Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP- to be or not to be.. boy does it need fixing.

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
Maybe this cesspool of hatred will never leave the game, maybe it will, who knows. Unfortunately it seems right now this mistake will be sticking around awhile. While I could continue to fight it endlessly (because for every obstacle I knock down two more spring up in it's place), my effort would be better trying to make the arena as friendly as nontoxic as I can.

So will be making this thread in the hopes that King's Isle takes a look at it and adds some of the changes mentioned here. It would be in the best interest of the game and the best interest of it's players. I will try to add to it continually as I move along and I welcome anyone to add their opinion or suggest things to add.

now let's get started.

1. cutting off the chat of everyone who spectates a match- for a lot of people this is especially important. You have hecklers sitting up there yelling nasty words, which not only is it hurtful, but it is distracting. On top of this we have people cheating for a friend in the arena, telling them who has what card selected. On top of this players in the stands cannot private message anyone, inside or outside the arena to prevent any relaying to said fighter in the arena.

2. Treasure Card Limits- Like our normal decks, every treasure card should have a limit on how many of a certain card you can have in the side deck at once time. This would cut out a majority of the mass shield spam, the mass heal spam, the mass wild bolt spam, etc. When King's Isle made the arena I doubt their intention was for people to spam treasure cards to victory. This takes a step towards fixing this.

3. Fixing the Matchups- Many players get exasperated being say a private and being stuck against a warlord who may be very low in level, or very high in level. Privates should go against privates, warlords against warlords, etc. This ability to fight those of a higher rank should be an option. This would cut down on the complaining by a large amount when everyone is on equal footing rank wise.

4. Changing the PvP interface- I cannot be the only one who thinks this PvP register they have is very simple... too simple unfortunately. If they fixed up this interface to make it a little easier to set up matches, I guarantee things would go much smoother if we were given the ability to have a set-up like we have with the practice matches. Giving us the ability to filter a rank rating and levels (within reason. For example a warlord can't filter it so he fights low level privates with no chance of winning.)

5. Boost ticket output- Just a small side suggestion here is to boost the output for lower ranks. While I can understand the want to push players to work their way up to higher ranks, these measly amounts of tickets just doesn't really say "you're the winner".

-------------
More will be added as they come up.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
I honestly don't get the problem with number 1. By the time the spectator sees the spell being cast, its already too late to do anything that round. It especially annoys me when my friend tells me what spell the opponent is casting, or if they ask me to tell them- I (or my friend) will be seeing the spell in a few seconds anyways.

Historian
May 15, 2009
AustinShadowSwordA... on May 19, 2014 wrote:
I honestly don't get the problem with number 1. By the time the spectator sees the spell being cast, its already too late to do anything that round. It especially annoys me when my friend tells me what spell the opponent is casting, or if they ask me to tell them- I (or my friend) will be seeing the spell in a few seconds anyways.
I don't honestly know because the latter never really happened unlike the former.

by that I mean I haven't had people try that trick on any of my fights, but I have had many hecklers. that is why I think you shouldn't be allowed to speak in the arena stands.

it stops that type of behavior. they should be seen, but not heard.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Samuel Wolfe on May 16, 2014 wrote:
Maybe this cesspool of hatred will never leave the game, maybe it will, who knows. Unfortunately it seems right now this mistake will be sticking around awhile. While I could continue to fight it endlessly (because for every obstacle I knock down two more spring up in it's place), my effort would be better trying to make the arena as friendly as nontoxic as I can.

So will be making this thread in the hopes that King's Isle takes a look at it and adds some of the changes mentioned here. It would be in the best interest of the game and the best interest of it's players. I will try to add to it continually as I move along and I welcome anyone to add their opinion or suggest things to add.

now let's get started.

1. cutting off the chat of everyone who spectates a match- for a lot of people this is especially important. You have hecklers sitting up there yelling nasty words, which not only is it hurtful, but it is distracting. On top of this we have people cheating for a friend in the arena, telling them who has what card selected. On top of this players in the stands cannot private message anyone, inside or outside the arena to prevent any relaying to said fighter in the arena.

