Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it normal to lose your first PvP match???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
Hello! I want to know if it's normal to lose your first PvP match. I'm still a newbie at PvP so don't judge..... I do low lvl pvp and I lost my first match. Someone please tell me! Alexis DeathCloud (lvl 100) Alexis StormCaller (lvl 36?) and Alexis ShadowHeart (lvl 11 PvP character)

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
For sure. It's normal to lose lots. Like anything, it takes practice to master.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Alexis DeathCloud on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
Hello! I want to know if it's normal to lose your first PvP match. I'm still a newbie at PvP so don't judge..... I do low lvl pvp and I lost my first match. Someone please tell me! Alexis DeathCloud (lvl 100) Alexis StormCaller (lvl 36?) and Alexis ShadowHeart (lvl 11 PvP character)
Losing is perfectly acceptable. Failures are the portals of discovery.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Absolutely. You're still learning, so you should expect to lose a lot.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
But what happens when you so so many times you have zero points?

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
Your deck and strategy will work for some Wizards, but not for all.
It is in this complex senerio, that you may end up losing, even if you
are a well balanced player with losts of xp.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
Thank you guys so much! ~Alexis DeathCloud, StormCaller, and ShadowHeart.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Seeing as your new to the game this is the best advice I can give you.
Play the game reach max level get all your gear then quit there is no point to play pvp
With all the legal cheating in the game pvp isn't worth playing any more

The reason I say this is because pvp in wizard101 is not about mastering your school
It's about how well you can counter every thing all the other schools can do while doing damage in between
And there is simply so many things to counter that you couldn't possibly counter every thing

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
AngelicWolf1337 on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Seeing as your new to the game this is the best advice I can give you.
Play the game reach max level get all your gear then quit there is no point to play pvp
With all the legal cheating in the game pvp isn't worth playing any more

The reason I say this is because pvp in wizard101 is not about mastering your school
It's about how well you can counter every thing all the other schools can do while doing damage in between
And there is simply so many things to counter that you couldn't possibly counter every thing
I am not new to the game, I've been playing for about 2 or 3 years now. I just was never interested in PvP. Now I'm interested for the Commander robe. I also have a max level death wizard that I'm not going to PvP on anymore. (I've lost every match) I'm not going to get the gear to just quit.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
It's normal to lose, sure. If you are new, most players you face have more experience, and even when you are skilled you'll find people with awesome gear & unexpected tactics, so PvP is never a sure thing.

Classy players are polite and sporting, win or lose. Try to learn from every match. If you lose, think what you might do differently next time. If you win, try using that play again, but remember your opponent may be ready for it next time. Have fun but don't take it all too seriously. It's only a game.