Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Wand idea

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think it would be awesome, if all wands (including swords, staves, banners, etc) would allow us the option of choosing what we want. If we could choose a sword or staff instead of a wand. I happen to really like the animation for the shorter swords and if I could, would always use that instead of a wand animation.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
dayerider on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
I think it would be awesome, if all wands (including swords, staves, banners, etc) would allow us the option of choosing what we want. If we could choose a sword or staff instead of a wand. I happen to really like the animation for the shorter swords and if I could, would always use that instead of a wand animation.
www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/clothing-gear2

Have you ever found a clothing item or wand you love the look of, but wish it had the stats of something different? Well now you can take the stats of one item and apply them to another item of the same type. Love the stats on your Dragonspyre hat but it doesn't match your Grizzleheim outfit? Find a Grizzleheim hat you like, and move the stats from your Dragonspyre hat, to the new Grizzleheim hat to complete your stylish look.

Eloise Merryweather, who can be found near Zeke in all worlds of the Spiral has been busy learning how to stitch! For a small Crowns fee, she will allow you to transfer the Stats of one item onto the Appearance of another of the same type. (hats to hats, wands to wands, etc)

This process cannot be undone, so please make sure you choose the correct items to be tailored.

Next time you talk to her, select the item you want to use as the Appearance, and the item you want to use for the Stats. Click Create and you'll have a whole new item with the look and stats you want combined into one.

Important things to note about the Seamstress:

• Both items will be removed from your backpack and replaced with the new item
• The name of the item will be transferred from the Stats item, along with the bonuses
• The bonuses of the appearance item will completely disappear, and be overwritten by the bonuses of the stats item, with the exception of No Trade flags. Those will persist to the final item.
• Once the transaction is complete, and you've purchased the item, it cannot be undone!
• This process costs crowns

#popcicool7777777

Survivor
Jan 04, 2013
Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
A copy of Malistaire's wand, a live snake and a staff with a glass globe on top, holding an actual star.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Soo...you want some wand stats but a sword look? If thats the case, you can stitch items. Go to where prospector zeke is in the commons, but talk to the lady with the cloths cart. You can choose your appearence of your item, but different stats. For me, I have awesome robe stats, but an outfit thats not even a robe

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
The orginal post said:

" I happen to really like the animation for the shorter swords..."

Currently when stitching a wand you get your desired appearance but not the animation. It would be nice if the animation went with the item's appearance.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
popcicool7777777 on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/clothing-gear2

Have you ever found a clothing item or wand you love the look of, but wish it had the stats of something different? Well now you can take the stats of one item and apply them to another item of the same type. Love the stats on your Dragonspyre hat but it doesn't match your Grizzleheim outfit? Find a Grizzleheim hat you like, and move the stats from your Dragonspyre hat, to the new Grizzleheim hat to complete your stylish look.

Eloise Merryweather, who can be found near Zeke in all worlds of the Spiral has been busy learning how to stitch! For a small Crowns fee, she will allow you to transfer the Stats of one item onto the Appearance of another of the same type. (hats to hats, wands to wands, etc)

This process cannot be undone, so please make sure you choose the correct items to be tailored.

Next time you talk to her, select the item you want to use as the Appearance, and the item you want to use for the Stats. Click Create and you'll have a whole new item with the look and stats you want combined into one.

Important things to note about the Seamstress:

• Both items will be removed from your backpack and replaced with the new item
• The name of the item will be transferred from the Stats item, along with the bonuses
• The bonuses of the appearance item will completely disappear, and be overwritten by the bonuses of the stats item, with the exception of No Trade flags. Those will persist to the final item.
• Once the transaction is complete, and you've purchased the item, it cannot be undone!
• This process costs crowns

#popcicool7777777
yeah, but I don't wanna have to spend crowns for simply having the choice of a look. I have spent small amounts of money for things in game, but I can't afford a lot. it would simply be nice if we could designate a default image, get the animation for it, and not have it affect the stats at all. This way, if you wanted a "great wand" and I wanted a "long sword", we could each have the look/animation we wanted, but the stats wouldn't change (not because of the shape/animation). This could be applied all over the place, armor, athames, robes, hats etc. It's just an idea I had, and if it was crowns only, I'd hate it, because I dont wanna have to buy a preference I feel we should be able to have for free

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I like the fact that we can stitch items so we can upgrade gear and maintain a certain appearance. But it seams a bit odd. Transfering the power of a sword into a wand is quite peculiar. I don't understand how magic works so I will accept this.

I am surprised that KI didn't make customizing gear more challenging. Pet training is so intensive, hatching very expensive with large time delays built in. House decorating is massively pricey. Gardening is a significant chore and crafting a big undertaking for most good items. Yet we can spend 100 crowns and have the magic transfered from one item to another instantly. I am not complaining, just surprised.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Ronster55, thank you for not reading my whole idea or understanding it. Stitching does NOT do what I want it to do, only half