2. Treasure Card Limits- Like our normal decks, every treasure card should have a limit on how many of a certain card you can have in the side deck at once time. This would cut out a majority of the mass shield spam, the mass heal spam, the mass wild bolt spam, etc. When King's Isle made the arena I doubt their intention was for people to spam treasure cards to victory. This takes a step towards fixing this.

3. Fixing the Matchups- Many players get exasperated being say a private and being stuck against a warlord who may be very low in level, or very high in level. Privates should go against privates, warlords against warlords, etc. This ability to fight those of a higher rank should be an option. This would cut down on the complaining by a large amount when everyone is on equal footing rank wise.

4. Changing the PvP interface- I cannot be the only one who thinks this PvP register they have is very simple... too simple unfortunately. If they fixed up this interface to make it a little easier to set up matches, I guarantee things would go much smoother if we were given the ability to have a set-up like we have with the practice matches. Giving us the ability to filter a rank rating and levels (within reason. For example a warlord can't filter it so he fights low level privates with no chance of winning.)

5. Boost ticket output- Just a small side suggestion here is to boost the output for lower ranks. While I can understand the want to push players to work their way up to higher ranks, these measly amounts of tickets just doesn't really say "you're the winner".

-------------
I completely disagree with numbers 1 and 2. I am tired of people complaining about tc. You can't spam shields and win a match, you can't spam heals and win a match. Wild bolt on the other hand is a spell all about luck so I think that spell alone should be excluded as a tc in pvp. If you can't deal with heal spammers and shield spammers then don't complain and instead come up with a solution on how to counter them. Your opponent will do everything he/she can to win the match and if you can't counter heal and shield spams then you need to find a solution to. Players have the option to turn off pvp chat before they enter the arena, so if you don't then don't complain if your opponent and spectators say hurtful and nasty things to you. Telling a friend what spell they THINK their opponent will use next is not cheating since they have no idea what spell will be used for sure. Remove the first two topics and I believe these changes will have a positive impact on pvp.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
stormninja542 on May 20, 2014 wrote:
I completely disagree with numbers 1 and 2. I am tired of people complaining about tc. You can't spam shields and win a match, you can't spam heals and win a match. Wild bolt on the other hand is a spell all about luck so I think that spell alone should be excluded as a tc in pvp. If you can't deal with heal spammers and shield spammers then don't complain and instead come up with a solution on how to counter them. Your opponent will do everything he/she can to win the match and if you can't counter heal and shield spams then you need to find a solution to. Players have the option to turn off pvp chat before they enter the arena, so if you don't then don't complain if your opponent and spectators say hurtful and nasty things to you. Telling a friend what spell they THINK their opponent will use next is not cheating since they have no idea what spell will be used for sure. Remove the first two topics and I believe these changes will have a positive impact on pvp.
I agree with storm ninja. For one, I usually like talking to a friend as the match is going on. Secondly, the side is also kinda small already-i don't think a tc limit is needed.

Historian
May 15, 2009
stormninja542 on May 20, 2014 wrote:
first off no one should have that many of the same tc in their side deck. honestly why is it such a stretch to want to put limits on the side deck as well?

for example top end decks for example could be

max side deck space with a limit of 8 of each treasure card.

if gives you a fair amount of cards while preventing you from tossing out 4-5 shields everytime you attack or throwing out a ridiculous number of heals.

it makes battling more fun for people who prefer real strategy to who can shut down their opponent the fastest.

and FYI turning off pvp chat does not prevent you from seeing what everyone else is saying.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Samuel Wolfe on May 16, 2014 wrote:

now let's get started.

-------------
1) I can agree with this as long as it is an option that players can choose. I personally enjoy spectator chat and I love chatting with friends both in and out of the arena while I am dueling. If it isnt made optional then in effect you are making the arena a communication dead zone which I cannot agree with.
2)The only limits I can agree to with treasure cards would be a lvl restriction. The only time I would agree to a lvl restriction is if the matching system is fixed completely. As for number of copies of TC's, that is a players choice and should not be limited.
3)Agreed
4)A filter could be helpful as long as it is within reason as you said.
5)Agreed

Historian
May 15, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on May 21, 2014 wrote:
1) I can agree with this as long as it is an option that players can choose. I personally enjoy spectator chat and I love chatting with friends both in and out of the arena while I am dueling. If it isnt made optional then in effect you are making the arena a communication dead zone which I cannot agree with.
2)The only limits I can agree to with treasure cards would be a lvl restriction. The only time I would agree to a lvl restriction is if the matching system is fixed completely. As for number of copies of TC's, that is a players choice and should not be limited.
3)Agreed
4)A filter could be helpful as long as it is within reason as you said.
5)Agreed
1. I can agree if I is made into an option.

the ability to hide the messages from everyone else in the arena, or you can set it so only friend's messages will show up.

