Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Need to Rant

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
Hi everybody,

Hello there, I would like to just rant about my current thoughts of the game. I don't want to sound aggressive, or mean but I sorda want to talk about some stuff.

I have been playing this game on and off since it came out. I have recently got back into it and have been sad to find out that it has been sadly consumed by lower level players with there parent's credit card. I used to play this game, my friends and I would get together and play late into the night having tons of fun questing, and having a generally good time. I Loved the fact that there was a game like this out there, it was f2p for a while, and it had that nostalgic feel. I used to stare in awe at the players that were high level, if they so much as had a sword I would gawk at the fact that they were so cool. Now I see a level 15 cocky kid who has a storm sword, and a pet that gives a level 68 spell. In the older days that feel was amazing and seeing someone who had was good astonished me. I now go in the commons and see someone with a golden ram pet, a tricked out sword, gear that looks aztecian and a mount that is 30 times the size of me. I look at they're drop down menu expecting to see a level 80 but than realize they are a level 18 who has barely started Kroktopia. I personally have lost interest (although I will still play because I love the game regardless). I am continuing the story, but have found that I no longer care about the story, and skip the dialogue and nostalgia I used to get. Now it may be personal but I want the old Wiz back where you, your friends, your friends little brothers and sisters, sometimes even a parent can just go quest and have a friendly experience. :)

Also on my mind I would like to talk about the lack of myth spells. I personally am a myth character and have found that I don't have lots of power by myself. I finished DS as a level 46, and of course had to use my friends for the last third of it. This may not be relevant but I have found that myth is lacking in attack in general. The point of Myth as I can take from it being the "conjuring" school is minions, but minions and that sorda thing stopped getting intricate, or useful after Kroktopia. I personally think Myth spells should get a little more intricate, or useful. I'm not asking for the power of storm, but to have a feel that is a little more helpful, I personally had a very hard time getting through DS using humongofrog and minotaur. I even helped a couple of my friends through Celestia and had a very hard time. I get I shouldn't get uptight about that considering I am a lower level but besides Orthorus I will have no real advantage in Celestia. Any comment or feedback would be great.

Sorry but I have these thoughts for a while, and needed to speak... Thanks

-Hunter
Hunter DragonForge 47

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
You speak well my friend. KI is a for profit business and as such they need to sell virtual goods. This unfortunately dilutes the game. I hear and understand your post. And I think back at the good ole days. All good things must come to an end.

Defender
May 13, 2009
I absolutely hate it that there are big mounts. It blocks your view badly. Especially the high flying hawk mount. Also, if there was a running shoes mount, I would buy it right away although I never have had crowns. It would look cool, and it wouldn't block other peoples views. Also, I agree that Wizard101 was better in the past because of many reasons not including game mechanics. The biggest problems nowadays are big mounts and the overpopulation of players in one area and begging. There should definately be a cap on each area instead of just by going by realm.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Kingsisle has sadly been driven away with money. As long as people will buy stuff, they make it. Which is sad. This game used to be friendly and fun, and now it it all about, "How much money can you spend on a game that will not have anything to do with you later in life?"

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I feel some mounts and other really cool items should be a bit more high priced. I mean seriously, it does kind of get annoying when EVERYONE has the same thing. I know what you mean.