Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Additional Game Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
After a release to the live game, there are often a few matters that need to be addressed. Below are some of the updates that will be addressed on November 21st during the 3am maintenance window.
  • The Spiral door is now marked on the Bastion Map
  • The Fairy Circle can once again be interacted with during the "Death of the Party" quest
  • The creatures in the Avalon Tower Prison have moved away from the doorway a little
  • Players can no longer pass through the shortcut in the Black Palace during the quest "Do I Look Fat in This?"
  • Poseidon and Zeus will now always appear when you duel Hades, as intended
  • Gold & Experience have been adjusted for the quest "You Shouldn't Have" in Khrysalis
  • Senator Nellek has graciously agreed to start talking to Wizards again at the end of the dual for the quest "Helping Claw" in Celestia
  • Nordilund has returned to to normal
  • Some creatures that were evading being clicked on in a duel, can once again be targeted by clicking on the creature, not just the nameplate
  • The Storm version of the King Artorious spell has had its blades corrected
  • The quest "Water Everywhere" now displays correctly in the Quest Journal, Quest Helper and Quest Finder
  • Players can no longer obtain a temporary dragonfly mount through button mashing and clear exploitation of a flaw in the Amber Estate. Getting something you shouldn’t is always an exploit. We will be fixing this loophole, and any ill-gotten gains will be removed from accounts soon.

And a few things we're still working on...

• Players may still experience an error message when trying to Stitch or Unstitch. This only occurs when you try to Stitch or Unstitch after switching to a different character on your account. We are working on this, but in the meantime, if you encounter this error, you may need to just restart Wizard101 and stitch your new outfit when you start the game back up again
  • Some of the new Classic tournaments are displaying as 1v1 instead of 3v3.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Feb 09, 2009
lately i have had trouble clicking on an opponent when a tall minion or the treant polymorph has been used. they block the hit, i have had to click on the nameplate. i don't know if that is the issue you describe above or not. also why are the pets not healing in the dungeon fights, i get on game and immediately go for a dungeon to farm. the pets do not heal until very late in the fight, if at all.
thank you, it is a wonderful game

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
Thank you for update notes miss Greyrose. I wonder if you could add to the list one more minor thing, such as: The Pyramid of Lost Horizon, Wizard Watchtower and Amber Estate are missing from castle names on customizible signs. Again thank You and KI staff for what are you doing to ensure safe and enjoyable time in The Spiral.

Sincerely,
Duncan StormThief

Duncan StormThief on Nov 21, 2013 wrote:
Thank you for update notes miss Greyrose. I wonder if you could add to the list one more minor thing, such as: The Pyramid of Lost Horizon, Wizard Watchtower and Amber Estate are missing from castle names on customizible signs. Again thank You and KI staff for what are you doing to ensure safe and enjoyable time in The Spiral.

Sincerely,
Duncan StormThief
I'll add these house names to customizeble signs with the next major update.

I have to add house names one update after the house because otherwise they would spoil the surprise.

Arthur

Survivor
Jun 14, 2013
May you please reply to me? Anyway, i got a new laptop thats a touchscreen windows 8, when i downloaded wizard101 my whole laptop crashed. So, what im asking you is to make something for windows 8 like you did for the mac. i know your busy and all that. Currently im playing on my brothers laptop, and its kinda unfair for him. So when you have time Team, please do that <3 thanks.

~Michelle

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I don't have a touchscreen but I do have windows 8 and I play both games. Perhaps there is another issue causing this?

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Michelle Red on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
May you please reply to me? Anyway, i got a new laptop thats a touchscreen windows 8, when i downloaded wizard101 my whole laptop crashed. So, what im asking you is to make something for windows 8 like you did for the mac. i know your busy and all that. Currently im playing on my brothers laptop, and its kinda unfair for him. So when you have time Team, please do that <3 thanks.

~Michelle
I have a Windows 8 Dell Laptop, it just sounds like something else happened. Check your video card as well and what type it is some requirements are different than others. I had this same issue but realized our video card was never turned on. If it isn't that then id check with your sibling to see if there are blocks or "something else" was on it.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
Michelle Red on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:

~Michelle
I also have windows 8 and I play both p101 and w101 perfectly. Try to do what KaneDeathBringer suggested. With new laptops comes new "Optimus" technology. What does this mean? It means that your laptop will using integrated graphic card to save power and thus prolong the duration of the battery. And then when you are using program that integrated card can't support, your other, more "powerful" graphic card (nVidia in my case) kicks in. This way you keep the best graphic performance and longer battery lifetime. I am not telling this is the same problem as yours, I am just sharing my experience, when I had similar problem, before I realized how to fix it. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Duncan StormThief