2. a level restriction would serve to make things easier. I mean there is a reason why KI doesn't let us transfer treasure cards between wizards, so we shouldn't have all these wizards with cards way over their level.

I can understand basic level spells up to like rank 3 or 4 that teachers can teach everyone being non restricted in terms of levels, but everything else should be level required.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Samuel Wolfe on May 20, 2014 wrote:
first off no one should have that many of the same tc in their side deck. honestly why is it such a stretch to want to put limits on the side deck as well?

for example top end decks for example could be

max side deck space with a limit of 8 of each treasure card.

if gives you a fair amount of cards while preventing you from tossing out 4-5 shields everytime you attack or throwing out a ridiculous number of heals.

it makes battling more fun for people who prefer real strategy to who can shut down their opponent the fastest.

and FYI turning off pvp chat does not prevent you from seeing what everyone else is saying.
I already told you to learn how to COUNTER spams. If you are too lazy to then stop doing pvp or deal with it. Pvp is not meant to be easy. Pvp is not meant to have everything in your favor. Even if pvp chat does not completely turn pvp chat off, there is an option called the IGNORE option that you can use. If you don't use it then deal with the insults and don't complain to us about how you don't feel the need to use the simple solution to this problem. These excuses for creating these pointless limitations can easily be countered. Limiting tcs just to give yourself an edge in pvp isn't fun for everyone. If your opponent spams heal the one hit KO them, or use doom and gloom. If your opponent spams shields then use DOTs, shatter, armor pierce, etc. These are simple counters to your problem with tc spamming. No ridiculous limitations required.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
I don't think I've ever seen more complaints about PvP for any game than the ones on this forum. I'm convinced the community is just too immature and bitter about their losses. However, I assume the slower, turn-based style of play is causing players to dwell on their losses more as opposed to a death or loss on, say, a first-person shooter. Please, people, stop spewing your arrogance all over the forum every time you lose and expecting KIngsIsle to address what your subjective mind views as 'broken'. This game is very balanced and fair. Yes, the matchmaking system can be iffy at times, but it's a good (not great) system and there's not much more they can do about it. If there isn't someone online with an equivalent rank and level to yours, the rank and level searching is broadened. Those that complain about a 'broken' matchmaking system are just as likely to complain about 'never finding matches', etc. PvP is not even remotely broken. Legitimate problems (Talos at lower-levels, Guardian Spirit, Insane Bolt and many others in the past) always get fixed.These petty complaints I've read from bitter posters since I started playing this game (2010) are never going to get addressed. Also, before someone claims I have no experience with PvP, I've had multiple Warlords for every school at varying levels and ranks upwards of 1500. This game is nowhere near as bad as many of you make it seem. I often wonder why some of you even play.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
I totally agree with cutting of the chat in pvp. The reason I stopped doing pvp was because of all the bullying that goes on in the arena.

Historian
May 15, 2009
stormninja542 on May 21, 2014 wrote:
I already told you to learn how to COUNTER spams. If you are too lazy to then stop doing pvp or deal with it. Pvp is not meant to be easy. Pvp is not meant to have everything in your favor. Even if pvp chat does not completely turn pvp chat off, there is an option called the IGNORE option that you can use. If you don't use it then deal with the insults and don't complain to us about how you don't feel the need to use the simple solution to this problem. These excuses for creating these pointless limitations can easily be countered. Limiting tcs just to give yourself an edge in pvp isn't fun for everyone. If your opponent spams heal the one hit KO them, or use doom and gloom. If your opponent spams shields then use DOTs, shatter, armor pierce, etc. These are simple counters to your problem with tc spamming. No ridiculous limitations required.
oh i'm sorry. it was my mistake to assume that imposing limits so there was a finer sense of real strategy, but whatever man let's just agree to disagree.

