Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideal Updates....

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Hello KingsIsle Community...

We've been patient with KingsIsle. And, with this patience we players hope for an epic world better then any by far. And, I as well as everyone hope that KingsIsle listens to our ideas and ideals And so, without further procrastination I'd like to share my thought and opinions and hopefully everyone that reads this too...

~Message Boards: KingsIsle, I hope you take part in this fresh, new column. And, I hope you listen to this statement as well...I'm asking that Crown Players get an additional bonus and are allowed to express themselves on the message boards. They pay money for crowns to advance in this game and with that they expierence many things and would probably be glad to share them....(I know I would once I lose my membership)...

~PvP: PvP has become a major interest towards KingsIsle and players. However, I feel that it's unfair. The way an oponent is found is unfair and many of these oponents spam spells or have rude language. Anyways, I'd hope to ask that you(KingsIsle) create a WinterTusk arena featuring a little bit of the different zones of WinterTusk.

~Wysteria and Housing: I was pondering...why not create Advanced School Housing? The houses could be much more wider and larger then our original houses. The Castles could also include and additional +50 items both in and out. Also, if you were to create this, inlude an additional housing elxir to the castle of the player's school... and in the Wysteria topic I'll expain where to find the houses...

And now for Wysteria, it was gorgeous. I spent my time exploring it and I noticed that it had the Housing Vendor Icon on the map but no vendor....so, I was thinking. Why not create a completely new houing vendor(new design) and he has crafting items for all ranks. New Wysteira plants, World tapestries(since the UK has their Wystiera Tapestry) And Marleybone, Zafaria, Aquilla and Wysteria Houing items(like in the furniture packs). Lastly, the location of the vendr could be in a tower on TangleWood way and is only available AFTER you complete Wysteria(thus providing players the ambition of completeing Wysteria).

~ I'll talk about Spell Ideals...Packs....Bundles...Expansions...etc....(once this is posted)

~Sincerly, Hunter the Verdant Emerald....

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Emerald9649 on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:

We've been patient with KingsIsle. And, with this patience we players hope for an epic world better then any by far. And, I as well as everyone hope that KingsIsle listens to our ideas and ideals And so, without further procrastination I'd like to share my thought and opinions and hopefully everyone that reads this too...

~Message Boards: KingsIsle, I hope you take part in this fresh, new column. And, I hope you listen to this statement as well...I'm asking that Crown Players get an additional bonus and are allowed to express themselves on the message boards. They pay money for crowns to advance in this game and with that they expierence many things and would probably be glad to share them....(I know I would once I lose my membership)...

~PvP: PvP has become a major interest towards KingsIsle and players. However, I feel that it's unfair. The way an oponent is found is unfair and many of these oponents spam spells or have rude language. Anyways, I'd hope to ask that you(KingsIsle) create a WinterTusk arena featuring a little bit of the different zones of WinterTusk.

~Wysteria and Housing: I was pondering...why not create Advanced School Housing? The houses could be much more wider and larger then our original houses. The Castles could also include and additional +50 items both in and out. Also, if you were to create this, inlude an additional housing elxir to the castle of the player's school... and in the Wysteria topic I'll expain where to find the houses...

And now for Wysteria, it was gorgeous. I spent my time exploring it and I noticed that it had the Housing Vendor Icon on the map but no vendor....so, I was thinking. Why not create a completely new houing vendor(new design) and he has crafting items for all ranks. New Wysteira plants, World tapestries(since the UK has their Wystiera Tapestry) And Marleybone, Zafaria, Aquilla and Wysteria Houing items(like in the furniture packs). Lastly, the location of the vendr could be in a tower on TangleWood way and is only available AFTER you complete Wysteria(thus providing players the ambition of completeing Wysteria).

