Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disarm should be 0 pips

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
As I have been analyzing all the new content since returning to the game, I noticed that the storm spell disarm is still 1 pip. I have already brought this up here:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/disarm-should-be-free-44828

and I was pleasantly surprised to see that enfeeble has been added to storm's spell list. However, my fundamental reasoning for disarm to be 0 pips has not changed. Its equivalent, pierce, is also free and there is quite a long road between the end of wizard city when you get disarm and level 72 when you get enfeeble. Given the pip percentage of the storm school coupled with their low health (as in, need to reserve pips for either hitting or healing), it is very difficult for me to ever justify using this spell at the cost of a pip. Therefore, I would like to suggest once again that it be reduced to the low low price of free.

Thanks.

Survivor
May 31, 2014
gtarhannon on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
As I have been analyzing all the new content since returning to the game, I noticed that the storm spell disarm is still 1 pip. I have already brought this up here:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/disarm-should-be-free-44828

and I was pleasantly surprised to see that enfeeble has been added to storm's spell list. However, my fundamental reasoning for disarm to be 0 pips has not changed. Its equivalent, pierce, is also free and there is quite a long road between the end of wizard city when you get disarm and level 72 when you get enfeeble. Given the pip percentage of the storm school coupled with their low health (as in, need to reserve pips for either hitting or healing), it is very difficult for me to ever justify using this spell at the cost of a pip. Therefore, I would like to suggest once again that it be reduced to the low low price of free.

Thanks.
Ya... I always wondered why Disarm cost a pip.. Because, like you said, pierce only cost 0, and pierce is the equivalent... Hopefully they will make this change sooner.. So it will bring out the hassle of having to waste 1 whole pip on a Disarm.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I agree with this. It should be 0, or else pierce shield should cost 1. Pips for storm are harder to come by than in other schools.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Pierce = 0 pips and Steal Ward = 2 pips
Disarm = 1 pip and Steal Charm = 1 pip
It balances out really. If you made Disarm 0 pip, then Steal Charm should be 2 pips.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
seethe42 on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
Pierce = 0 pips and Steal Ward = 2 pips
Disarm = 1 pip and Steal Charm = 1 pip
It balances out really. If you made Disarm 0 pip, then Steal Charm should be 2 pips.
Er what? How does that balance out?

Pierce and Disarm are the charm and ward removal spells and as such should cost the same amount. This principle is applied to shatter and enfeeble. If anything one can make an argument for reducing steal ward to the same cost as steal charm.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Eric Stormbringer on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
Er what? How does that balance out?

Pierce and Disarm are the charm and ward removal spells and as such should cost the same amount. This principle is applied to shatter and enfeeble. If anything one can make an argument for reducing steal ward to the same cost as steal charm.
I believe it's done the way it is deliberately. Pierce is really just a convenience, any attack including a 0 pip wand will remove a ward. Blades require disarm or an after-effect of specific spells to remove. They really are not the same thing. As to the argument for reducing the cost of steal charm, that would be folly. You do realize that a 50% tower shield is the equivalent opposite of a 100% blade? Blades and Shields do not have the same value. Shields are intrinsically more powerful than blades already, there's no reason to change the balance.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
seethe42 on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
I believe it's done the way it is deliberately. Pierce is really just a convenience, any attack including a 0 pip wand will remove a ward. Blades require disarm or an after-effect of specific spells to remove. They really are not the same thing. As to the argument for reducing the cost of steal charm, that would be folly. You do realize that a 50% tower shield is the equivalent opposite of a 100% blade? Blades and Shields do not have the same value. Shields are intrinsically more powerful than blades already, there's no reason to change the balance.
Pierce is not merely a convenience. While shields can be removed by any 0 pip attack, said attack also takes blades/traps for the associated removal. This is why Shatter is such a powerful spell, it leaves buffs intact but completely removes shields. Exactly, shields are more powerful than blades which is why i presume steal ward cost more than steal charm. This is why it makes no sense for disarm (the spell that removes a less powerful supporting spell) to cost more than pierce(the spell that removes a more powerful supporting spell).