also I happened to notice you said not a word about my first point about people spectating, but I guess you know that I was right.

so in terms of treasure cards let's just agree we won't see eye to eye on this and move on.... or you could look back a bit to see the reply I made to eric stormbringer to see I relented on imposing a number limit and focusing more on placing a level requirement for some cards, which would make more sense since they already do that for some higher level astral spells like colossal.

maybe then you'll get off your high horse and instead of ranting at me you could try to compromise like he did.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Matthew Raven 55 on May 21, 2014 wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen more complaints about PvP for any game than the ones on this forum. I'm convinced the community is just too immature and bitter about their losses. However, I assume the slower, turn-based style of play is causing players to dwell on their losses more as opposed to a death or loss on, say, a first-person shooter. Please, people, stop spewing your arrogance all over the forum every time you lose and expecting KIngsIsle to address what your subjective mind views as 'broken'. This game is very balanced and fair. Yes, the matchmaking system can be iffy at times, but it's a good (not great) system and there's not much more they can do about it. If there isn't someone online with an equivalent rank and level to yours, the rank and level searching is broadened. Those that complain about a 'broken' matchmaking system are just as likely to complain about 'never finding matches', etc. PvP is not even remotely broken. Legitimate problems (Talos at lower-levels, Guardian Spirit, Insane Bolt and many others in the past) always get fixed.These petty complaints I've read from bitter posters since I started playing this game (2010) are never going to get addressed. Also, before someone claims I have no experience with PvP, I've had multiple Warlords for every school at varying levels and ranks upwards of 1500. This game is nowhere near as bad as many of you make it seem. I often wonder why some of you even play.
err... was there a point to your post? or did you just feel like ranting?

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Samuel Wolfe on May 21, 2014 wrote:
1. I can agree if I is made into an option.

the ability to hide the messages from everyone else in the arena, or you can set it so only friend's messages will show up.

2. a level restriction would serve to make things easier. I mean there is a reason why KI doesn't let us transfer treasure cards between wizards, so we shouldn't have all these wizards with cards way over their level.

I can understand basic level spells up to like rank 3 or 4 that teachers can teach everyone being non restricted in terms of levels, but everything else should be level required.
A level restriction is incredibly unwise. For low level warlords, this basically means "you lose, forever". How is a level 10 supposed to take on a level 30 if the level 10 can only use level 10 spells?

Historian
May 15, 2009
Robobot1747 on May 22, 2014 wrote:
A level restriction is incredibly unwise. For low level warlords, this basically means "you lose, forever". How is a level 10 supposed to take on a level 30 if the level 10 can only use level 10 spells?
why is a level 10 a warlord in the first place? and if you put restrictions on treasure cards if forces you to think outside the box instead of derping and using cards you aren't really supposed to be using at that level against others of a similar level who don't have them =/

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
err... was there a point to your post? or did you just feel like ranting?
Compared to your other thread about PvP, my post was barely a rant. I just wish people would realize that this game is nowhere near as bad as people seem to assert. That's my point. If everyone would let their losses go and look at PvP objectively, they'd realize it's a good system. They could tweak the matchmaking system a bit to make rank and level more restricted (which would take even longer to find matches), but beyond that nothing needs to be changed. Unless I'm mistaken, there isn't one school that dominates all of the others in PvP. For every Ice, Fire or Myth Warlord I've seen, I could find a Life or Death with a 2000+ rating. There isn't one school that dominates a certain level. There isn't a single spell or strategy that practically guarantees a win. As I've said in the past, I don't even think going first or second should be weighted as heavily as it is either. The better Wizard will almost always win. This game is very, very diverse and balanced among all schools. I'm being genuine when I say I fail to see how this game is, without a doubt, broken. I can't even cherry-pick something I think is a big problem.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Matthew Raven 55 on May 22, 2014 wrote:
Compared to your other thread about PvP, my post was barely a rant. I just wish people would realize that this game is nowhere near as bad as people seem to assert. That's my point. If everyone would let their losses go and look at PvP objectively, they'd realize it's a good system. They could tweak the matchmaking system a bit to make rank and level more restricted (which would take even longer to find matches), but beyond that nothing needs to be changed. Unless I'm mistaken, there isn't one school that dominates all of the others in PvP. For every Ice, Fire or Myth Warlord I've seen, I could find a Life or Death with a 2000+ rating. There isn't one school that dominates a certain level. There isn't a single spell or strategy that practically guarantees a win. As I've said in the past, I don't even think going first or second should be weighted as heavily as it is either. The better Wizard will almost always win. This game is very, very diverse and balanced among all schools. I'm being genuine when I say I fail to see how this game is, without a doubt, broken. I can't even cherry-pick something I think is a big problem.
no, but then it is in my experience that many people such as yourself who are very fond of PvP tend to overlook a lot of little things.