~ I'll talk about Spell Ideals...Packs....Bundles...Expansions...etc....(once this is posted)

I like your ideas and about Player versus Player, I think it is unfair because of spectator mode because they can shout out tips and information like "That's a treasure card!" or "It's a cloaked (Name of card). But I think that they can't see cloaked cards (Can they?). And I think advanced housing should be lvl 25+ only because it's found in wisteria and that requires more work than level 15+ houses. I think these updates should happen.

Defender
Apr 22, 2012

So now you want KI to get rid of people's strategies. As much as I dislike spamming, it's a strategy and I would hate to see all the negative posts with it going away. But the matching system is another story...

Champion
Jun 30, 2009

Hunter,

I like your idea on the vendor in the housing option, sometime between June 2009 and 2013 (don't ask me when), I suggested that the Bazaar vendor be added into the larger castles in Wizard101, so that the wizard didn't have to run all around the Spiral to sell equipment and other stuff.

Now, if KI would create another version of the Bazaar vendor and the woman that refills potions for gold, and place them in our larger castles, much less a room that has the pet paviilion games we all play, that would so cool.

Course, most of these ideas are just wishful thinking.

Timothy Pearlflower., L90

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
I'm thankful that the community is taking part in the "column". And, as I promised I'll provide more ideal updates (bear with mwah)...

~Advanced Housing (improved): The Advanced Housing I was thinking would be for wizards in Avalon (considering it's the middle world). Also, it's the perfect timing to craft an Advanced House since we can get easy gold and enjoy the magical experience. Lastly, when I meant ADVANCED, I meant arenas, special effects, interactive items, etc. (Like Pirate101's Class Housing)
~Gauntlets: Recently I've noticed a column featuring Barkingham Palace and making it into a gauntlet. I'll agree with this. Personally, I think it would give us a different feel of Marleybone instead of rooftops all the time. Plus, if KingsIsle attempted this, they could at least expand it like Mount Olympus.

~Packs: My friend, Samuel Drake and I have been conjuring ideal packs. And so, we've created an ideal FOUR-person mount. It would be an old style-English carriage with two horses leading the carriage and with the ability to travel to any destined quest by itself or drivable by the owner. As well the pack could feature some famed villain and constable attire from Marleybone with new animated furniture and possible a new Marleybone spell featuring clocks....(Yes, the theme is Marleybone)

~Bundles: Since I don't have a lot of space left I will attempt to squeeze in two new bundle ideas and hopefully you'll contribute to more....
I was thinking a Krokotopian Pyramid Gauntlet with an open air pit fighting arena, etc and the goal is to uncover a lost tomb and stop the Immortal Set from reaching it before you.... The other is a Avalon Tower Gauntlet where you must complete knightly quests and slay dragons in order to save a fair princess or prince....

~That's all for now...
~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emerald...
~P.S. Next time I'll be sharing some new spell ideas and expansions...

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Hunter,

I like your ideas and/all, but many like me hardly step into the arena to practice, since it is possible our friends are moving into areas that are easier and less stressful without their aid.

Would you agree that having vendors such as the Bazaar and the potion ones would be ideal in a castle? I find it annoying when I have been battling constantly, and have marked a place in the Spiral, and then hope one of my friends are in the Bazaar. If not, I port to my chosen castle, wait and then port to the dorm room and then run over to Olde Town and sell everything Duke Morgan doesn't scarf down.

At times I don't mind the extra legwork, but with KI recently doing cosmetic work in W101, would it hurt to give gamers the option in the larger castles? Or at least a Bazaar button, next to the main button, home, mark and warp; so that it isn't too demanding at times?

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Dear Promethean X-Honors,

In regards to your question about the Bazaar and Potion kiosks. I would in my opinion deny both of those ideals due to the fact that we have Mini-Game Kiosks and the Bazaar Tapestry. However, since the HawkRider Bundle is/isn't going to be around. I would ask that KingsIsle creates a recipe in the ideal Wysteria Tower for Novice Crafters to craft the Bazaar Tapestry. Thou, I would perhaps like to see an additional "Mark" so that we have the option of going towards 2 destined location. And in response to your Potion ideal. I suggest that perhaps we get a vendor in each World near Eloise and Zeke. Perhaps an Alchemist(Celestian). Thus we have easy access instead of having to return to Wizard City each time.

