Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

winter tusk is very hard

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 06, 2012
wintertusk is very hard!!! im now in verstilund.im a level 50(dont know if i should be here yet)i called a level88 death school friend..i still hardly won

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
nateironhammer on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
wintertusk is very hard!!! im now in verstilund.im a level 50(dont know if i should be here yet)i called a level88 death school friend..i still hardly won
Yes it's hard. No,. you don't have to run and do it at level 50. Go do some main story line quests, level up and come back closer to level 58 when you'll need to go there for your pet.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
RavenLady777 on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
Yes it's hard. No,. you don't have to run and do it at level 50. Go do some main story line quests, level up and come back closer to level 58 when you'll need to go there for your pet.
You get Wintertusk when you finish Grizzlehiem, right?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Angela Gem on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
You must have completed Grizzleheim and be level 50 or above to move on to Wintertusk. :)

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
RavenLady777 on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
You must have completed Grizzleheim and be level 50 or above to move on to Wintertusk. :)
No you don't have to be lvl 50! I got there at lvl 43 I think and man when I hit the third area, Vestrilund, I was lvl 47! I did some quests and sides because they give good xp and now I lvl 49 and doing it. When I finish Wintertusk, most likely at lvl 55 to lvl 60, man oh man, Mooshu will be easy! Yes, I'm still in Mooshu. I did Ravenscar and hopped over to Wintertusk and when I did that, I was lvl 41 so Ravenscar only lvl me 2 lvls. Sorry if I going off topic. You don't have to read this if you don't want to. Well I gonna do my Gobbler strategy so I can get 1st Age Warlord at the last second! I wanna be one to and I saving my arena tickets for the epic gear that is well, in my opinion is better than lvl 60 gear and the best part any lvl can get the wand and athame! Now here is a short from Kevin the Noob! Give it up Kevin!
Kevin: Moose, we're back at the arena. I heard 1st age is over whatever that is.
Goes to arena.
Diego Santiago: We got some new items from the spiral Kevin. They give critical and block and are better than WATERWORKS GEAR because first age is over! Best part is that they're for any lvl for the armor and the wand. Everything else provides you to be lvl 90.
Kevin: That is great! Now I'm determined to get to Warlord!
Match one ends with Frost Giant and the other matches do to.
Diego Santiago: How did it go Kevin?
Kevin: Not that great. Why are FROST GIANTS attracted to me!
Diego: Because you're a noob. Now do something to lvl yourself up. I sense those Lost Souls want you. Now go get them!
Fin
Hope you like this short Kevin!

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
I think that it's hard, too, because it jumps from rank 6 to rank 9 right away. And the quests just from giving about 400 xp to giving 4000 xp, which is good, though.

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
Angela Gem on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
Of course you do. It doesn't follow the exact main storyline, but it gives lots of xp when you get to Wintertusk.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
I thought it was really hard. It took me forever to get through. I still haven't fully finished it. I still have Nastrond to do. I can't get through the first thing alone. I have a lot of trouble because I am a ice wizard and everything in that place is ice so I need help. I try doing it but never have the time or i never have friends to help. So can someone help me with Nastrond

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
My sister (Life), and me (Myth) have recently finished Wintertusk; we started it around level 50, then finished near 58, it was not as hard as I thought it would be, we made along pretty nicely, we only had to ask for help 4 times, 2 times being consecutive.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
Dude, I became level 51 just after getting into Austrilund! (I'm now level 55) So yeah, yer good. You are pretty advanced though.

I do agree with you- WT is very hard. Me and my friend have been playing for about a month. I'm just beginning Austrilund, while he's ending Vestrilund. I guess we all go at different paces.

Bailey Skullvault Grandmaster of

Explorer
May 06, 2012
nateironhammer on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
i beat this area a while ago now. i thank my strong friends for the help.i am now a level 62

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Compared to dragonspyre it is easy.
Emma Emaraldsword lvl 47 conjurer.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Do Dragonspyre before doing Wintertusk. I tried to do Wintertusk before Dragonspyre, but I quickly realized I couldn't defeat anything. So I finished Dragonspyre and leveled up and then I went back to Wintertusk and did it easily

Angela Dragonstone level 84

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I find Wintertusk a nice diversion from Celestia. When I leave DS/GH I try to get at least the Grotto area completed. If I can at all mange it I would rather quest there first and then go to Celestia at a higher level so it does not take as long to complete.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Would take wintertusk over Azteca any day. However, I do think it is challenging if you try to solo it before legendary. Its best to do it at level 58. My suggestion is get a friend or really good gear. I don't know what to tell you mate. Just know what you are doing and play your cards right.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
wintertusk is awesome! I love it. its really hard, but I had fun and loved it when I earned 8000 xp per quest. but I started wintertusk at about level 40 something and I was already far behind so I didn't end up being aloud into mooshu until I was level 52. that made everything really easy though

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
Finally someone agrees!... Grizzleheim itself is too hard. I'm a 35 Wizard and i still die in Grizzleheim.