Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

red and blue wisps

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Lately i have had trouble picking p health and mana wisps i an sit on them for 10 seconds sometimes and it wont pick up. It doesn't happen all the time but it till happens.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
David JadeBreaker on Apr 12, 2014 wrote:
Lately i have had trouble picking p health and mana wisps i an sit on them for 10 seconds sometimes and it wont pick up. It doesn't happen all the time but it till happens.
I actually had this happen in the Science Center area of CL last night. It did correct its self when I moved to the second area ok. I think it's a connection issue mainly.

Mary

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
David JadeBreaker on Apr 12, 2014 wrote:
It could be due to network latency. Depending on a variety of factors, your connection can be lagging behind the server and things like this happen because your machine hasn't received updated location information yet. The best thing you can do to try and assist is to make sure you aren't running software in the background that uses the network (such as streaming music or videos) and you can try resetting your internet connection. More than likely, however, you're just "unlucky" at the moment. If you find that your graphics are struggling to keep up while using the game, then your machine may need a tune up. The wizard101 client has gotten pretty "thick" over the years and requires quite a lot from your machine. If it isn't keeping up with all its tasks, then it can produce issues like this regardless of network factors. Finally, I've found that sometimes my machine gets "out of sync" with the game. If you just run at full speed through the areas or even just try changing realms, I've found this helps from time to time. Good luck, and if its too persistent, you might consider writing KI for support.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
This is most likely a problem of poor connection

If your internet sometimes messes up then the wisps will keep moving in a direction they aren't actually are for a little while. Then when you try to pick them up after, they aren't actually where they appear to be on your screen.

This is the only reason I can think of since this has happened to me in the past (although it seems to happen more in Wizard City - Marleybone)

Hope this helped in some way.

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl52
John FrostShard - lvl48

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."

Defender
Oct 04, 2010
uuummm, was you mana/health full if not then it's a glitch and KI should fix it. Without mana and health how are you supposed to do your quests?

- Scarlet Moonstone lvl 41

Survivor
May 05, 2010
gtarhannon on Apr 12, 2014 wrote:
It could be due to network latency. Depending on a variety of factors, your connection can be lagging behind the server and things like this happen because your machine hasn't received updated location information yet. The best thing you can do to try and assist is to make sure you aren't running software in the background that uses the network (such as streaming music or videos) and you can try resetting your internet connection. More than likely, however, you're just "unlucky" at the moment. If you find that your graphics are struggling to keep up while using the game, then your machine may need a tune up. The wizard101 client has gotten pretty "thick" over the years and requires quite a lot from your machine. If it isn't keeping up with all its tasks, then it can produce issues like this regardless of network factors. Finally, I've found that sometimes my machine gets "out of sync" with the game. If you just run at full speed through the areas or even just try changing realms, I've found this helps from time to time. Good luck, and if its too persistent, you might consider writing KI for support.
you just blew my mind

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Fred FireFlame on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
you just blew my mind
LOL. I have no idea how you intended that, but I choose to believe you meant it in a good way. LOL. Thanks?