Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Everyone Has Their Weakness

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 02, 2009
This thread is just to talk about the different weaknesses I'm not saying that they shouldn't be there- if there weren't problems, the game would be too easy. But for the people that say "Life gets too many heals, it's not fair!" or "Storm's attack is just too high!" they probably don't understand the weaknesses. So here it goes.
*DISCLAIMER* I have an ice and a myth wizard, and therefore have my own bias, HOWEVER I have talked to many different people in the game, and believe that I can make fair assumptions*

: Balance's main weakness is that they have weaker attacks. They average about 5 more damage than ice- and with enemies with health in the 10000s, that isn't much. To keep things simple, look at their first attack. Scarab has 85% accuracy, BUT ONLY 65 DAMAGE. So this means balance has to use their blades, which leads me to my next point. Balance's blades are the weakest in the game. 25% and 30% (trap), but they activate any hit. Which means they can't use a wand spell to remove their weakness without destroying their buildup.

: Firstly, death doesn't get their first AoE until level 48. Once you pass that point this doesn't matter, but it slows down the first arc. Secondly, have you thought about the proportion of enemies that are death? Death wizards need to load up prisms before they hit-always. And before Scarecrow, that meant your deck had to be nearly perfectly crafted to kill a death boss with a death minion.

: Myth's is pretty easy to spot. First of all, myth is the only school without a decent Rank X spell. Mortis spells aside, you get 2 minions. My myth has never used the Troll minion, and I've used the Cyclops minion maybe 10 times. So while death gets a heal spell-to anyway- (Sacrifice), myth gets a never-used minion. The next myth issue is the AoEs. Four of the seven schools have 3 AoEs. Death's is rank 7; Life's is rank 8. But myth's? Myth's is either 6 or 4. And Earthquake isn't very useful-- only 310 damage hen you do PvE.

: Storm's weakness isn't hard to spot, once you play with them for a while. Storm has very low health-- my 95 Diviner just broke 3000, and she has the Hades gear. Storm also has very low resist, and with the installation of Shadow Shrike and the Spears, they have none. This means any wizard can do the following in PvP: Fireblade, Sharpened Fireblade, Furnace, Shadow Shrike, and use either Efreet or the Quetzal and do an overkill.

I'm running out of characters allowed, so in the next thread (Everyone Has Their Weakness- Part Two) I will cover Ice, Life, and Fire.

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
This is a continuation of Everyone Has Their Weakness- Pt. 1. For backround, please see that thread.

To continue:
: Life's weakness has always been crystal clear to me, from the moment I got blizzard. Their first AoE spell is received in Celestia. Can you imagine having to use Only single-hit spells when you fought Malistaire? Sounds awful right? Life's second weakness is their abundance of heals. Yes, heals are very powerful. But it means less attacks. Imp, Leprechaun, Nature's Wrath, Seraph. That's it up to level 33. You get the point, no?

: Fire's weakness is more clouded, but it's still there. Fire's spells are DoT. Yes, they do more damage than storm. BUT THEY GIVE YOUR ENEMY MORE TIME TO KILL YOU. Sure, they are much more damaging than other schools. But this means that you can't cast a spell and say "Oh! It did critical! They're dead! I only have 100 life, but they're dead!" It means you have to Say "Oh. It did critical. Yippee. I'm still dead though."

: Ice's main weakness is that with the introduction of Armor Piercing, Shadow Shrike, and the Spear spells, our resist is only useful in PvE. Our attacks are also not the best in the game-- We do the same amount of damage on Colossus as a Storm does on Kraken- without Blades, Traps, and Damage Percentiles. With them, we do maybe half as much. Sure, ice wizards can be annoying. But they're easier to defeat than you'd expect.

Survivor
Oct 06, 2013
I HAPPEN to be balance, and if you go to the krokosphinx, you will think twice about calling us weaker.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
you are very right everyone has there weakness, wich make al schools equal, but theres one thing you didint take in mind, ( well i didint notice it) tresure cards and the spells given from wands and amulets.

tresure cards:

• in balances case the blades get a bit stronger as well as the attacks.
  • in deaths case, the steals are stronger, and you are right TO MANY DEATH ENEMIES.
  • doesent affect myth that much though, just gives them a bit more attack
  • there attacks are OP enough, imagine them bosted.
  • lifes heals are bosted, wich is helpful, and the attacks are too, and who says that life dosent have attack all enemies spells?
  • in fire, the damages over time are bosted, but not much, al you get is that the damage is like 25% beter, not much
  • it makes up for the low attacks, but they end up i bit like lifes medium attacks

well ill coment in the future , tell me what you think and we can continue this conversation. but next time well talk about or the spells from wands and amulets or the astral spells

Isaac GoldHeart, lvl 19

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
not to mention earthquake gets rid of ALL charms and wards on the enemies.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Nice post RTDV. Please ignore the others, as they obviously didn't understand from the title nor what you wrote, what you were trying to accomplish.

