Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Katzensteins lab chimney glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
Hello there, so here is my problem, I am currently doing the katzenstein dungeo and i can not shut down the last chimney! it is very infuriating, i can't get it done, and i do not want to start it all over again.~JosephTail~

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
You may have a poor connection. I've had this happen where I can't interact with an npc or pick up a reagent, and the problem is usually that my connection to the server is lagging or I've timed out.

Try switching realms. If it doesn't allow you, try leaving the immediate area for a minute or so, then come back and try turning off the chimney again.

The only other solution, the one that usually works for me in the other cases, is to log out completely and restart w101.

If you do that, you'll lose your dungeon progress, but it wouldn't have let you finish anyway if you can't turn off all the smokestacks.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I always wondered... isn't closing the smoke stacks a serious health and safety issue?? Are a bunch of marleybonians gonna get sick or killed from backed-up fumes? If the chimneys were emmiting bad stuff shouldn't we notify the authorities and get the various operations upgraded or shut down?

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Oh this happened to my first wizard when she did that dungeon. It was really annoying. I had to restart the dungeon after logging off and shutting down my computer.