Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are there so little people in MooShu?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
This has been getting me a little angry, because in MooShu when I'm questing, I will have to solo bosses and look for people for about half an hour when I need to complete an instance. There's simply nobody in MooShu! What I need to know is why? MooShu is a nice place but there are about 10 people in the world at night and just a little bit more during the day. In order to actually complete the world, you either need a lot of good treasure cards, or great friends!

Melissa Smith
Magus Sorcerer
Honorary Engineer

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
BalanceMythHarmony on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
This has been getting me a little angry, because in MooShu when I'm questing, I will have to solo bosses and look for people for about half an hour when I need to complete an instance. There's simply nobody in MooShu! What I need to know is why? MooShu is a nice place but there are about 10 people in the world at night and just a little bit more during the day. In order to actually complete the world, you either need a lot of good treasure cards, or great friends!

Melissa Smith
Magus Sorcerer
Honorary Engineer
I can relate. It does seem to become a lonely world, I think DS is worse. You can try switching realms to find others or try using the new Team up feature for Boss instances.

When I am not questing or helping others, I usually sit in common areas of worlds and help anyone who asks so I know there are a wizards who come to those areas and ask for help. It is more practical then heading to the Commons and asking for help as that rarely gets you any.

Mary

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

Melissa Smith
Magus Sorcerer
Honorary Engineer
do you have a wizard101central account?
(if not, it's free to make one and posts are in real time/do not require mod approval)

i play at night as well, and i have a fire wizard in mooshu. i've had no problems soloing thus far, but angela is bored and kind of lonely at the moment as she doesn't have a questing buddy... if you'd like some company, you can send me a message on central (username is Von Shadowsong); if our time zones match, i would be happy to meet you in-game.

(if, for whatever reason, we can't meet up, central also has an entire forum dedicated to finding quest help)

-von

angela nightflame, level 34 in mooshu
"the last of the noobs"

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Melissa Smith
Magus Sorcerer
Honorary Engineer
Use the new Team Up feature if you're having problems.

And the same can be said for Marleybone (I've seen 2 people the entire time I was there) and Dragonspyre too.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Mooshu is nice and all, but with that in the first chapter of the game, no one really powerful is there any more. This game currently has Dragonspyre, Celestia, Avalon, Azteca, Zafaria, AND Khryalis afterwards. Not to mention that the game continues to expand not only world wise, but it also has pet training, and pvp all the time. My only advice is get treasure cards and some awesome friends.

Sorry.

Survivor
May 04, 2013
You'll find that as you get to a higher level, higher world, that there are not as many people there. You rarely come across other players in mooshu, DS, CL, and ZF as far as I know. (Zafaria has more player than others.)

Stephanie Fireflame
Level 61 legendary pyromancer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
StormStrong101 on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
Mooshu is nice and all, but with that in the first chapter of the game, no one really powerful is there any more. This game currently has Dragonspyre, Celestia, Avalon, Azteca, Zafaria, AND Khryalis afterwards. Not to mention that the game continues to expand not only world wise, but it also has pet training, and pvp all the time. My only advice is get treasure cards and some awesome friends.

Sorry.
you, my friend, have obviously not met von's wizarding army.

because i have lots of experience with the high-level worlds, my noobs have awesome gear and use a similar strategy to my prometheans (3 of them) in khrysalis, and i'm sure i'm not the only one. yes, there is pet training/pvp/crafting, whatev, but they get boring after a time. for me at least, the first-arc worlds are a nice break from the annoying, grind-y tedium of the later worlds.

to the op: my invitation is still open, if you are still looking for a questing buddy.

-von

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
This post rings very true it really does seem as if mooshu is a ghost town and I simply positively cannot find a soul to do the jade oni quest with....I may have to buy my first minion because I'm not sure if I can do it alone.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Well, a good thing to do and get around this problem comes in various forms.
A. Travel to Wizard City, and find someone that is willing to help.
B. Switch realms in hopes of finding someone to aid you in your quests.
C. Wait for someone to come to you
D. Use the newly acquired Team Up! button. It is very useful if you ask me!

Alongside this, the first five worlds aren't exactly the most populous with wizards. (with an exception of wizard city) Why? Well, considering that most wizards nowadays have beaten/passed Malistaire, they soend more time in the Morganthe Arc worlds than they do the Malistaire Arc worlds. I hope this post helped you, and I wish you luck on your journeys in the Spiral!

Blaze Stormmancer