Also, I'd like to include a small ideal for the Avalonian Tower Gauntlet. I was thinking, why not give it a different entrance. One that works like the PvP kiosks and can either team you with friends to enter it or random wizards of all levels so that we can expand our horizons and meet new wizards?

Lastly, I promised a few more ideal updates. However, since I want more responses to the previous ones I'll postpone it until a few more people discuss....

Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
Hello. I am Samuel Drake. My one thing I would really love is the 4 person mount carriage. I would price it at around 10,000 crowns and/or 500,000 gold. I think that its good to have mounts for gold as well cause then those who rarely get crowns can also participate in the fun. Thank you.

signed,
Samuel Drake

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Emerald9649 on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:

In regards to your question about the Bazaar and Potion kiosks. I would in my opinion deny both of those ideals due to the fact that we have Mini-Game Kiosks and the Bazaar Tapestry. However, since the HawkRider Bundle is/isn't going to be around. I would ask that KingsIsle creates a recipe in the ideal Wysteria Tower for Novice Crafters to craft the Bazaar Tapestry. Thou, I would perhaps like to see an additional "Mark" so that we have the option of going towards 2 destined location. And in response to your Potion ideal. I suggest that perhaps we get a vendor in each World near Eloise and Zeke. Perhaps an Alchemist(Celestian). Thus we have easy access instead of having to return to Wizard City each time.

Also, I'd like to include a small ideal for the Avalonian Tower Gauntlet. I was thinking, why not give it a different entrance. One that works like the PvP kiosks and can either team you with friends to enter it or random wizards of all levels so that we can expand our horizons and meet new wizards?

Lastly, I promised a few more ideal updates. However, since I want more responses to the previous ones I'll postpone it until a few more people discuss....

Hunter,

I never knew the Bazaar Tapestry existed, where do I find it and how does it work?

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
I agree with the 4-Passenger mount, its pretty creative, but it would be interesting to have a mount that's a car.. It would just be cool to try out..

-Madison Breeze-

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Promethean oxnhors... on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
Hunter,

I like your ideas and/all, but many like me hardly step into the arena to practice, since it is possible our friends are moving into areas that are easier and less stressful without their aid.

Would you agree that having vendors such as the Bazaar and the potion ones would be ideal in a castle? I find it annoying when I have been battling constantly, and have marked a place in the Spiral, and then hope one of my friends are in the Bazaar. If not, I port to my chosen castle, wait and then port to the dorm room and then run over to Olde Town and sell everything Duke Morgan doesn't scarf down.

At times I don't mind the extra legwork, but with KI recently doing cosmetic work in W101, would it hurt to give gamers the option in the larger castles? Or at least a Bazaar button, next to the main button, home, mark and warp; so that it isn't too demanding at times?

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
~P.S.(once more, sorry) But I realized you said teleport to your house then again to your dorm? Why not just unequip the house and then teleport? It's much faster...

Anyways, it would be nice for a Pet Pavilion tapestry....

(Sorry, this isn't my best post)

~Sincerly, Hunter BlueRider...

Defender
Sep 18, 2010

The Bazaar tapestry as far I am aware is only available through the HawkRider Bundle available online....and the Wysteria Tapestry is sold in an odd bundle at the UK.....

~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emerald.....

P.S. I will attempt to offer some more ideals tomorrow.....

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Emerald9649 on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
~P.S.(once more, sorry) But I realized you said teleport to your house then again to your dorm? Why not just unequip the house and then teleport? It's much faster...

Anyways, it would be nice for a Pet Pavilion tapestry....

(Sorry, this isn't my best post)

~Sincerly, Hunter BlueRider...
I did that about 2 years ago after amassing plenty of trophies for my Ice House, and the next time I selected it to port home, they had all disappeared as if I had never won them.

