Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best plant for Fossil?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Can anyone tell me the best plant to take care of for Fossil? I'm trying to prepare for the Legendary Artisan Quest a head of time so that when I get to it on my Fire Character, i'll have enough fossil to do it. I want to plant a plant that gives the most Fossil possible. I know that the Deadly Helephant Ears is perfect for getting A LOT of Sandstone but now I wanna know what plant gives the most Fossil during the Mature stage. Can anyone out there help me? The plant can be of any rank required. I'm gonna be using my Death Character to take care of the plants since my death character is high in gardening rank. Any plant will do and if it's a plant from the crown shop, tell me where I can farm for the plant. If it's a plant that you can get from the Bazaar, then tell me that you can get it from the bazaar. Basically I want you to tell me the name of the plant and where I can get it from. I'm taking care of some Fickle Pickles but they don't seem to be dropping much Fossils but they do drop some nice tc such as the tc versions of blades and traps. It's hard to get the tc versions of blades so the Fickle Pickle definitely helps in that part. Any advice will be nice.

Hunter WaterSmith Level 95 Rank 18 Gardener
Miguel ShadowBlood Level 46Rank 2 Gardener

Community Leader
I'm not really sure about fossil but you can farm stone block Here is the Wiki garden page for stone block http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Stone_Block. I always found the best place is to jsut to go Dragonspyre and harvest stone block, then transmute to fossil.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I agree with Paige Moonshade. Another idea for farming is that when you see a stone block(or other reagent), collect it and change realms. Chances are, the same reagent will have spawned there also! I don't know whether this is exploiting or another offense but it's pretty helpful!
Good luck!
Neela Lotusflower
Legendary

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Neela and Paige, do any of you know what's required for the Legendary Artisan Quest? If ya did, you would of known that the Legendary Artisan Quest requires 64 Fossil, that's equal to 960 Stone Block. Harvesting for Stone Block will take hours just to get 960 Stone Block let alone turn them into Fossil. I know about harvesting for Stone Block but I don't want to have to harvest for 960 Stone Block. I want a easier way to get Fossil so I won't have to harvest for so many Stone Block. I'm sorry but that wasn't really helpful. Does anyone else have any other suggestions other then Harvesting for Stone Block?

Btw, your chances of getting a Fossil from Stone Block is like 1 out of 10 Stone Block harvests or 1 out of 15

Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
try burning snap dragon
it give fossils

as well as acorn, black coal, black lotus, deep mushroom, diamond,fossil, ghost fire, glass vial, jade, lava lily, nightshade, sapphire, scrap iron, stone block

Emily DreamCatcher lvl 95 life

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I know exactly how much stone is required to transmute to fossil in order to do quest, it's not that hard and doesn't take that long to obtain go on a circuit and realm hop much quicker than gardening. And if you collect as you quest you will find you have most reagents when they are needed; I speak from experience being maxed out crafter and having constructed all 3 houses and multitudes of gear and furniture, and a few spells. But to answer your question fickle pickle and burning snap dragon. The link below provides other methods for obtaining as well. Good luck.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Fossil

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
Neela and Paige, do any of you know what's required for the Legendary Artisan Quest? If ya did, you would of known that the Legendary Artisan Quest requires 64 Fossil, that's equal to 960 Stone Block. Harvesting for Stone Block will take hours just to get 960 Stone Block let alone turn them into Fossil. I know about harvesting for Stone Block but I don't want to have to harvest for 960 Stone Block. I want a easier way to get Fossil so I won't have to harvest for so many Stone Block. I'm sorry but that wasn't really helpful. Does anyone else have any other suggestions other then Harvesting for Stone Block?

Btw, your chances of getting a Fossil from Stone Block is like 1 out of 10 Stone Block harvests or 1 out of 15
I have gotten fossils from fickle pickle plants. You can buy them at the bazaar and from Farley. They are relatively easy to maintain and give other awards such as treasure cards, snacks, and other reagents.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:

Actually the Legendary Artisan quest is to make 2 Spirit Drums and requires 0 fossils. The best way to get fossils IS harvesting stone. Take it from someone who has crafted nearly every Azteca recipe just because I can. Even your own numbers show it. You can get 4-6 harvests in one place in Avalon and 4-5 in Drangonspyre. With 10 per fossil and picking up the odd fossil on the way it takes no time. Pick them up, change realms, pick them up... you can easily collect about 300 stone blocks and about 15 fossils in less than an hour. I don't know what quest you are on, but if it's using fossils I assume it's not a quest but for gear. All the bosses in Azteca and Khrysalis drop Fossils, you can always farm them. But collecting stones is by far the fastest and easiest way.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Fossils can by obtained from Burning Snap Dragons and Fickle Pickles. Stone blocks can be obtained from the same, as well as Tiger Lilies, Dandilions, and Snap Dragons.