Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We need a mount/dismount shortcut

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Mounts are great, but getting on and off them seems to be more time consuming than it ought to be. I have to open my backpack, select the mount category, select the mount I want, then click the equip icon. Basically four clicks/keystrokes. Doesn't seem like much when you just do it once, but when you do it nearly every time you run to a new quest location, then do the three clicks/keystrokes it takes to dismount, It gets old. Fast.

As far as I know, there is no keyboard shortcut for mount/dismount. At least there is not one listed in any of the shortcut lists I have seen. If there is one I haven't found, someone PLEASE inform me.

KingsIsle, please consider adding a keyboard shortcut for mount/dismount. I know the obvious "M" and variations of it are reserved for the Map, but surely another letter could be found. "T" doesn't seem to be in use, think of it as moun(t). Alternate mnemonics might be "T for travel", or "call (T)rigger" [for Roy Rogers fans].

I expect mount sales form a sizeable fraction of total crown sales, perhaps making them easier to use would bump up corporate income a bit?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I would use this keyboard shortcut often.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I'd certainely use it more often than the accidental teleport to the commons shortcut key...lol

Seriously, GREAT IDEA!!

With how often I'm using my two accounts together,and riding my 2 person mount.
It's a pain to have to switch off one mount, just to jump on the second.

The speed button is a brilliant idea

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Personally I see no need for it. I never dismount. It's also not really that much. You click the backpack and double click the mount to equip/unequip.

Community Leader
One thing that KI's game designers would have to consider is which mount to equip. Perhaps binding a specific mount to the hotkey? Opening up a selection wheel that would equip whatever mount the mouse was highlighted on?

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
DanTheTerrible on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
Mounts are great, but getting on and off them seems to be more time consuming than it ought to be. I have to open my backpack, select the mount category, select the mount I want, then click the equip icon. Basically four clicks/keystrokes. Doesn't seem like much when you just do it once, but when you do it nearly every time you run to a new quest location, then do the three clicks/keystrokes it takes to dismount, It gets old. Fast.

As far as I know, there is no keyboard shortcut for mount/dismount. At least there is not one listed in any of the shortcut lists I have seen. If there is one I haven't found, someone PLEASE inform me.

KingsIsle, please consider adding a keyboard shortcut for mount/dismount. I know the obvious "M" and variations of it are reserved for the Map, but surely another letter could be found. "T" doesn't seem to be in use, think of it as moun(t). Alternate mnemonics might be "T for travel", or "call (T)rigger" [for Roy Rogers fans].

I expect mount sales form a sizeable fraction of total crown sales, perhaps making them easier to use would bump up corporate income a bit?
Not trying to be harsh, but is this really necessary? I can't possibly take more than 10 seconds to change a mount. I don't see why you would need to change mounts anyway. And btw you can't use "T". That turns quest helper on and off. Again, sorry if I was harsh, just trying to save KI and you trouble.
-Lauren Dragontail

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
There's no need to pick a mount. Just have the shortcut equip whatever the last mount you rode was. If you need to switch you can go through the backpack. The problem isn't changing mounts, which there is very little reason to do, the problem is getting off and on. There are areas of the game (I'm thinking Marleybone rooftops, but there are others) that are very difficult to navigate on a mount without getting into unwanted street fights, but are much easier on foot. Having a shortcut would not only make getting on your mount quicker but would make it harder to mess up and pick the wrong mount.