Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prime for a Promethean Sorcerer?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
Hi, I'm Planeswalker1, known in the game as Daniel SoulWalker, and I'm a Promethean Sorcerer. I was wondering if my stats are good for a Level 90 Balance wizard, or if they could use some improvement, and also to see what people think would be the best gear for a Level 90 Balance.

This is a list of the stats I currently have:
Health: 4,258
Mana: 476
Damage: 70% Balance, 12% all others
Resist: 28% Global
Accuracy: 0% Global
Critical: 122 Balance, 34 all others with Rod of Icy Tears/121 Balance, 33 all others with Sword of Kings
Critical Block: 128 Global with Rod of Icy Tears/101 Global with Sword of Kings
Power Pips: 100%
Healing In: 22%
Healing Out: 24%
Stun Resistance: 0%
Armor Piercing: 0% with Rod of Icy Tears/2% with Sword of Kings

A list of what gear I have on:
Hat: Hood of Judgement
Robe: Cape of Judgement
Boots: Boots of Judgement
Wand: Rod of Icy Tears/Sword of Kings
Athame: Storm Caiman's Cruel Fang
Amulet: Great Wild Wood Pendant
Ring: Wintertusk Ring of Valor
Deck: Jaguar Paw Pyramid

My current pet:
Pet: Ancient Hydra
Talents: Pip O'Plenty (5%), Add Balance (5%), and Feeling Weak (+1 Weakness Card)

And for good measure, what I've trained in:
Death up to Feint, Ice up to Tower Shield, Sun Damage Enchantment Line to Colossal, Punishment, Chastisement, Potent Trap, and Sharpened Blade

I already know a couple ways I could improve my stats, such as training a better pet (which I'm trying to do), but there are things that I need some help from you guys to figure out.

First off, I don't know if the Aureate Band is still the best ring in the game. I found something to replace the Lexicon Blade, but so far, I haven't seen anything do that with the Aureate Band. So, I would like to know what ring you guys think I should have.

Second, I would like to get a new amulet. Since training in Potent Trap and Sharpened Blade, I find that there's no use in having an amulet that gives yet another blade, as I can already deal about 2-3 times the damage of the boss with the highest health today. So, what amulet do you guys think I should get?

Next, I would like a different wand. I know that the Brutal Ice Arrow Rod currently gives the best block rating for a dropped wand, and that the Last Quetzal's Bite is a very well rounded wand with nearly all of the things a wand can have. The thing is, I have no crowns, so I would have to find someone gracious enough to gift it to me. There are also other wands as well though, so what should I get?

Then, the boots. I've heard that the Boots of the Other Lizard are like better Armored Boots of Avalon, but I'm not sure if I should get them.

Lastly, I'm trying to make a much better pet, with May Cast Fairy, Spell-Proof, Balance-Dealer, Balance-Sniper, and some other talent (Pip O'Plenty?). What do you think?

Please leave any suggestions below to my questions or for other upgrades I could use, as well as if my stats are good, what talents my perfect pet should have, etc.

Thanks,
-Daniel SoulWalker, Promethean Sorcerer

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I would like to say you have put a lot of time and thought into forming your Balance wizard and it looks like you have done very well.

On the other hand - best gear for - seems to be a tough call to make these days. I have found it best to experiment around to find a happy medium for my play style, hit and run, very aggressive. I have purchased items that didn't work out for me but it's all part of the process of finding things to help you with battles.

It's rumored that many questing in Azteca are using combination gears and switching them to fit the monsters they are fighting. Deck construction is also fiddled with often. I started running 2 decks in DS - one for mobs and one for boss fights to get me in the habit of it and also because I am soloing much more and it seems to be easier.

In the end being the level you currently are you must be doing something right to get there - well done young wizard.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Looks like you have done very well in putting gear together for your Sorcerer. Great job!

Basically, your Waterworks gear is going to be your best option, as there is really nothing much at higher levels that can compare. I don't know if you would be interested in crafting, but there are a couple of options that can help your Sorcerer with a bit better stats. It's good to collect a few extra pieces of gear in your backpack to switch around to see what you get.