while you may not see everything as badly as I do, in actuality they are there. they live they breathe and they cause problems.

my first solution is a good example of this.

in all the time you have done PvP. you cannot tell me you have never seen a bad opponent. one who is just as crude in victory as he is in defeat. and then you have the spectators, of whom I have seen a great many hecklers.

how is that not a problem? how is that just people over exaggerating? would you kindly explain your logic to this? because from where I stand, things like that need to be changed.

giving us the option to be able to silence everyone while in the arena is a very fair change that I am sure many people would appreciate.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
oh i'm sorry. it was my mistake to assume that imposing limits so there was a finer sense of real strategy, but whatever man let's just agree to disagree.

also I happened to notice you said not a word about my first point about people spectating, but I guess you know that I was right.

so in terms of treasure cards let's just agree we won't see eye to eye on this and move on.... or you could look back a bit to see the reply I made to eric stormbringer to see I relented on imposing a number limit and focusing more on placing a level requirement for some cards, which would make more sense since they already do that for some higher level astral spells like colossal.

maybe then you'll get off your high horse and instead of ranting at me you could try to compromise like he did.
There is no such thing as having a "Real strategy." You either have an effective strategy or non-effective strategy. If you actually read and comprehended what I had to say (which apparently you never do) you would know that I told you that you can simply use the IGNORE option in pvp. Try actually reading my post before coming to conclusions. Placing lvl requirements on tc is an ever worse idea than putting a limit on how many tc you can use lol. I already tried to compromise with you. I tried to tell you to use the IGNORE option in pvp. I tried to tell you to find a strategy AND I gave you a strategy to counter heal and shield spamming. You refuse to listen though. All you want is your own changes to the game without even stopping to read or think upon what others have to say about it. Tell me what's wrong with using the IGNORE option and telling me what's wrong with using doom and gloom against heal spamming and DOTs, shatter, and armor pierce against shield spamming. Until you tell me what's wrong with those solutions I can tell you right now that you aren't even ATTEMPTING to compromise.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Samuel Wolfe on May 22, 2014 wrote:
why is a level 10 a warlord in the first place? and if you put restrictions on treasure cards if forces you to think outside the box instead of derping and using cards you aren't really supposed to be using at that level against others of a similar level who don't have them =/
You obviously don't understand what lvl 10 warlords have to go through. I had a lvl 10 warlord until I leveled him up to 22, but even at that lvl I cannot escape the nightmare of vs people 20-30 levels above me. Using high lvl tc is the only way we have a chance at winning. I am pretty sure if my ice was still at lvl 10 he would not be able to kill a lvl 35 with an onslaught of evil snowmen before my opponent heals it off. Even with tc low lvl warlords are still forced to think outside of the box and we can still lose the match even with the tc. And for goodness sakes EVERYONE can use tc so if you don't and you lose you have only yourself to blame.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
A level 10 is a warlord because they are highly skilled. Restricting TCs to them doesn't make them "think outside the box". it throws their box down the hill and runs it over with a Hummer. If I am facing someone 30 levels ahead of me, with far more and better spells, how am I supposed to win with only 2 pip spells? When facing higher levels, those TCs will be what turns the match in your favor. I will point out for the hundredth time that TCs are fair because everyone can use them, not "low levels" or "warlords", everyone.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
no, but then it is in my experience that many people such as yourself who are very fond of PvP tend to overlook a lot of little things.

while you may not see everything as badly as I do, in actuality they are there. they live they breathe and they cause problems.

my first solution is a good example of this.

