Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

-100% max mana?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 22, 2012
Hey,
Today I was browsing in the arena ticket vendor's gear shop, and I noticed on a few items there was a stat that said -100% max mana. What does this mean?
Sierra Ashblood, Transcendent

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
sierraisonfire on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
Hey,
Today I was browsing in the arena ticket vendor's gear shop, and I noticed on a few items there was a stat that said -100% max mana. What does this mean?
I believe this is there so that you cannot use the gear outside of pvp, mana is not used in pvp, you can start a match with 0 mana and cast any spell you like (pips counted xD). This gear takes away ALL of your mana, you cannot use it in game. I THINK that's what it means

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
ok i know this is a late post.. but if i had to guess it would mean that you pretty much lose all your mana while that's equipped. given that it's possible that the item was meant solely for pvp, that would keep it so that you could only use it in pvp.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
Those are pvp only gear. It takes away all your mana, cause you don't use it in pvp. If they let wizards use that gear anywhere, it would be sooooooo gg

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
This means that you have 0 mana when you wear this gear. It is like this because in PvP, you don't use mana to cast spells. This pretty much means if the gear says -100% Max Mana, it's "PvP Only."

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
Right! That makes so much more sense now! Thanks, guys!
And I didn't actually know about the whole no mana in PVP thing. I guess I should probably do more of it.

Sierra

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
It means it takes away all of your mana. You will have to get gear that gives you more mana so you can still have some

Historian
May 06, 2009
I'm not sure that it takes away all your many only 100 points of Mana. One time I remember seeing a guy who wore a PvP gear that took away only 100 points. He had like, for example, 235 Max Mana points. With the gear, it dropped to 135 (or something in that scenario). So he still had mana, but as long as he'd wear that he couldn't optain max mana. If you wear enough PvP gear, you can end up with no mana at all which isn't great in PvE. Though that was a long time ago, back in 1st Age PvP. It could have changed to take away all your max mana points with just one piece of gear.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
sierraisonfire on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
Hey,
This is used for PvP, since you don't use out mana in PvP, they just cancel it out for better accuracy/Damage/Resist.

Hope this helped!

Level 90 ChrisIceBreeze