Keep the Aureate Band in your backpack if you get other rings that work as well. Never hurts to have extra choices!

Boots:
Armored Boots of Avalon (crafted L76): McShane in The Wild in Avalon. 224 health, 86 crit block/all, 6% resist/all, 4% accuracy/balance, 11% damage/balance, 2% accuracy/ice, 6% damage/ice

Athame:
Courtly Dirk (crafted L76): McShane in The Wild in Avalon. 245 health, 45 mana, 14% power pips/all, 11 crit block/all, 6% damage boost/all, 25% heal in

Dagger of Kings Court (L76 drop). 366 health, 260 mana, 14% power pip, 35 balance block, 38 myth block, 3% damage boost/balance

Amulet:
Amigers Amulet of Aiming (L70): Purchase in Avalon. 410 health, Reshuffle card

Ring:
Crystal Cave Rose (L78 drop): 352 health, 176 mana, 12% power pip, 5% damage/all, 10% heal in

Bannermans Honorbound Ring (L72 drop): 293 health, 170 mana, 11% power pip, 14 crit block/all, 3% damage
Golden Ring of Battle (L56 drop): 235 health, 140 mana, 14% power pip, 7 crit block/all, 7% damage/balance

Council of Light's Band (L68 drop): 170 health, 100 mana, 13% power pip, 24% heal in

Some of the drops I got may be sold in the Bazaar. Otherwise, you can look them up in the Central Wiki to find out what bosses or mobs may drop them. I do keep all this gear in my backpack, as I like to switch and find out what sort of stats I can get.

For your PET, look at getting Pain Giver and/or Balance Dealer, Spell Proof, Defy, and Spritely at the very least. In addition, good ones for Balance would be Pips or Accuracy.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
The Flamboyant Arc... on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
Hi, I'm Planeswalker1, known in the game as Daniel SoulWalker, and I'm a Promethean Sorcerer. I was wondering if my stats are good for a Level 90 Balance wizard, or if they could use some improvement, and also to see what people think would be the best gear for a Level 90 Balance.

This is a list of the stats I currently have:
Health: 4,258
Mana: 476
Damage: 70% Balance, 12% all others
Resist: 28% Global
Accuracy: 0% Global
Critical: 122 Balance, 34 all others with Rod of Icy Tears/121 Balance, 33 all others with Sword of Kings
Critical Block: 128 Global with Rod of Icy Tears/101 Global with Sword of Kings
Power Pips: 100%
Healing In: 22%
Healing Out: 24%
Armor Piercing: 0% with Rod of Icy Tears/2% with Sword of Kings

A list of what gear I have on:
Hat: Hood of Judgement
Robe: Cape of Judgement
Boots: Boots of Judgement
Wand: Rod of Icy Tears/Sword of Kings
Athame: Storm Caiman's Cruel Fang
Amulet: Great Wild Wood Pendant
Ring: Wintertusk Ring of Valor
Deck: Jaguar Paw Pyramid

My current pet:
Pet: Ancient Hydra
Talents: Pip O'Plenty (5%), Add Balance (5%), and Feeling Weak (+1 Weakness Card)

And for good measure, what I've trained in:
Death up to Feint, Ice up to Tower Shield, Sun Damage Enchantment Line to Colossal, Punishment, Chastisement, Potent Trap, and Sharpened Blade

I already know a couple ways I could improve my stats, such as training a better pet (which I'm trying to do), but there are things that I need some help from you guys to figure out.

First off, I don't know if the Aureate Band is still the best ring in the game. I found something to replace the Lexicon Blade, but so far, I haven't seen anything do that with the Aureate Band. So, I would like to know what ring you guys think I should have.

Second, I would like to get a new amulet. Since training in Potent Trap and Sharpened Blade, I find that there's no use in having an amulet that gives yet another blade, as I can already deal about 2-3 times the damage of the boss with the highest health today. So, what amulet do you guys think I should get?