KI and Professor Greyrose were willing to help me regain them, but unfortunately I was unable to name all 150 or so items, and just revisited most of the places I thought I had won them at, but I eventually gave up trying, it was so devastating.

Anyway, I have the Wysteria Villa now, and had transferred the remaining items I had (and Duke Morgan had not scarfed down), and sold the Ice House in the Shopping District.

I just don't want to go through that problem again.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90 , paired with Duke Morgan (Epic) Woolly Mammoth

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
I apologize for procrastinating.....anyways, I'm going to continue.....

~Since KI made new Housing Packs and Tapestries..... I don't have to worry to much about that topic......

~I was thinking, since Aquilla and Crab Alley have been released as expansion.... why not Nodor and Yago to Collosus and FireCat Alley? They couldbothbe released at the same time having us travel between them to stop some type of Sky war......

I'm not sure what your ideals for new worlds are, etc..... (BUT PLEASE, nothing about Polaris and Empyrea.)

~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emerald....

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011

I love these ideas. Kingsisle should seriously do them.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
I'm back! Yes, after procrastinating for so long I've returned... and I'd like to share MORE suggestions...

~Spells: (now I know feuding begins with these topics, I lost a friend over this topic) SO please don't be so, "riled"...

: Calypso~1200-1750, to ONE enemy, and shifts all storm blades to caster.
: Kelvin~1000 ice damage to one enemy and 1500 moon damag to all enemies (over round), also casts a Sun Dispel on oponents(Storm, Life, Fire)

: Ancient Drake, 1500-1680 to one enemy and casts a wildfire

: Aphophis, transforms all enemies' positives into negatives and does 1100 overround in Elemental damage or Ma'at which transformers caster's negative into positive blades and does 1100 damage in Spirit.

: I forgot my Death ideal so someone can do the honors of conjuring one...

: Gryphon~Does 500 in storm damage to a sigle enemy and 1000 damage to all enemies and removes all blades and charms on a random enemy.

: Nature's Kin~Does either 750 healing to all enemies and a 1500 over round as well as removing all negative affects on a ranom ally, or does 1300 in Spirit and Elemental over rounds to all enemies.

I have ideal animations for some as well as possible upgraded names and affects but here's my rough design of the...

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Hello everyone, I just wanted to make a few adjustments towards the spells...and I wanted to remind you all that this is an OPEN COLUMN, therefore anyone can contribute...

~Calypso: 1500-1750, Storm damage to a single enemy and shifts all charms towards caster.

~Kelvin: 870 Ice damage to a single enemy, 980 Moon damage towards all enemies, and places an Astral dispel on all enemies.

~Torched Drake: 1300-1450 to a single enemy, casts a -50% weakness on target, and activates a Wildfire.

~(Balance can remain the same.)

~(I'm waiting for someone to conjure and ideal Death spell)

~Gryphon's Cry: 560 Storm damage to a single enemy, 540 Myth Damage to all enemies, and summons a Minion of Myth or removes all charms and wards on all enemies.

~Life's Burden: 1.) 1110 Universal Over Rounds to all enemies.
2.) Heals caster and the caster's team with 1000 hit points (and add 110 mana/converts all negative charms on a random ally into a single Heal Charm).

~And a small ideal, insead of absorbs on Rebirth, Guardian Spirit could take it's place. ;P Just teasing...

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
May I offer a few suggestions?

1. Sylvia's Wrath: 1500 AoE, 4 pip loss to all enemies, half life convert to caster/caster's team. I mention this because Cyrus was disturbed that Malistaire had done the damage to Sylvia in the Necropolis, and since she is now a mad wraith.....

2. Mortis' Decay: 1000 AoE, virulent plague -50. Make the spell similar to Bartleby for Life, but when he appears he does double damage to the enemy, and half to the remainder of enemies' team. Unless, a DoT spell does about 500 damage each of 3 turns like Fire Elf.

