Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you frequently play Shock-a-Lock?

Yes, I play it when I see the silver chests.
46% [69]
No, but I would if the game was different.
31% [47]
No, I'm focused on other things.
22% [33]

Feedback Friday 9-27-13

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
I just pass them by due to my lck of know how to even play the game. It is far to complicated for me personally and i do feel if there were more choices i would be more apt to play the silver chests. I would like to see a badge offered for this activity in the future

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
To those of you saying you aren't getting anything from the silver chests, don't go by whether it shows on you screen or not. Check your CHAT BOX. 99% of the time it doesn't show up on mine either but it will be in the chat box.

For those saying they run out of time, it takes practice and determination. I had trouble with that too when I first started playing them. Some of you may also need to update graphics drivers.

Now to the topic at hand.

Professor Falmea, from what I am seeing in the posts, many do play them or have but quit mainly because of the rewards. I have to agree with this but I do like to play them and see just how fast I can complete one.

In CL one of the main things was the Polymorphs which are no auction and no trade and take up too much space in our side boards.

From there it went to mostly common reagents with a TC now and then.

What I would like to suggest is upgrading those reagents to some of the most difficult to get such as Amber, Amber Dust, and a few others, then have the Potent Traps showing up in them in Azteca with better odds of getting them than constantly farming bosses that don't drop decent gear or much of anything of use.

I can guarantee you that if players have a better chance of getting those extremely difficult reagents from the silver chest, there will be a scramble of a multitude of players moving their mounts to their fastest non-stop speed to get those chests. I suspect that it will also re-populate the ghost worlds since some of the reagents would have to be world based such as the Potent Trap.

I suspect there are still players that have completed the game through Az, with the exception of the Crafting quest due to the difficulty in getting the much needed Potent Trap.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
Gabriel 1 savage p... on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
agreed. back in marleybone and such worlds the rewards were actually worth it, now i'm in Avalon and the wooden chest rewards are way better than the silver ones. just a waste of time.

Gabriel Ashcaller lvl 76 warlord
Agreed, wooden chest rewards are better than silver chest rewards. And really that game is a waste of time and is a little boring .

Robert Sun lvl 90
Ronan DragonHeart lvl 90
Malorn ShadowFlame lvl 90
Aaron TrollBlood lvl 69

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
Well I think I would play more often if you actually put better prizes into the chests or maybe have Gold Chests which is basically an upgraded version. They could have any rare reagent be dropped from them or any random rank 7+ Snack lol Just better rewards I say and I'll play every time I see one.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I just zoom past them they give nothing interesting so they aren't worth playing if there was a very low chance of a treasure chest pet or something then i would hunt them down.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2013
I just leave them. I'm not interested at all so I leave it for a player who may want it more than me.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Sometimes and sometimes.
I'd be more likely if they scaled the prizes to the difficulty. If I have to click allover for a right-hand vent, but get small rewards, I feel let down.
Or maybe scale the prizes to the inverse of time taken. Shorter time = rarer stuff, long as you can go = common stuff.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Silver chests are the best bargain since pet-a-palooza.

I've gotten on average 200 gold and at least one rank 5 or 6 reagent out of most of them. Scales, fish fin, sandstone, black pearl, golden pearl, diamonds, fossils, everything you can imagine that's not amber or turquoise.

The other thing that's important to remember about silver chest is they are the spiral's ONLY source of some of the harder-to find polymorphs.

The puzzle isn't that hard - just uncover all the tiles in a broad streak going from the start to the end wiring. If you still have gaps, start working your way back uncovering tiles north and south of the end and moving them into place.

I usually find I have at least 5-10 seconds of breathing room after finishing the puzzle to get up, get a sandwich, pour a cup of coffee, relax, or even catch up on my reading assignments.

Seriously, do them. Wherever you find them. Even if it's just a tc shark or ghoul those will sell for as much if not more than the gold you get from the chest.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
i think that if you changed it and made it at least three different games and made the chest more common then more wizards would play it
that's just my opinion

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
I used to, but I stopped during Celestia. By that point, the meager value of the prizes or a dozen gold coins wasn't worth interrupting my quest chain.

If there were different games, and in particular, a chance to win a 'decent' aka at-level-for-world prize, I'd play a lot more.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I played them a few times but never could figure them out so I just pass them by now.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
As others have said, the rewards seem rather low. I keep seeing the adage about time vs crowns, so why doesn't that apply to silver chests? When you stop to do a silver chest it takes a lot more time and you have a chance of failing, but the rewards are not noticeably better. I have tried finishing quickly and hitting spacebar and I've tried making the longest route possible, but neither approach seems to help with the rewards.
When I have a min, I will do the chest because I do like that game and challenge myself to make the longest route possible, but not for the rewards because the rewards are not worth it.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
I used to play them, back when my sorcerer was in Celestia, because I was short on gold and needed aether for a crafting quest. I don't any more, because my wizards are swimming in gold (have to look for ways to spend it) and I've gotten better at getting reagents from gardening, so it's not worth the trouble.

I would go back to playing them, even the same old game, if the rewards were worth it: specifically, if there were a reasonable (at least 1 in 10) chance of getting amber, turquoise, non-tradeable treasure cards like potent trap, and any other extremely rare reagents KI is planning for future crafting.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
More variety, I find silver chests boring, as the games is repetitive and doesn't change.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I think if you connect the terminals AND then draw doodles using spare tiles such as circles made of elbows, circles with zigzag wires on the middle segment of each side, smiley faces, a ring around the stop sign, etc. you should get a piece of turquoise in addition to any other prizes the silver chest contained.

Yes, I've been playing this way too long.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
I like playing shock-a-lock. I make a game out of that game. I usually put crooked then skinny then crooked pipes together and if I have time I make the route longer by putting twists and turns in it.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
I played until I won and realized the rewards were not very good (especially since when I first saw them I thought you won the stormzilla that hatched) if better rewards and more variety to the games then I'd stop all the time

Luke Skywalker level 39 ice

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
MadisonWinterHorn on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
I always play, but I have never won.
The way I do it, is first click out the path from start to end. Then just click on the on the unturned areas and click and replace the pipes so you can connect all the pipes in the pathway.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I'm ok with them, and usually collect unless I am in a rush. The gold isn't much for higher levels but the chance at a TC or reagent makes it worth doing.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
When these 'chests' came out, I thought it consisted of random and new awesome games.. sadly it just repeats one game that got really easy really fast. The prizes at my level aren't worth my time compared to battling. If they had rare pet drops or maybe even gear included in the prizes depending on the world it's in, that might make me want to play it more often.

Administrator
Thanks for your opinions, Wizards! We'll share these with the team, and consider this for an update in the future. A new Feedback Friday will be coming your way shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea