Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

trait removal potion crownshop

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
please add a trait removal potion in the crown shop or a potion of pet level increase above mega

i have been on a quest for a designer pet and i have hatched so many pets i cant even remember how many i have done. Months of farming coin for hatching and doing pet games till i want to throw up is getting old.

i have filled houses with failed pets and have shifted failed pets to alts i have so many failed pets.
please please throw us a bone and add either a potion of pet trait removal or a potion of pet level increase above mega.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
I agree with you, I have trained more than a couple of pets to mega only to get "cheeky" at that far up the ladder It is very frustrating, I'm not stating that K.I. should only add traits like spell proof or pain giver at mega, but maybe give us the opportunity to delete a trait to get a new one.

I totally support your cause

Best regards

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
i completely agree with you. I just hit my 10th epic failure in the game. I took my very near perfect pet hatched it with a polar bear that had all the talents i wanted ,i was only missing one, and i got the adorable polar bear cub. I trained it too teen using the very last of my snacks since i was low anyway. Then i got the one ability that i didn't want! I was looking for a polar bear just like the one i encountered and now i'll never find it again! Some people may not think the ability i got was useless but i personally hate it, i hate guardian wall. I had an ice mastery amulet waiting so i could use the wolly mammoths it gave. I had the exact amount of snacks needed to train to teen in for games so i could get a good start. Now i bought my ice mastery for nothing, wasted what little gold i had and now i have the spiral's cutest pet just sitting there at my red barn farm. I don't care how much it would cost i would buy this potion.

A very ticked off Scarlet Dragonpetal

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Hmmmmmmm.... this idea could be interesting. The potion should only be used only once per pet. I can't see KI allowing us to remove 3 or 4 "fails" on a single pet trying to get a totally different set of traits. I would like to see it used on MEGA pets only. The worst fail in pet training is when you have spent all that time and all those snacks only to become a "fail" at mega. Call it "Second Chance". Using at mega would be beneficial to KI for we would have to train another 2000 pet exp points to gain another chance at a better trait. Again reinforcing, should only be able to use it once per pet. The pet stats would need to show a marker that "Second Chance" was used to let others know an undesirable trait had manifested in the first place and the stat showing was a replacement. I myself would take quite a few pets back to training if this were the case.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
zachairy3 on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
please add a trait removal potion in the crown shop or a potion of pet level increase above mega

i have been on a quest for a designer pet and i have hatched so many pets i cant even remember how many i have done. Months of farming coin for hatching and doing pet games till i want to throw up is getting old.

i have filled houses with failed pets and have shifted failed pets to alts i have so many failed pets.
please please throw us a bone and add either a potion of pet trait removal or a potion of pet level increase above mega.
I wonder if KI is looking at this and going like " o________________________o ".......

I Totally agree with you, and i think that KI "Maybe" should add that. i mean i know KI wants this game to not be "Too" easy, so they put up challenges for wizards. its mostly like game candy, making you play more just to get that one pet. I Doubt That KI is like that, and i just think it's really bad luck, i mean....REALLY bad luck that you didn't get that one pet you wanted :( and i am sorry for that, but it's one of the challenges that make this game so much more interesting, and more difficult. Really, i do indeed feel your pain, and it's not like everyone else is getting one everyday. probably just 1 person get's that kind of "one good perfect pet"
Otherwise, i totally agree with you! *On it!*

~Nora Night Master Thaumaturge

Survivor
Oct 28, 2010
I worked very hard to get my pet to perfect mega.... why should you people get it any easier than I had to work

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Big Tay on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
I worked very hard to get my pet to perfect mega.... why should you people get it any easier than I had to work
Dude, I have 10 pets at mega, from which only 2 didn't get a talent like cheeky or something like that that's for the pets benefit only, it's not even an up percentage at accuracy (which personally I think it's not a trait I need on my pets). So trust me, I have worked as hard as you, I have had to hatch numerous times just to get the pet I want, and then multiply that times 10 to get the talents I want on the pets, one of them actually has spell proof, spell defy, pain giver, spritely and unicorn and the other one has "may cast dragon blade" instead of pain giver, but gives out a dragon blade card too and those stack up, the first one has the Krampus spell card as a pet card, so trust me, it has been hard to get those pets, but I'm totally in favor of this, since I want to spend more time questing instead of training pets just to have a mega fail at the end.

Don't be greedy, that doesn't take you anywhere

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Big Tay on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
Other people like me are having trouble with getting to mega and are getting tired after countless mega snacks wasted and countless failures. So they wish to help make it easier with this potion. Do not be selfish.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Heh, with our luck, the trait removal potion would remove a trait at RANDOM. Bye-bye spritely that we worked like slaves to get.

I'm in the same boat. I have been keeping a pedigree ledger in Excel showing that of 155 hatches, I've gotten utter trash in all but 9 pets, 7 of which are sea dragons. I have had a lineage of sea dragons that started out with proof, gained proof+defy, then lost the proof (and I'm currently frantically back-hatching with anyone's double-resist pet to reacquire it). In all the fail dragons, the deal breaker was an Epic card giving ability that replaced either proof or pain.

I would love to remove the card ability and have the next trainable talent come from among the remaining abilities.