3. Dworgyn's Fury: Consumes all pips of the caster and beguiles the target for 3 rounds in assisting on fighting the enemy. When those 3 rounds are over, all damage against other targets is added up and dealt to the beguiled target, and the caster receives same amount in health as target disappears.

Talon, L50 , brother to Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
I like where you're going but I wouldn't exactly use Death labels....spruce it up a little more, make it exciting and unheard of....something that will makes others curious...the only reason I called the Ice Spell Kelvin was due to th fact that Kelvin is currently the coldest point known to man...

~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emeald...

P.S Check out the column bout "grand pips and mega pips", I've been watching it and it seems interesting...

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Emerald9649 on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
I like where you're going but I wouldn't exactly use Death labels....spruce it up a little more, make it exciting and unheard of....something that will makes others curious...the only reason I called the Ice Spell Kelvin was due to th fact that Kelvin is currently the coldest point known to man...

~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emeald...

P.S Check out the column bout "grand pips and mega pips", I've been watching it and it seems interesting...
The ones I mentioned where ideas for Death, that you asked for. And at the moment, Scarecrow and Avenging Fossil (not sure) are the only AoE spells I know of. Love them very much, just somewhat disappointed that there aren't more for Death (since it is all-consuming).

As for the pips column, I am not sure that it would float well with KI. Maybe down the road sometime, but the KI team seems to have its ideas as what really matters in the game.

Talon, L55 , youngest brother of Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
critical death on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
I like your ideas and about Player versus Player, I think it is unfair because of spectator mode because they can shout out tips and information like "That's a treasure card!" or "It's a cloaked (Name of card). But I think that they can't see cloaked cards (Can they?). And I think advanced housing should be lvl 25+ only because it's found in wisteria and that requires more work than level 15+ houses. I think these updates should happen.
They can't see cloaked spells, Kingsisle actually HAS a brain, and for the tc and enchanted card info, that's just the price to pay for the spectator mode.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Hello again KingsIsle community. I've decided to devote a topic to the coming of Khyrsalis and I'd love to hear all your opinions. I personally love the creative things so I'd appreciate it if you devoted some of your time.

And as to get back on the subject of this Column;

I know this has been probably said many times before but please, PLEASE make a weather system. I think Marleybone would look really pretty with snow and Yuletide décor hanging on the light posts and all around the city. As well as I'd love to see rain in a Storm House or Life House, etc. But for the Castles I'd create a box much like the Music Box that controls the weather. And you have to buy these globes which contain a certain weather pattern or they could be dropped.

And one other idea that would be cool. A French themed world, not the one like Polaris. A more modern world that has the Eiffel Tower or at least a house with the Eiffel Tower. And perhaps a Party House with Art Museum, Music Stage, Cooking area, etc. The outside would be somewhat similar to the Villa except it would be night time and along the straight path boarded with a bannister. There would be glowing wisps that dance from one side to the other along the banister and there would be confetti cannons that shoot confetti as you walk by. Lastly, I'd like to see anther world like Mooshu but maybe more into the future then our current one.

~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emerald.

P.S if you want a clearer version on my Party House description (since I really like the ideal) just ask me... (I kind of through the one above together quickly from previous thoughts and ideals).

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
Dear Kingsisle,
I was thinking it would be interesting if there was tournaments that you couldn't use treasure cards in the tournament. A lot of people complain that wizards use treasure cards and it would be nice to see if people had to use only the spells they have learned.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Hello Friends, recently I began a topic focusing on Spells and Magic if you'd like to check it out...just click on my Username: "Emerald9649" and look for the topic "...Lets Talk Magic... to view it, apart from that I wanted to know how you were all doing and what were your opinions on Khrysalis, I'd also like to know (preferable in my new topic) what's your ideals on some of Khrysalis Magic and weather or not we'll get Class Spells. And if we do get Class Spells what do you think they'll be?