Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Technical question on where the game is on my

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 19, 2009
I had a new pc and down loaded both w101 and p101 to my new pc. I have high level wiz and pir on both games and it took forever for the data to catch up in the game. I do not notice that I have 2 drive about 88gb each. The c drive is getting full. Can I move the two games to the empty d drive? DO I have ot moive every file that is under KI to the same drive? Somethings are in programs and some in program data. Any advice on this would be very helpful. Thanks.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Scarlet Sharp on May 5, 2013 wrote:
I had a new pc and down loaded both w101 and p101 to my new pc. I have high level wiz and pir on both games and it took forever for the data to catch up in the game. I do not notice that I have 2 drive about 88gb each. The c drive is getting full. Can I move the two games to the empty d drive? DO I have ot moive every file that is under KI to the same drive? Somethings are in programs and some in program data. Any advice on this would be very helpful. Thanks.
It is not possible to move the game between hard drives, as you say bits will be in other places that make it run at it's current spot - it maybe possible during install to pick where the installation goes so that it could reside on the second drive and be driven by the information on the main drive.

You could uninstall the current one and then during reinstall pick the second drive for it to install on. The only other option would be to move non program data to the second drive to free up more space such as pictures, video or music that don't have roots in the file system to use them.