Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zeus Dungeon is a JOKE

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
It's almost not worth leveling up another wizard.
Everyone that stands in front of a dungeon gets on and gets off.
They get on and get off.
They leave in the middle of a dungeon.
They get on and they get off.

For Mount Olympus, everyone wants to fight Gladiator
but nobody wants to run the whole dungeon.
I waited over an hour just to find a group to run the whole thing.

Giving access to to the dungeon just for Gladiator was the most
horrible mistake KingsIsle could have done for this dungeon.

Access to Gladiator should not be given until a full run has been completed each time.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Corathus on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
They get on and get off.

Access to Gladiator should not be given until a full run has been completed each time.
Your right .... But Kings Isle as to look for every one interest .... if they made it so that you have to complete the dungeon every time most people would get bored .... at least they made it so that you have to complete it ....

Thanks For Reading ....

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
They get on and get off.

I found the same thing with the first dungeon... I soloed it as I really didn't have much choice. It was not fun in any way. And I also agree that if you haven't done the dungeon you should not have access to the Gladiator

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
They get on and get off.

Yea same thing happened to me. I had to switch like 10 realms just to find two people. I wanted to do the Gladiator to but they didn't want to.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
So true. How come I come in with a full group, then after the first boss or when we first enter I end up with one person, or mostly myself .......??? But I don't think mount Olympus is a joke. Come on now, don't get too fussy. A least when those high leveled groups let you join, you get extremely good drops from gladiator (I got amber, braided vine, and vine +much more in one go!!!!!!!!! ) I mean you can just say "who's going to do mount Olympus fully and not leave?" Or if u have menu chat just say "can u help me please" or something like that anyway gladiator isn't easy y'know .

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
wow, maybe try a different realm? or post for a meetup to form a group? I have not had a problem finding players to run that. Just be sure to ask if they want to do the whole thing and if it is ok to join. If you jump on a sigil without asking it may not go the way you want it to. Good luck!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
They get on and get off.

It appears to me that this is true. I believe it is because of the 3 extra level 90 bosses put in this area this one cheats the least and you at least stand a chance against it. KI may change this like they did Mirror Lake when they find out it is excessively farmed.

This used to be a big thing at Waterworks too, some where only farming to get the first boss fight and would then just leave after it. A lot of pad hopping when the right person didn't join or it was a menu chat involved. It took a lot of time to actually get someone that would go the distance in there or if you came with others get them in there.

We have a person in our group who accidentally stepped into the boss area and got the quest to defeat it stuck in her book so we are one of the offenders here, we did return with her to help her defeat that boss only, one other person was there also that did want only that boss also though so we didn't impede anyone else s game play. Of course we are the sort that would of ran the entire thing over again if we did get you in there with us we aren't very good and step on step off due to handicaps. We also made it clear at the start that we were only doing that boss fight. To be fair the realm we were in was vacant also.

I have repeated this instance but not that boss several times helping others get though, it clearly is not a level 30 instance most at that level can not solo it. Our wizards are all past lvl 40 to do this instance.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
They get on and get off.

I agree with you on this in part. The Enchanted Armament pet has a cool Sharpened Blade that allows you to add 10 points to the blade you are casting.

As for the frustration of having people jump on and back off, it would be
funny if they ended up back at their home or dorm.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Those are indeed the negative aspects of having the optional boss in the level 30 dungeon, but one of the main positive points is that any any wizards 30+ can join in on the optional fight. Granted, not many will be looking for a group of level 40s to tackle this boss, but for the families or friends that are separated over many levels, this is one of the few places where they can work together and the level 90 wizard also gets a "work out" too.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Yea agreed! My lvl 30 life waited 1.5 HOURS for 1 person and we failed. People just get on then get off at the last second. Very frustrating. All my life wants is that big chunk of xp and the badg and possibly some stitching stuff. That xp is 8,000 for first run. No one can afford to miss that. That is a mini one zone wintertusk for lvl 30's and we can't do it because of trolls? Unbeieveable . I say make a dungeon runner gatherer for all realms (if on one realm still connects to all other realms and agreement must be signed for participation). Like this:
Options:
1. Gladiator
2. Whole dungeon
Now that would be great and make this for the most played dungeons (top 10 per world) and players would be VERY happy. And the dungeon already costs so much money that it needs to be worth it, agreed?
Critical

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Secret boss should have a separate entrance, I agree.

It takes a while to get a group all on the same page.

I'm flexible - if folks hop on and then once inside head straight for the pit, I'll go along.

As for Zeus, solo it.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Can you complete the game without doing Mount Olympus?I know you get some really cool stuff at the end but I can't find anyone willing to do it all over again.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
steptoe2013 on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
Can you complete the game without doing Mount Olympus?I know you get some really cool stuff at the end but I can't find anyone willing to do it all over again.
This zone is entirely optional, you can return when you are a higher level and complete it if you want or check on it now and then to see if there is help there. It doesn't effect progressing though the game.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
They get on and get off.

I agree, Gladiator should only be accessible upon completion of the dungeon.

I soloed Mt. Olympus and Gladiator (I'm level 90), but I won't attempt any long instances like this with a group unless they are reliable people I know outside of the game. Just like Waterworks, grouping up with random people is a huge risk that I'm not willing to take.

-von

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I agree this is a chronic problem and frustration. I too have experienced the exact same thing the original poster has experienced. There must be a better way to find fellow dungeon goers and secret boss teammates. Spending 30 minutes switching realms, having people jump on and off sigils, trying to funnel two different events into a single sigil, and in general just wasting your time not playing the game, is not something any of us enjoys.

I have addressed this problem in the past, and who knows if it's something KI considers worthy of fixing. But I agree that trying to do a dungeon or secret boss in Aquila is more frustration than action these days.

There simply must be a better way.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I just have my friends help... Besides, it's the same with most dungeons.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
Yeah I had. To switch to 15 realms
Well for level 90 I will tell you a hint about the secret boss
He/she is near the giant statues on the bottom of the stairs where you talk to the bird lady
He/she is hard well not for me because there were lvl 55-90 people who helped me

EricRoseFlamelvl35 magus sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 12, 2012
its true but its also not fair for high lvl who don't need to do the dungeon think about it doing one whole dungeon just to farm one boss i: I think they should of made the 3hidden bosses as individual bosses