Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Choosing (2) Final

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
I finally got everything worked out for the most part. The official order has been made now: Fire, Death, Balance, and the forth school has remained unanswered until hopefully now. Storm has been chosen to aid it in combat with damage for its a choice between the 2 lowest damage schools. So, Ice or Life? To me this is by far a hard decision because they are both great. List your opinions on why I should choose one of these schools.

Devin Starcaster Lv 86
Angel Shadowwhisper Lv 52
Blaze Titanweilder Lv 90

Survivor
May 21, 2012
Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
Ice. Ice's attacks are little weak, but not that weak. And their health is high, which is important in many ways. They have tower shield, which helps them a lot in battles. Finally, Ice is very good at pvp, if your looking for a school like that.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Darkness Guardian on May 27, 2013 wrote:
I finally got everything worked out for the most part. The official order has been made now: Fire, Death, Balance, and the forth school has remained unanswered until hopefully now. Storm has been chosen to aid it in combat with damage for its a choice between the 2 lowest damage schools. So, Ice or Life? To me this is by far a hard decision because they are both great. List your opinions on why I should choose one of these schools.

Devin Starcaster Lv 86
Angel Shadowwhisper Lv 52
Blaze Titanweilder Lv 90
I prefer Ice over Life (but do recommend Life as a secondary school to Ice...it makes you virtually unstoppable). Ice takes a bit more patience but played right, you can be very powerful and with Ice's high health, can last in any duel a long time.

Explorer
Feb 29, 2012
so is the best tank in the game with high resist and health at low lvl's and doesn't really get going with spells that do damage for a long time so I would go with

- because you can heal yourself and others with unicorn at lvl 5

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
I'm going to have to say because my friend is ice and he has 5,000 health at level 70. Plus he has really good attacks, he just needs a couple boosts and some friend to help him start. (Patrick, if you're reading this, or if you ever, this is Joshua Shadowblade talking.)

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
Time Warped on May 27, 2013 wrote:
What's the point in this topic????
Tell me which school you think I should do and list reasons on why I should do this certain school. I don't usually do this but seriously it's between Ice and Life.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Darkness Guardian on May 28, 2013 wrote:
Tell me which school you think I should do and list reasons on why I should do this certain school. I don't usually do this but seriously it's between Ice and Life.
Your damage school should be your primary school. Secondary training should be chosen based on how well a school or spell complements the strengths and weaknesses of your primary school.

A lot of life wizards go myth or balance secondary, because it gives them a much-needed way to clear away shields, an early, cheap area-of-effect spell, and a way to get extra blades or use already-trained Spirit blades more effectively.

If you are tempted to go storm secondary, most of the useful utility spells in storm are off limits to training points: enfeeble, cleanse charm, disarm, tempest. The deciding factor is if your primary school's 3 pip spell can't beat a plain, unadorned shark, AND you don't think you could benefit from training vampire instead.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Ice hands down. It may be pretty awful at first but at higher levels it is a blessing. When a school can have 5k health OP resist and still manage to hit high with a little boost, then you know its beast. My perspective might not be the most accurate though, since I don't actually have an ice imo.
Level 90