Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2013
So, I just bought the recipe to Ninja Pigs. Very expensive recipe and I certainly understand that. It is a great spell and many people seem to like it. So after buying the spell I'm looking through the reagent list to start gathering items. No problem there, until Amber. I did a search on here to find out how to get it and it appears the only way is through the bazaar (which appears to be extremely rare) and gardening. I am not a gardener and really have no interest in it. So I am out of luck, correct? Doesn't seem right to me, but OK. I guess I just wasted 60,000 gold. Thanks Wizard101.

Administrator
There are more ways to obtain Amber, young Wizard. Visit our fansite at http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Amber to learn what creatures drop Amber, how you can buy Amber with Arena Tickets and more.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
SIRCH269 on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
So, I just bought the recipe to Ninja Pigs. Very expensive recipe and I certainly understand that. It is a great spell and many people seem to like it. So after buying the spell I'm looking through the reagent list to start gathering items. No problem there, until Amber. I did a search on here to find out how to get it and it appears the only way is through the bazaar (which appears to be extremely rare) and gardening. I am not a gardener and really have no interest in it. So I am out of luck, correct? Doesn't seem right to me, but OK. I guess I just wasted 60,000 gold. Thanks Wizard101.
It's almost easier to farm here for the spell.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Koto

I farmed a bit with my Myth and did not get it but while questing there with my Ice got it, go figure. I am not sure since the Loremaster was introduced if drop rates where changed though. I am not a very dedicated farmer person I give up easy after a few tries. After a few tries I figure it's not really that important and move on. My Myth wore a hat that had Ninja Pig and I managed to get some treasure cards of it so it worked out ok for me till I equipped the WT crafted gear, it is a nice break from the 2 hit spells we get stuck with.

Farming for amber or even gardening for it can be a long process also. In months of gardening I have only gotten 2.

Gold is replaceable, I know I have wasted my fair share of it but have managed to recoup it in a fairly short time.

Mary

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
I found that the level 90 secret bosses in the first and last dungeons in Aquila had the best drop chance for amber for me. They also dropped turquoise and agave nectar for me quite frequently as well.
After farming for a decent amount of time for other items, i got over 22 turquoise, 11 agave nectar and 24 Amber!
I crafted Deer Knight for my death and I plan on crafting something else for my storm.

So it is possible, you just need to find the best way for you!

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
In the wyrd from the leprechaun crafter there- he has transmute amber which is very difficult but you can get some of the reagents for it (amber too) from the Pendragon in avalon.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
As was said above, farming the Gladiator is the easiest way to get Amber.
I got Deer Knight by gardening KPs for amber, and it took like 4 months of 64 KPs to get it. Much easier to farm for it.
pods

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
I found farming the secret boss in mount Olympus has dropped amber for me quite frequently. So far have farmed it 5 times and got 3 amber drops plus some turquoise and other stuff. Hope this helps!
Kymma Starflame - 89 storm
Saffron Wildspear - 31 life