Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp not for fun anymore?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 03, 2013
I am a level 65 Death character named Kane Deathbringer. Ever since i have became a member to the game, i wanted to try new things so i dont have to pay by crown very often. The rank pvp section was one of those things. First couple times i did ok, but now when ever i try and do pvp anymore people tell me i need this or i need that.
The reason I pvp in rank is because of the free tickets you get. I dont care for the better equipment they provide or if i win the match but in the long run they add up.
I am wondering if anyone else feels this way. Rank to me doesnt matter it is about trying your hardest.

Sincerely, Kane

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Most people will do anything they can in order to get some extra goodies that you can only get from PvP. And that is the famous Commander Gear that most people are crazy about. They will do anything they can to have it, they will even try to Puppet.

I used to do high level PvP, but the more and more updates they make to the game, the more and more PvP is getting unfair. And that is why I stopped, because of the Cirticals, overpowered gear and spells, and school favoritism.

So this is why I created a new wizard. I decided to try and experiment a new school. (In this case Ice) I levelled him up to 28, because I think that the minion you receive plays a kee-part in Mid-level 1v1 PvP.

He is now at the badge of Captain, and trust me - this is not a fake Rank.

I do rank PvP for the purpose of showing off my progress to my friend Tasha Windcloud, a beast in PvP.

Wth the tickets, I buy some Trophies for my housing and Pet Snacks, and I am also saving them up for a Fire Colossus Pet.

Yes, I do use some Treasure Cards, but I dont ABUSE from them. I buy some Monstrous TC at the Bazaar and enchant them with Blizzard, which I then put in my Side Deck, as they are perfect to kill minions and deal some Pain to the Wizard.

Thanks for Reading my loooooooong post; I tried to make it the shortest possible.

#popcicool7777777

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
I agree with the weapons becoming a tougher issue, I just wonder how that helps people who dant have membership face these people... It doesn't. The TC is actually good to use cause seriously you can buy them again or make them by crafting. I like Ice, Death, Life, and balance for pvp.

The only thing I disagree with is the fact it shows your strong by having captain warlord etc. it is only a tag and a game, I don't care on level or rank. I am there just for free tickets over time for massive spending on snacks.

But I agree some of it is ridiculous.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i did the same as popcicool.

with high-level pvp being as unbalanced as it is, i made a new wizard: angela nightflame is a level 22 pyromancer, and a pvp sergeant. but, as she rose through the ranks, i discovered just how much more unbalanced low/mid-level pvp is, because of things like overpowered crowns gear and mastery amulets.

i've also noticed that most of the wizards angela faces in battle are at least 5 levels higher... and those who aren't are already in full pvp gear, which gives a huge advantage.

pvp should be less unbalanced, and more about hard work than money power.

off my soapbox,
-von

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Dr Von on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
i did the same as popcicool.

with high-level pvp being as unbalanced as it is, i made a new wizard: angela nightflame is a level 22 pyromancer, and a pvp sergeant. but, as she rose through the ranks, i discovered just how much more unbalanced low/mid-level pvp is, because of things like overpowered crowns gear and mastery amulets.

i've also noticed that most of the wizards angela faces in battle are at least 5 levels higher... and those who aren't are already in full pvp gear, which gives a huge advantage.

pvp should be less unbalanced, and more about hard work than money power.

off my soapbox,
-von
I like how you classified PvP as "money-power," because its true.

The lower level gear for gold is awful. You will not get Universal Resist, or anything similar. Only resistance to your school.

However, the crowns gear for packs, and/or directly from the crowns shop makes a total difference.

Yes, my ice IS actually wearing some Crowns Gear, but the ones dropped by Big Ben and Kat. Lab in MB. I farmed for them on my high level fire guy (get crafted hat, robe, and overpowered critical wand, and spam meteor LOL) and then I placed them into the sharded bank. And Voilà! Your rank goes up 2 times faster and tickets pile up faster and faster.

My ice is still struggling, so I decided to try something - CRAFT.

I went on my fire, and bought the Winter Moon spell. I am crafting it, to then buy monstrous TC and enchant that with it, to finally get back to my ice and get the Winter Moon TC's in an endless number.

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Yes, I agree with the items provided being a bit harsh for players who don't have the strategical mind set like I do since I have a disability. The items don't seem to show fairness for other players who have free accounts and when these ranked persons choose to do practice. For someone like me who has extremely bad judgement skills, to me it is not fair for those who don't wish to go for a rank.