Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What about wizards with abilities?!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
So I been thinking and chatting with some of my friends on the game. Well we thought what about abilities to wizards, what I mean by that is a effect that keeps on the wizard constantly. I give you the example what we came up with

would be immune to piercing
DoT would last 2 rounds longer ( so if 300 for 3 round= 100 per round, well it will do a 100 damage for 2 extra rounds
Is able to summon 2 minions to help him
able to damage with heals( there really isn't a lot of attacks life can do)
more like a shock wave, its does 20% of the spell to the opponent, then hits with the spells with blades. like a bomb shock wave then the blast hits.
I haven't thought of something about this, its a little tricky, but can gain pips from defeated enemies
every turn you get a shield, or if you hit a balance enemy with a balance attack it turns to a random element

Its just a thought, but what do you think about it, and if so, come up with your abilities, I would like to hear from your ideas, I tried to keep the abilities even, but like I said I want to hear your opinions, and if possible whats your ideas on abilities?

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
Oh I forgot something, you have to be on a certain level for the abilities .

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
Zafaria would be a good time to learn them.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I actually like the idea of this that schools have their own abilities. Please read past my tone. I do like your idea, Diamond, just not the specifics.

However I do NOT like these specific abilities.

- immune to pierce? really? we should delte and school then. Ice can EASILY have immunity to both so that would be awful if become pierce immune.

- an extra 100 or 200 damage and would have pierce immunity. You can't be serious. The ability if you can even call THAT an ability is very very weak.

- I kinda argee with this. I had thought of this before. has ALMOST NOTHING to make it unique now. Anybody can cast their attack all spells

- perhaps (just a suggestion and I have no idea how yet) could have the unique ability to heal above maximum HP, but nothing crazy, maybe when they reach maximum health additional heals will do 10% of what they normally do to allow the theurgist to heal above maxiumum HP. Note I'm not saying they can cast satyr every round and keep doubling their health. 10% when they are full healed. It would be cool seeing life get this ability but everyone will get mad with arena taking longer. This is not a spell a life school ability by selecting life school. Same as the others.

- tricky one - they do have enormous damage already - perhaps some base stun resistance or give the base stun resistance to ice or myth

More on this later. Good idea Diamond. Maybe if we combine a few more ideas we'll have it lol

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
ViciousVenomousVix... on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
I actually like the idea of this that schools have their own abilities. Please read past my tone. I do like your idea, Diamond, just not the specifics.

- immune to pierce? really? we should delte and school then. Ice can EASILY have immunity to both so that would be awful if become pierce immune.

- an extra 100 or 200 damage and would have pierce immunity. You can't be serious. The ability if you can even call THAT an ability is very very weak.

- I kinda argee with this. I had thought of this before. has ALMOST NOTHING to make it unique now. Anybody can cast their attack all spells

- perhaps (just a suggestion and I have no idea how yet) could have the unique ability to heal above maximum HP, but nothing crazy, maybe when they reach maximum health additional heals will do 10% of what they normally do to allow the theurgist to heal above maxiumum HP. Note I'm not saying they can cast satyr every round and keep doubling their health. 10% when they are full healed. It would be cool seeing life get this ability but everyone will get mad with arena taking longer. This is not a spell a life school ability by selecting life school. Same as the others.

- tricky one - they do have enormous damage already - perhaps some base stun resistance or give the base stun resistance to ice or myth

More on this later. Good idea Diamond. Maybe if we combine a few more ideas we'll have it lol
Why thank you, the abilities above are just examples, but I do like your ideas, I would like to hear from others suggestions if people have them

P.S. I don't think the fire ability is all that bad if you think about it, imagine a tick with heck hound max pips does gives a tick of 5,000 damage per turn that's a total of 15,000 damage total imagine 2 more turn of 5,000 damage, it would be a grand total of 25,000 damage. I seen some fire wizards get a tick to do way past 5,000 before. So it can be lethal

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Alright I'm going to the dark side for ya since no one has thought of an ability for Death. Hmm, I would think along the lines of like a mana steal as well as a health steal. That sounds about right, though the mana steal would be a lot weaker. The drains would work normal, the mana you steal would only stay at like say you steal 1-3 mana per drain.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 82

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
Nightblood1995 on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
Alright I'm going to the dark side for ya since no one has thought of an ability for Death. Hmm, I would think along the lines of like a mana steal as well as a health steal. That sounds about right, though the mana steal would be a lot weaker. The drains would work normal, the mana you steal would only stay at like say you steal 1-3 mana per drain.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 82
How with this work Nightblood, I only say this because:

1. Mana is useless in PvP
2. Bosses have unlimited Mana and spells ( so it will keep you up on mana )

So this is perfect for PvE, but Useless in PvP for people obsessed with PvP lol

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Diamond Dust on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
How with this work Nightblood, I only say this because:

