Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown Shop Pack Peek Function

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 03, 2013
I would like to see a function for 50 crowns or 2000 gold (to be fair) to where you can see one item you would get in the pack before buying it. I had normally tended to never get the item i wanted and had to buy ten or more of the same pack until i received it. It really makes me mad when i spend 25 dollars on crowns and not get the right item.
Id say the function can be used up to a 3 peek max
Non refundable to be fair. (If you dont buy, then why look?)
The function is randomized so it can be anything in that pack and will be 100% correct
Free to all players to get the function.

I would really like to see it. Thanks Kane Deathbringer, Level 65 Death

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I personally do not like this idea. One of the reasons I like the booster packs is because they have the same kind of feel as when you go to the store and buy a card pack for one of the card games that you play. Part of the appeal to this is the hunt for getting that item you want and the surprise of what all is included in the pack. You can't go to a store and ask them to peek into a pack to see what is in it before you buy it. Yes there are shops where you can buy cards individually and sometimes for a higher cost due to their rarity, but this is not how Wizard 101 designed the game. Yes I do understand your frustration on having to pay more to get the item you want. You need to decide if the item you want is worth continuing to buy booster packs or set a limit on what you will spend on the booster packs.

This is my own personal opinion and I know there are others that will not agree with me and that is okay. That is why Baskin-Robbins has 31 different flavors of ice cream. I am curious to see other feedback on this. :)

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
KaneDeathBringer23... on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
I would like to see a function for 50 crowns or 2000 gold (to be fair) to where you can see one item you would get in the pack before buying it. I had normally tended to never get the item i wanted and had to buy ten or more of the same pack until i received it. It really makes me mad when i spend 25 dollars on crowns and not get the right item.
Id say the function can be used up to a 3 peek max
Non refundable to be fair. (If you dont buy, then why look?)
The function is randomized so it can be anything in that pack and will be 100% correct
Free to all players to get the function.

I would really like to see it. Thanks Kane Deathbringer, Level 65 Death
It would be nice if they would just show the type of gear in the packs. But this is how they make their money, Its a game of chance .

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
How about the option to see what 7 items you get costs 399 crowns?

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
You do bring up a good point, I wasn't trying to phrase it like I wanted to know. It would be kinda like a fun way to tell someone, "My pack will give me a Smith pet if I can get it." I'd say it brings more conversation and intrigue into the game. I do see your point though bout it being a chance. Life doesn't give you everything. I'd leave it to Kingsisle, see what they say. :)

Survivor
Jan 13, 2013
With this we will get the most of our money