Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Membership isn't activating

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
I recently purchased a one month membership, but when I log on to Wizard 101 it doesn't work. Like it won't give me access to my membership. What do I do?

Delaney Strongblade
Level 59

Explorer
Jun 16, 2013
delaney strongblad... on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
I recently purchased a one month membership, but when I log on to Wizard 101 it doesn't work. Like it won't give me access to my membership. What do I do?

Delaney Strongblade
Level 59
Well, evidently your membership is active, or else you would not be able to post on the Message Boards like you just did.

I'm not sure what you don't have access to in the game? If you are trying to go to different areas, like maybe Firecat Alley, even though you have a membership, you still must follow the storyline in the game, and eventually you will get access to the different areas. You don't just get automatic access because you have a membership.

If that doesn't answer your question, you might want to send an e-mail to support@wizard101.com and explain the problem to them. Be sure to give them your UserName in the game, and the name of at least one of your wizards, so they can help you faster. (NEVER give out your password.)

Hope this helped.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
delaney strongblad... on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:

Delaney Strongblade
Level 59
Check online in your account area and make sure you did not put the membership toward Pirates101. There seems to be a way where either or come up and this has been happening to some people.

Personally I did not like the idea of KI grouping the two automatically, I don't have any interest in Pirates101 and can see where this could be a problem. This includes me into a member base I don't even use.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
Thank you, I logged out and went back into my account the next day and it was working fine.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
i just purchased my 12 month member ship and i still can't go to the worlds that i have quests in, is there a activation time or something or will i recieve a mail to enter the code or what?

Administrator
meganfireeart338 on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
i just purchased my 12 month member ship and i still can't go to the worlds that i have quests in, is there a activation time or something or will i recieve a mail to enter the code or what?
Much like reading a chapter book, Wizard101 is sequential game play (before you move to level 2 you must complete level 1). Even if you have purchased a Membership you must first complete all of the quests in one world to be able to move on to the next. The same thing goes for Access to some of the streets or areas within a world.

For instance, when you've successfully completed the quests for Wizard City you will be given a quest to enter into the next world, Krokotopia. Once you have your own access there, as long as you have a Membership or have purchased the Premium area with Crowns, you will be able to enter that world freely.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 28, 2013
Oh yes that happened to me before. I used a pre-paid card and did the membership but I still had the Upgrade Now button and my membership perks didn't work. The solution is to give a little bit to load, it doesn't take that long I usually just log off then go back on in an hour and it is fine. If it still doesn't go through i'd email support and make sure my purchase went through or look for the purchase confirmation email.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
I have this problem as well, the "Upgrade Now" button is gone, Yet I cannot get to Grizzelheim. Being a level 73, i have access to GH, yet it says i must Pay-by-zone or upgrade if I attempt to go there.