Every school has it's strengths and weaknesses. That's what makes them unique.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
StormStrong101 on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
not to mention earthquake gets rid of ALL charms and wards on the enemies.
true, very true

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
BrynnerOfReign on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
Nice post RTDV. Please ignore the others, as they obviously didn't understand from the title nor what you wrote, what you were trying to accomplish.

Every school has it's strengths and weaknesses. That's what makes them unique.

um well we have are opinion, and alot of us did understand no ofending but telling him to ingnore are post was abit rude

Survivor
Aug 16, 2013
Explorer
May 13, 2013
rtdv on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
This thread is just to talk about the different weaknesses I'm not saying that they shouldn't be there- if there weren't problems, the game would be too easy. But for the people that say "Life gets too many heals, it's not fair!" or "Storm's attack is just too high!" they probably don't understand the weaknesses. So here it goes.
*DISCLAIMER* I have an ice and a myth wizard, and therefore have my own bias, HOWEVER I have talked to many different people in the game, and believe that I can make fair assumptions*

: Balance's main weakness is that they have weaker attacks. They average about 5 more damage than ice- and with enemies with health in the 10000s, that isn't much. To keep things simple, look at their first attack. Scarab has 85% accuracy, BUT ONLY 65 DAMAGE. So this means balance has to use their blades, which leads me to my next point. Balance's blades are the weakest in the game. 25% and 30% (trap), but they activate any hit. Which means they can't use a wand spell to remove their weakness without destroying their buildup.

: Firstly, death doesn't get their first AoE until level 48. Once you pass that point this doesn't matter, but it slows down the first arc. Secondly, have you thought about the proportion of enemies that are death? Death wizards need to load up prisms before they hit-always. And before Scarecrow, that meant your deck had to be nearly perfectly crafted to kill a death boss with a death minion.

: Myth's is pretty easy to spot. First of all, myth is the only school without a decent Rank X spell. Mortis spells aside, you get 2 minions. My myth has never used the Troll minion, and I've used the Cyclops minion maybe 10 times. So while death gets a heal spell-to anyway- (Sacrifice), myth gets a never-used minion. The next myth issue is the AoEs. Four of the seven schools have 3 AoEs. Death's is rank 7; Life's is rank 8. But myth's? Myth's is either 6 or 4. And Earthquake isn't very useful-- only 310 damage hen you do PvE.

: Storm's weakness isn't hard to spot, once you play with them for a while. Storm has very low health-- my 95 Diviner just broke 3000, and she has the Hades gear. Storm also has very low resist, and with the installation of Shadow Shrike and the Spears, they have none. This means any wizard can do the following in PvP: Fireblade, Sharpened Fireblade, Furnace, Shadow Shrike, and use either Efreet or the Quetzal and do an overkill.

I'm running out of characters allowed, so in the next thread (Everyone Has Their Weakness- Part Two) I will cover Ice, Life, and Fire.
Thx for your insight. I couldn't agree more. This should lead to people starting less topics such as: "Ice it to OP? or "Balance is the weakest school" ( at least I hope less people will)

Pokebow
Lvl16 (I'm getting there)

P.S. How long did it take you to write that? :P

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Balance's blades aren't a weakness, they are a result of Balance's biggest strength. Balance is the only school that cannot be shielded except by the weak Tower and Legion shields. You also say their weak attack is their main weakness. Judgement is one of the most powerful in the game, the TC version is only out powered by a colossal Heck Hound or Storm Owl. Again no shield makes Balance attacks more powerful. Not being able to easily clear weakness or shields is really the main weakness of Balance, but that's very minor.

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
I did not say that any school (especially from comments, balance) was better or worse than the others. I simply wanted to reduce the amount of "School X is OP" threads.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I wasn't saying you were, nor was I saying balance was best/worst. I was merely pointing out that the blades being weaker than others are a necessity, not a weakness. And the attacks aren't weak when you factor in the lack of shields. The trouble clearing charms is the real main weakness, and some would say the lack of a prism (I'm not one of them). I agree with the spirit of your post, I was only pointing out a mistake.