Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzling a LOT More?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
Hi,

I have been doing battles, but I have been fizzling a lot more than I have. It has nothing to do with my gear, because I have the Winterbane Gauntlet. Even my friend, who is a Level 90, has been fizzling a lot more than he should have been. I noted this change, and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced it?

Thanks,
Taylor Swift
Level 60

Squire
May 10, 2013
hollywintergirl on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

I have been doing battles, but I have been fizzling a lot more than I have. It has nothing to do with my gear, because I have the Winterbane Gauntlet. Even my friend, who is a Level 90, has been fizzling a lot more than he should have been. I noted this change, and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced it?

Thanks,
Taylor Swift
Level 60
Fizzling is random. KI is not going to increase your chances. Its simple, just buy accuracy gear!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2013
I know it's a little late to reply to this post, but it is a fact. Ice fizzles more than storm now. My Ice wizard was the first one I started and I liked and did well with him. Myth is my secondary school and they are about the same accuracy. When I first started, earlier this year they cast about the same, I was able to do the golem tower at level 6 with newbie drop/quest gear, it was tough, but I managed it. Since then I have noticed an amazing drop in accuracy with ice only. I loaded my deck with about equal parts of ice and myth and myth casts far more than ice, my main school! You get cycles of fizzles, I understand, but when it is constant there is something wrong. I thought it was just me at first, but my wife has noticed it too on her ice girl. I see it on the npcs as well, not that I mind taking less dmg from them of course, but something is very wrong. Now at 31 I am about to relegate him to gardener and pet trainer because he can't fight reliably enough with +5% accuracy to ice to cast as often as my storm wiz. Please do something about this, I like my ice wiz, but won't be continuing with him if this continues. My wife has similar thoughts for her ice girl if this continues. My necro has ice as secondary, but I may start him over or possibly switch to storm or fire since they cast better. Thank you for your time.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
RichardFrostgem on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
I know it's a little late to reply to this post, but it is a fact. Ice fizzles more than storm now. My Ice wizard was the first one I started and I liked and did well with him. Myth is my secondary school and they are about the same accuracy. When I first started, earlier this year they cast about the same, I was able to do the golem tower at level 6 with newbie drop/quest gear, it was tough, but I managed it. Since then I have noticed an amazing drop in accuracy with ice only. I loaded my deck with about equal parts of ice and myth and myth casts far more than ice, my main school! You get cycles of fizzles, I understand, but when it is constant there is something wrong. I thought it was just me at first, but my wife has noticed it too on her ice girl. I see it on the npcs as well, not that I mind taking less dmg from them of course, but something is very wrong. Now at 31 I am about to relegate him to gardener and pet trainer because he can't fight reliably enough with +5% accuracy to ice to cast as often as my storm wiz. Please do something about this, I like my ice wiz, but won't be continuing with him if this continues. My wife has similar thoughts for her ice girl if this continues. My necro has ice as secondary, but I may start him over or possibly switch to storm or fire since they cast better. Thank you for your time.
It's just a chance of probability. King-Isle does not do favorites when it comes to accuracy. Also that Ice fizzling more than Ice is a total overstatement.

Charles Nightsword, Level 37 See you in the Spiral! (or not)

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
I've noticed Ice fizzles a lot at around 60+ I think because the gear you get doesn't give accuracy? It's weird, my storm only fizzles about once a day and I play for about 4-7 hours with in total 92% accuracy. Try to get your gear with some accuracy until your around 92 accuracy or even more is great.

Angus Ghostriver 64

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
We'll I'm not sure if it's just ice I'm balance and I fizzle a lot more too it seems and I like to solo so sometimes I fizzle in live or die situations

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
I have been noticed that I've been fizzling a lot more lately also! I'm a level 90 storm wizard..

Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
I think this may just be chance. I haven't seen any difference in my fizzles since the time I started. And no, ice does not have a higher fizzle chance. It says it on the cards. (I suppose KI could be lying, but I don't think so.)

Melissa Hawkriver
Level 31

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Something changed in the last month and yes this increased fizzle rate is getting ridiculous now with the amount of times I now fizzle even with a 14% accuracy bonus.

My guess is this is a nerf they did were because they want people to increases their accuracy bonus with gear but it needs to be modified because it is way out of wack now.

Administrator
PresstoChango on Nov 12, 2013 wrote:
Something changed in the last month and yes this increased fizzle rate is getting ridiculous now with the amount of times I now fizzle even with a 14% accuracy bonus.

My guess is this is a nerf they did were because they want people to increases their accuracy bonus with gear but it needs to be modified because it is way out of wack now.
Please do not make assumptions or spread false rumors.
We did not change the fizzle calculations. Most people see a reduction in accuracy when they change out gear that does not have an accuracy boost.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Nov 12, 2013 wrote:
We did not change the fizzle calculations. Most people see a reduction in accuracy when they change out gear that does not have an accuracy boost.
While it may be assumption, it does appear to have happened. My level 90 Storm wizard with +24% accuracy regularly fizzles 2-3 times in a row during battles on lower worlds. Most notably the Loremaster. And no it is not because of her minion charms. It happens extremely often for long stretches of time. 70% + 24% should mean I fizzle only 6% of the time, and it's really a lot closer to 20-25% of the time. This is a relatively new experience for me, in the past 3 weeks or so is when I first noticed it happening on a daily basis.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2013
The fizzle has been the same I have been playing wizard101 for 1-2 years now. Not on this account, this account is only like a few months but my other account was 1-2 years. Fizzling has been the same. Its just when you go from good accuracy gear to like 5% less and it makes it different. It isn't the game's fault. Not saying that it is yours but if you want good accuracy a lot of pets have the ability to boost accuracy of their type as well as gear. You can also use star spells or treasure cards that will increase your accuracy.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Nov 12, 2013 wrote:
My gear has not changed, so if you didn't change it than you have some bug causing it because every single person I have talked to in the game stated they have noticed the same thing with fizzling lately and so have the people posting here.

Hopefully you can get someone to look into it to see what caused this change if it was not an intended one.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
PresstoChango on Nov 13, 2013 wrote:
My gear has not changed, so if you didn't change it than you have some bug causing it because every single person I have talked to in the game stated they have noticed the same thing with fizzling lately and so have the people posting here.

Hopefully you can get someone to look into it to see what caused this change if it was not an intended one.
Every single person is not having this issue.
I have two accounts with 6 wizards on each and have experienced nothing like this on any of them, including 2 storm wizards.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
hollywintergirl on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Taylor Swift
Level 60
You know, I have experienced this the whole time I've been on wizard101. I know storm class is the least bit prone to such because our accuracy is 70%. Isn't ice 80%?

Confused Fan. Victoria M.

P.S. What is your friend's class?

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Did you know the more desperate you are for a spell to work the less of a chance it could work? I learned that when I was dueling my friend Colin. I was going to cast a triton to finish him off but it fizzled! I was not a member or had any crowns to buy or become a better wizard. Actually, the more you play the more you know when it will fizzle for a couple of schools such as storm (not loud enough) or Ice (not loud enough) or death (doesn't look right).