Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Multiple characters and friends

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
So, a few days ago I did a dungeon with someone who I then added to my friend list.
However, I got tired of playing that character and started a new one.
Now the issue I have is that I don't have that person in my new characters friend list so I don't know when he's online and neither did I find any option to send a message to him to let him know that I'm on a new character now.

As I'm still discovering the game's mechanisms, I would like to know whether there really is no way to contact my friend or see when he's online unless I'm on my old character, or whether I am just overseeing and option.

Should there be no way, I have the following suggestion:

- Implement a global friend list, which all characters of the same account have access to.
Then people could choose friends they already have and add them to the global list so no matter which character they are on, they can see when their friends are online.
This way they can stay in touch easier.

E.g.: I have 5 characters on my account and if I was to add someone to the global list, no matter if I'm on character X or Y I'd always have my friend in my list and vice versa.

In addition I'd also add the option to make groups in that list so if a friend has 3 different characters I can add them all to one group and name them so I don't mix up people who may have the same or similar names.

Thanks in advance.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Sanshiru on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
So, a few days ago I did a dungeon with someone who I then added to my friend list.
However, I got tired of playing that character and started a new one.
Now the issue I have is that I don't have that person in my new characters friend list so I don't know when he's online and neither did I find any option to send a message to him to let him know that I'm on a new character now.

As I'm still discovering the game's mechanisms, I would like to know whether there really is no way to contact my friend or see when he's online unless I'm on my old character, or whether I am just overseeing and option.

Should there be no way, I have the following suggestion:

- Implement a global friend list, which all characters of the same account have access to.
Then people could choose friends they already have and add them to the global list so no matter which character they are on, they can see when their friends are online.
This way they can stay in touch easier.

E.g.: I have 5 characters on my account and if I was to add someone to the global list, no matter if I'm on character X or Y I'd always have my friend in my list and vice versa.

In addition I'd also add the option to make groups in that list so if a friend has 3 different characters I can add them all to one group and name them so I don't mix up people who may have the same or similar names.

Thanks in advance.
Holy. We better triple the friends list cap. So if I want to add a wizard that I just did tartarus with, I would be adding 6 other wizards, again holy +6 friends when I was trying to +1 friend.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Wizgamer105 on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
Holy. We better triple the friends list cap. So if I want to add a wizard that I just did tartarus with, I would be adding 6 other wizards, again holy +6 friends when I was trying to +1 friend.
Not if it were to list them by account name and clicking their name would show you a list of their characters in a separate panel. I actually agree with the original poster, KI would need to play around with it to find a method that works for the game, but it would be very useful. Also, if they added something that showed when they had last been on it would make it easier to keep your list clean by removing those you hadn't seen(or been online) for awhile.