in all the time you have done PvP. you cannot tell me you have never seen a bad opponent. one who is just as crude in victory as he is in defeat. and then you have the spectators, of whom I have seen a great many hecklers.

how is that not a problem? how is that just people over exaggerating? would you kindly explain your logic to this? because from where I stand, things like that need to be changed.

giving us the option to be able to silence everyone while in the arena is a very fair change that I am sure many people would appreciate.
People are always a problem, yes. That's life. However, I was referring to the mechanics of the game rather than others' behavior. I see nothing wrong with giving an individual player the ability to mute the audience if they'd like, but I wouldn't like to see that be forced upon everyone who enters an arena. Wizard101 (specifically PvP) is not what's causing people to be rude; it's their immaturity. It's an inability to learn from losses and be respectful about winning. The best thing we can do about rude people in the game is ignore them, ask them to stop whatever it is he or she may be doing that's offensive, or report them if they continue. KingsIsle will eventually take care of it if they're mean to other players often. Again, I like your proposed chat idea as long as it is optional.

Historian
May 15, 2009
stormninja542 on May 22, 2014 wrote:
There is no such thing as having a "Real strategy." You either have an effective strategy or non-effective strategy. If you actually read and comprehended what I had to say (which apparently you never do) you would know that I told you that you can simply use the IGNORE option in pvp. Try actually reading my post before coming to conclusions. Placing lvl requirements on tc is an ever worse idea than putting a limit on how many tc you can use lol. I already tried to compromise with you. I tried to tell you to use the IGNORE option in pvp. I tried to tell you to find a strategy AND I gave you a strategy to counter heal and shield spamming. You refuse to listen though. All you want is your own changes to the game without even stopping to read or think upon what others have to say about it. Tell me what's wrong with using the IGNORE option and telling me what's wrong with using doom and gloom against heal spamming and DOTs, shatter, and armor pierce against shield spamming. Until you tell me what's wrong with those solutions I can tell you right now that you aren't even ATTEMPTING to compromise.
yes because someone who doesn't want to see the chitchat of everyone in the stands or he goes against should be forced to ignore every single person he comes across in the arena.

do you even use common sense? or do you just like to harass me? why shouldn't we have an option to hide everyone's message, or filter it so we can only see the messages from people on our friends list? is that really such a terrible thing you have to continually fight against it? how is it bad? it gives people the ability to set it so they can tune everything else out. how is that bad? how would that cause any problems. it gives people an option.

you fight it like I am saying no player should ever be allowed to talk, but honestly the ability to tune out other players messages would be beneficial not just in the arena, but in the rest of the game as well.

if we have the ability to hide the messages from all players or set it so we only see the messages from friends that would significantly speed up the framerate. I don't know if you notice this, but a lot of talking goes on in places like the wizard101 commons, being able to tune that out would help bolster their game's movement speed significantly. it's beneficial to many people, so why keep arguing against it? not everyone wants to max out their ignore list on people who don't deserve it.

and honestly your "counters" are half baked and don't work (speaking from experience.)
I have tried pierce and cleanse and infection and shatter. everything to make their job harder, but it is very ineffective when they seem to have a massive store of shields and heals. I would love to see you go on the offensive against a shield spammer or a spam healer. every other turn they are either adding to their massive piles of shields or topping their health off. and fyi it's hard to prepare a strong attack when everytime you puncture all their shields they start spamming more. it's even more prevalent when you are going second when right after you break the shields they pile on more right after.

so sorry if I am a bit skeptical about your so called "counters". I've been on the PvP sites, I've handpicked everything from my deck and cards to my gear to be ideal for PvP situations based on their guides and still I come up short on every character I have.

so something has to be off here. so excuse me if I am not going to take someone like you seriously. and compromise isn't saying "oh you're doing it wrong." it's "ok.. what if instead of placing a limit you.. (insert idea here)." something that is constructive and you haven't spouted before when clearly it's flawed.

until you can come up with something more than "use your ignore! Use shatter and infection!" this conversation is over because I refuse to waste anymore of my time dealing with someone who refuses to even try.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Robobot1747 on May 22, 2014 wrote:
A level 10 is a warlord because they are highly skilled. Restricting TCs to them doesn't make them "think outside the box". it throws their box down the hill and runs it over with a Hummer. If I am facing someone 30 levels ahead of me, with far more and better spells, how am I supposed to win with only 2 pip spells? When facing higher levels, those TCs will be what turns the match in your favor. I will point out for the hundredth time that TCs are fair because everyone can use them, not "low levels" or "warlords", everyone.
it's not really "skilled" more smurfing than anything else.

