirit is Death, Earth is Life, Chaos is Myth, Equilibrium is Balance, Ember is Fire, and Frost is Ice. The creatures there say they are the Wysteria schools, but the school symbol and the spells they use our exactly like ours. Will Wysteria eventually get an expansion where they get exposed for copying? Or is Wysteria actually a parallel Ravenwood?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Wysteria is basically just a parody of Wizard City and Ravenwood. Wysteria doesn't actually teach any magic to it's students, it's all fake.

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
Autumn, Wysteria will get sued one day.

Do I really mean that? Of course not. There aren't lawyers in a wizard game!

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
Back to the real answer, I hate wysteria.

Pretty much a setup from Malistare maybe :?

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
xHappilyDivergentx on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
I think Wysteria is just a copy of Wizard City. Pay close attention to the music there is, it sounds almost exactly like Wizard City's! Then there is Unicorn Way in WC, and Pegasus Place in Wysteria. The schools are the same too! Frost is ice, Tempest is Storm, Spirit is Death, Earth is Life, Chaos is Myth, Equilibrium is Balance, Ember is Fire, and Frost is Ice. The creatures there say they are the Wysteria schools, but the school symbol and the spells they use our exactly like ours. Will Wysteria eventually get an expansion where they get exposed for copying? Or is Wysteria actually a parallel Ravenwood?
~ Wysteria is but a fragment of the First World inside the Wizard City cluster. It was bought by Pigswick ((A Pig)) after he was expelled from Ravenwood. He then bought the vine covered trading post and created Pigswick Academy. And somehow that place got filled with Pigs even though his first Tournament was basically an advertisement to all of the Spiral to get them to come join his academy. There at Pigswick Academy they teach magic but they slack off. They put their studies aside and the teachers even give them no homework and instead usually allow them to nap off. But anyways, Wysteria is a rivaling school of Ravenwood ((All though not very good.)) and they teach the same kinds of magic as Ravenwood does but they changed the names up a bit and they got their own school symbols. ~

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
if anything, the music sounds like Celestia. basically its so players can understand it better.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
No duh! The guy who made Pigswick Academy made it like that intentionally. Just different so it wasn't a complete copy off.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 72

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
seethe42 on Jul 2, 2014 wrote:
Wysteria is basically just a parody of Wizard City and Ravenwood. Wysteria doesn't actually teach any magic to it's students, it's all fake.
This is true. Wysteria is a parody. The music DOES NOT sound the same, by the way.
Wizard city is like, dun-dun-dun-dun, dun-dun, dun-dun, dun-duh dun, dun, dun, dun, dun.
Wysteria is like, dun...dun, dun, dun-dun-dun.
Plus Wysteria is way prettier than Wizard City so don't be hating on Wysteria.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
This is true. Wysteria is a parody. The music DOES NOT sound the same, by the way.
Wizard city is like, dun-dun-dun-dun, dun-dun, dun-dun, dun-duh dun, dun, dun, dun, dun.
May I just say this is the 4th post I've found us both on and we agreed every time? You are a good person!

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 74

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
I agree, Wysteria looks way better and more detailed that Wizard City.