1. Mana is useless in PvP
2. Bosses have unlimited Mana and spells ( so it will keep you up on mana )

So this is perfect for PvE, but Useless in PvP for people obsessed with PvP lol
Lol good point. I was just trying to add onto Death's Drain spells, since that's what we're most noted for XD

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl 82

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Diamond Dust on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
So I been thinking and chatting with some of my friends on the game. Well we thought what about abilities to wizards, what I mean by that is a effect that keeps on the wizard constantly. I give you the example what we came up with

would be immune to piercing
DoT would last 2 rounds longer ( so if 300 for 3 round= 100 per round, well it will do a 100 damage for 2 extra rounds
Is able to summon 2 minions to help him
able to damage with heals( there really isn't a lot of attacks life can do)
more like a shock wave, its does 20% of the spell to the opponent, then hits with the spells with blades. like a bomb shock wave then the blast hits.
I haven't thought of something about this, its a little tricky, but can gain pips from defeated enemies
every turn you get a shield, or if you hit a balance enemy with a balance attack it turns to a random element

Its just a thought, but what do you think about it, and if so, come up with your abilities, I would like to hear from your ideas, I tried to keep the abilities even, but like I said I want to hear your opinions, and if possible whats your ideas on abilities?
Hmm..Personally, I think that I'd dislike this, because some seem a little overpowered, and some a little underpowered. (Myth and balance) Personally, I think that it would be more interesting if different schools got different stats as they leveled up. Maybe 1% of the stat every few levels, or something. This could reinforce the role of that school, and make stats such as stun resist and piercing a little easier to get. If the abilities were implemented, though, death could cast a 5% plague or something on every attack. Fire's is a bit overpowered, maybe only one extra tick? Life, heals could have a spirit armor effect. Depending on how large the heal, the spirit armor would be more powerful, and level would have to be taken into account. Myth could have a chance of turning a single hit spell into a double hit, that would be very interesting. Ice could have shield and blade percentages increased. Storm..hmm..maybe, when you use a spell, it creates a shock wave that hits all of the opponents, somewhat like you suggested? Idk. Balance could possibly have an ability that puts a small weakness on the opponent when they use a weakness, or a blade on yourself when your opponent casts a blade. Also, would these abilities work when you used another school's spell, or a treasure card? If a fire used snow angel, would it increase the amount of ticks snow angel had? (Oh, and a tick is the name for one round of a Damage over Time spell) These ideas might have to be balanced out a bit, but I think that this is a very interesting concept that could at a lot of depth to the game.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
ViciousVenomousVix... on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:

First, I do like your idea. Could really help with those high-end cheating bosses when no one is able to help you (we all know those situations exist), but sometimes they might be unnecessary or hurt in a way (Fire's ability is an OK example, you could forget what round your DoT is on and use a trap on the supposed last round only to realize it has the extra 2 rounds). You could equip/unequip these similar to gear, just add an extra tab for gear in your backpack.

On the ability to heal above your normal health, I can't say I haven't thought of this before and have a maybe solution to how: an absorb could be added when your max health is reached, that way it can be pierced off. And instead of it just being spam added to, it would only activate for the first heal that you reached your maximum health.
example- max is 3,000 health
- your at 2,940 (I just keeping numbers simple)
- the Wizard heals with Satyr (860, assume no heal boosts)
- the Wizard would be healed to the full 3K with an absorb worth 800

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
To Aaron: Yes it like the ability within the wizard, so if a fire wizard used a snow angel the tick would last another round. I like all of these ideas. they are great. I think myth should have the minion one though it really needs it sometime. I love your life ability, and your death ability. Could the Death ability be that it puts a small infection with each hit? but I love the weakness keep the ideas of flowing

" Ice is Delicate and beautiful, but can be tough and deadly"

Angel lvl 85

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
I just thought of another ability for Death! What if Death wizards were able to use their drains on other wizards instead of just themselves?

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 88

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
Nightblood1995 on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
I just thought of another ability for Death! What if Death wizards were able to use their drains on other wizards instead of just themselves?

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 88
So, you mean like this?

Use Frankie on the enemy, and let the other wizard receive the heal?
that is a great :D

" Ice is delicate and beautiful, but can be fierce and deadly"

Angel lvl 90
and others

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Diamond Dust on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:
So, you mean like this?

Use Frankie on the enemy, and let the other wizard receive the heal?
that is a great :D

" Ice is delicate and beautiful, but can be fierce and deadly"

Angel lvl 90
and others
Yes exactly like that XD

How it works:
Cast a Drain like normal but there would be an added selection step as to who the Drain will heal XD not too complicated and very helpful :D

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 90

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
for death ability, i'd say a +25% health gain from steal spells and +5% to infection and mass infection