Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

True Friend Text Chat not working.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
If you don't have a True Friend (you know, when you trade codes with a player that you know outside the game) then you probably won't know what I'm talking about. I don't have access to Text Chat so I just use Menu Chat most of the time, but when you have a True Friend you can Text Chat them regardless of your age. So, my friend and I will be doing quests together, in the middle of a battle, or just be at each other's houses and all of a sudden the Text chat text box disappears. It normally happens when I backspace but sometimes it disappears for no reason. The only way for me to get acces to Text Chat again is to completely log out of the game and log in again; also my computer is REALLY slow so it takes about ten minutes for this whole process. I know this is a small issue but I was just wondering if this happens to anyone else and if so is there some way to fix it?

Deirdre SilverBlood
lvl. 28 Necromancer

Administrator
This is working as intended.

Menu Chat players do not have access to the text entry area of the Chat box to make sure that players aren't confused when they type and their chat does not appear.

You must use the Friends Panel only to open up the True Friend Code chat box.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
Thanks Professor Greyrose but that's not exactly my problem. I do use the Friends Panel to open up the True Friend Code chat box and it works fine, but sometimes it will just disappear. I will go back to the Friends Panel to try to open the chat box again and it won't open unless (like I said earlier) I completely log out of the game and log back in.

Administrator
Sounds like we need more information from you in order to replicate what you are experiencing.

The next time this happens to you, after you log of but before you log back on, please follow these instructions to get us the WizardClient.log file that will help us assess what is happening.

Start a new email message using your regular email program or website.
In the To field type: community@kingsisle.com
In the Subject field, type "True Friend Text Chat not working" (which helps us relate it back to this post)
Attach the WizardClient.log file

It's quite easy to send a WizardClient.log file.

Navigate to your Wizard101 Folder (usually Program Files/KingsIsle Entertainment/Wizard101) then go to the Bin Folder then select "WizardClient.Log". Then just drag the file into the body of an email.
We'll get this figured out!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
Thanks for taking time to respond to my posts, but I think I've figured out what was happening. See, I would open the True Friend Text Chat box correctly but if you click on the box where you type (without typing in any letter or spaces first) and then press the backspace or delete key, the box will disappear. Like I said before, I would go back and try to use the True Friend chat again but it would not work until I logged out and logged back in again. I don't know if what I said made any since but I hope you guys at KI understand.

Thanks again for trying to help.

Deirdre Silverblood
Magus Necromancer