Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

status cards!!!!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
i think a good way to give wizards extra power would be to give them new status cards!!! a status card is like a regular spell card but is not used in combat. for example, storm could get some that increase their damage, and ice resist, independent from the use of gears or combat spell cards. kind of like a natural stat that is (at least mostly) restricted to school only!!!!! here are just a few potential ideas.

ice
level 10 stout rank one +10% resistance to all schools
level 15 ice proof rank one +20% resistance to ice school
level 20 stout rank two +20% resistance to all schools
level 30 ice proof rank two +40% resistance to ice school

you can guess other schools would get similar things. everyone can get up to 40% resistance on their school through this, and instead of resistance schools like storm could have damage increases and life could get healing boosts. maybe there could be special utility skills that are even more unique like life getting a chance to revive if defeated with a small amount of health a small chance of course. maybe muh could get one that allows them to have multiple minions summoned at once, or dot spells cast by fire lasting an extra round or two, or storm spells having a chance to throw in an extra stun effect. the possibilities are so broad. please think about this post with an open mind and be respectful with your comments. you might think my ideas are overpowered, but you can revise them a bit or even make your own!!! should monsters have access to these special cards? maybe only bosses? what about minions? think with an open (and PLEASE not purely pvp based) mind and remember that this post is well thought out and deserves more than a "meh" or a "nah"!!!

Survivor
Dec 17, 2013
Emperor of Life on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
i think a good way to give wizards extra power would be to give them new status cards!!! a status card is like a regular spell card but is not used in combat. for example, storm could get some that increase their damage, and ice resist, independent from the use of gears or combat spell cards. kind of like a natural stat that is (at least mostly) restricted to school only!!!!! here are just a few potential ideas.

ice
level 10 stout rank one +10% resistance to all schools
level 15 ice proof rank one +20% resistance to ice school
level 20 stout rank two +20% resistance to all schools
level 30 ice proof rank two +40% resistance to ice school

you can guess other schools would get similar things. everyone can get up to 40% resistance on their school through this, and instead of resistance schools like storm could have damage increases and life could get healing boosts. maybe there could be special utility skills that are even more unique like life getting a chance to revive if defeated with a small amount of health a small chance of course. maybe muh could get one that allows them to have multiple minions summoned at once, or dot spells cast by fire lasting an extra round or two, or storm spells having a chance to throw in an extra stun effect. the possibilities are so broad. please think about this post with an open mind and be respectful with your comments. you might think my ideas are overpowered, but you can revise them a bit or even make your own!!! should monsters have access to these special cards? maybe only bosses? what about minions? think with an open (and PLEASE not purely pvp based) mind and remember that this post is well thought out and deserves more than a "meh" or a "nah"!!!
Honestly, while this may be a good idea to twist up PvP tournaments and PvE, I disapprove!
This would make PvP (besides tournaments) a lot more unfair and would turn the entire game into a madhouse! Now, this would also make PvE a lot easier with bosses in KHRYSALIS making the game WAY too easy to solo. Even if you were a STORM WIZARD. And if monsters were able to use this, this would make it go WAY TOO FAR. So, my rating? Gotta give it a nah. I think this would make the game just broken for lower levels and may make battles shorter or WAY too long. That's my opinion on this. I am going to check back on this every so often to see what others think of this. Until then, Not everything is a good idea, you just have to prove it before it is.
~Adrian Silvermancer Level 34

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
:) i like this idea this definetly would push ice to invincibilty though i fear thats my only concern
other than that i love this goooo status cards :p

Survivor
Jun 22, 2013
Here's my idea:

SharpShooter, learned: lvl 35 for all schools

+15 Pierce +15 Accuracy

Nemesis. learned lvl 55 for all schools

+120 Critical +120 Block.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
After all KI did to shred the immune ice players and jadezilla's, I dont think it would be a good idea to lift the 50% pierce with a +40% bonus resistance :P. Wizards walking around with 140% storm defense may be pushing it a little to far wouldnt you agree? Not only pvp based but in pve as well, it would make questing so much easier knowing the opponent will hit 0 no matter what. I'd have to rate this a nah as well

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
I think this is a great idea it would mix things up make peoples moves less expectable because of different custom stat changes but I think it should probably be nerfed a little from your examples but other than that I would love to see this in game!

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
like the idea
but the stats are a bit to overpowered for resist