Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Master Artisan?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 11, 2013
I'm not exactly sure what a "master artisan" is. Is there any crafting(equipment/clothing) quests that I have to do in order to craft equipment/clothing? I wanted to craft an amulet that had a card of forest lord, but it says I have to be a master artisan...?

Survivor
Nov 20, 2011
There is a quest line that you have to follow in order to become a Master Artisan. It starts in Wizard City, in Olde Town. Near the bear will be a woman, though I don't quite remember her name. She'll send you on many quests, and once you finish the Dragonspyre quest of it, you'll be considered a Master Artisan. Good luck.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dmlem28 on May 29, 2014 wrote:
I'm not exactly sure what a "master artisan" is. Is there any crafting(equipment/clothing) quests that I have to do in order to craft equipment/clothing? I wanted to craft an amulet that had a card of forest lord, but it says I have to be a master artisan...?
Crafting, like all other aspects of the game, it based on levels. You must start at the first level, and progress from there. The first level starts near the Bazaar in Wizard City.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Dmlem28 on May 29, 2014 wrote:
Getting to Master Artisan takes some time but yes you do need to craft things to make it there. Here are the ranks and crafting quests:
Novice Crafter (Wizard City): Craft The Dagger of Absolution
Apprentice Crafter (Krokotopia): Craft Ring of Insight and Poniard of Gallantry
Initiate Crafter (Marleybone): Craft Stinger of the Scropion and Constellation Jewel
Adept Crafter (MooShu): Craft Seal of the Serpahim and Possibility Dirk
Master Artisan (Dragonspyre) Craft Ring of Apotheosis and a Robe (depending on your school) and Crimson Book Stand
After Master Artisan comes more crafting in the worlds after the Malistaire Drake Storyline in the Morganthe Storyline Worlds. Ranks and Crafting Quests are as follows:
Grandmaster Artisan (Celestia): Craft Seal of the Seven Seas
Legendary Artisan (Zafaria): Craft 2 Spirit Caller Drums (By far the hardest crafting quest)
Transcendent Crafter (Azteca): Craft 2 Eagle War Shields
Promethean Crafter (Khrysalis): Craft an Ornate Burrower Chair
Hopefully this helped more than enough for crafting in the future.
Megan Frostflame Level 100 Promethean Crafter

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
Megan Frostflame on May 30, 2014 wrote:
Getting to Master Artisan takes some time but yes you do need to craft things to make it there. Here are the ranks and crafting quests:
Novice Crafter (Wizard City): Craft The Dagger of Absolution
Apprentice Crafter (Krokotopia): Craft Ring of Insight and Poniard of Gallantry
Initiate Crafter (Marleybone): Craft Stinger of the Scropion and Constellation Jewel
Adept Crafter (MooShu): Craft Seal of the Serpahim and Possibility Dirk
Master Artisan (Dragonspyre) Craft Ring of Apotheosis and a Robe (depending on your school) and Crimson Book Stand
After Master Artisan comes more crafting in the worlds after the Malistaire Drake Storyline in the Morganthe Storyline Worlds. Ranks and Crafting Quests are as follows:
Grandmaster Artisan (Celestia): Craft Seal of the Seven Seas
Legendary Artisan (Zafaria): Craft 2 Spirit Caller Drums (By far the hardest crafting quest)
Transcendent Crafter (Azteca): Craft 2 Eagle War Shields
Promethean Crafter (Khrysalis): Craft an Ornate Burrower Chair
Hopefully this helped more than enough for crafting in the future.
Megan Frostflame Level 100 Promethean Crafter
she is right for the most part i just completed the master artisan and the guy in DS has you craft the bookstands for the master badge. tip for the grandmaster and on badges SAVE YOUR SUNSTONES lol dont toss out those high gold reagents. i did and regret it still