-------------
Definition
Smurfing- when a veteran to the game creates a new low level character with the express intent of getting an unfair advantage over newer players of that level within a controlled environment such as the PvP.

--------------

it's not really skilled if they are simply picking on the weaker players.

To be fair, I have seen PvP matchups in many games that seemed unfair, low levels having to ace high levels while stuck in their own gear range, and yet they pull it off. why? instead of complaining and begging for gear they shouldn't have. they funnel their time into thinking creatively and outsmarting the opponent.

But whatever man. if you want to keep fighting without offering any sort of constructive criticism or compromise, then go do it somewhere else. I don't have time to listen to people getting their pants in knots over something trivial.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Samuel Wolfe on May 23, 2014 wrote:
yes because someone who doesn't want to see the chitchat of everyone in the stands or he goes against should be forced to ignore every single person he comes across in the arena.

do you even use common sense? or do you just like to harass me? why shouldn't we have an option to hide everyone's message, or filter it so we can only see the messages from people on our friends list? is that really such a terrible thing you have to continually fight against it? how is it bad? it gives people the ability to set it so they can tune everything else out. how is that bad? how would that cause any problems. it gives people an option.

you fight it like I am saying no player should ever be allowed to talk, but honestly the ability to tune out other players messages would be beneficial not just in the arena, but in the rest of the game as well.

if we have the ability to hide the messages from all players or set it so we only see the messages from friends that would significantly speed up the framerate. I don't know if you notice this, but a lot of talking goes on in places like the wizard101 commons, being able to tune that out would help bolster their game's movement speed significantly. it's beneficial to many people, so why keep arguing against it? not everyone wants to max out their ignore list on people who don't deserve it.

and honestly your "counters" are half baked and don't work (speaking from experience.)
I have tried pierce and cleanse and infection and shatter. everything to make their job harder, but it is very ineffective when they seem to have a massive store of shields and heals. I would love to see you go on the offensive against a shield spammer or a spam healer. every other turn they are either adding to their massive piles of shields or topping their health off. and fyi it's hard to prepare a strong attack when everytime you puncture all their shields they start spamming more. it's even more prevalent when you are going second when right after you break the shields they pile on more right after.

so sorry if I am a bit skeptical about your so called "counters". I've been on the PvP sites, I've handpicked everything from my deck and cards to my gear to be ideal for PvP situations based on their guides and still I come up short on every character I have.

so something has to be off here. so excuse me if I am not going to take someone like you seriously. and compromise isn't saying "oh you're doing it wrong." it's "ok.. what if instead of placing a limit you.. (insert idea here)." something that is constructive and you haven't spouted before when clearly it's flawed.

until you can come up with something more than "use your ignore! Use shatter and infection!" this conversation is over because I refuse to waste anymore of my time dealing with someone who refuses to even try.
Your suggested option was to remove chat in the arena for EVERYONE. Try to make sure your ideas aren't selfish and related to everyone before mentioning them. I agree with this NEW idea of yours related to chat in the arena but I argued with you about your last idea which was taking chat out of the arena all together (which obviously was not well thought out). If those spells don't work for you then you are obviously using them incorrectly. If you are too lazy to learn how to use them correctly then find a new solution to your problems other than asking KI to remove or limit things all the time. I am not going to solve your problems simply because I don't feel like it and because you reject all of my solutions. So, I can tell you now, you are wasting your time with these nonsense ideas. I am positive if you would actually work hard to find counters to your pvp problems then you would not waste as much time as you are know, complaining endlessly. It's pretty fun how you tell me that I refuse to try. I simply find that hilarious since the only thing you try to do is complain and demand limitations. Not much effort to do that but I guess you are too lazy to put forth some real effort.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Samuel Wolfe on May 23, 2014 wrote:

If you really want to not see the chat, turn chat bubbles off and close the chat box. It's that simple.