Next, I would like a different wand. I know that the Brutal Ice Arrow Rod currently gives the best block rating for a dropped wand, and that the Last Quetzal's Bite is a very well rounded wand with nearly all of the things a wand can have. The thing is, I have no crowns, so I would have to find someone gracious enough to gift it to me. There are also other wands as well though, so what should I get?

Then, the boots. I've heard that the Boots of the Other Lizard are like better Armored Boots of Avalon, but I'm not sure if I should get them.

Lastly, I'm trying to make a much better pet, with May Cast Fairy, Spell-Proof, Balance-Dealer, Balance-Sniper, and some other talent (Pip O'Plenty?). What do you think?

Please leave any suggestions below to my questions or for other upgrades I could use, as well as if my stats are good, what talents my perfect pet should have, etc.

Thanks,
-Daniel SoulWalker, Promethean Sorcerer
my balance wizard is level 89. i was a solo player when i created her and, as such, worked hard to make her into a defense-minded character. now that i quest with others, i've boosted up her damage and accuracy, to make her a viable dd as well as supportive teammate.

gear

hood of judgement
cape of judgement
greenwarden's brilliant boots (random crowns item i found in shared bank)
misty mountain mandolin (from hydra's hoard or knight's lore pack, i forget which)
olyphant's storied scimitar (zafaria crafted)
nameless ring (level 76+ zafaria drop)
sporty dragon ( pet with spell proof, balance-it, and sharp-shot).

stats

health 4258
mana 331
damage +71 (balance only, +7 to all others)
resist 39% universal
accuracy +12%
power pips 81%
crit rating is 88
crit block 145 universal
incoming heal +36%
outgoing +5%

as you can see, my critical rating is almost nonexistent. that's because critical is so random, and all the bosses/mobs block it, anyway~ so i gave it up, in favour of more-tangible stats (higher damage and accuracy).

the nameless ring is awesome for balance. it gives a 9% damage boost that you're not likely to ever find elsewhere~ i'd been keeping mine in the bank forever, and only found it again after my wizard completed avalon.

i once had 100% power pips. but, as a balance wizard, you should probably tank that percentage a bit~ do you really want to spend 2 pips for bladestorm or feint, when you only need to spend one? my noob pips are totally useful.

if you want the foundations for a good balance pet, buddy and i will be happy to hatch with you. send me a message on central (my name there is El Veeb) and we can pick a time to meet up in-game.

-von
the almost-promethean sorceress of general amazingness. :P

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
Thank you both for replying to my thread. Your comments were very insightful and I'm very glad that you both think that I have spent a lot of time making my Sorcerer, as I have indeed spent many a day playing on him and trying to make him better, so it makes me happy that all of my hard work wasn't for nothing. Thank you.

Alright, let's start with brwac's post. That rumor is indeed true - I've seen many wizards in Azteca wear other gear with their Waterworks gear, such as crafted Avalon equipment, crowns gear, and some other more unique options, so I'll definitely keep that in mind when I'm thinking about what gear to wear. I also change my deck layout quite a bit and find it necessary after a certain level to do so. I'm always changing my shields, the amount of things, whether to put Punishment or Chastisement in, and the attack cards, all depending on what I'm fighting and how quickly I want to progress.

Now for QueQueg's post. I am indeed a Transcendent Crafter, and I've seen a lot of wizards keep several pieces of gear in their Backpack for the same reason, so I'll also remember to keep a good variety of gear on me at all times now. I'm trying the best I can to get the Aureate Band, but due to certain difficulties in my life right now, that might not happen for a while. Thanks for your list of extra gear that I could put in my Backpack, I'll make note of all of them and figure out the new Azteca equivalents (for all of the ones that do have an equivalent) to them as soon as I can. I was also thinking around those lines for my pet's talents, and that brings me to my next topic.

Thanks again you two, and all others, feel free to keep on posting, as anyone's ideas for what I should do to make my Sorcerer better are welcome, so please give your opinions on my stats, gear, pet, etc. I do have one more question for you guys though. Does anyone know if May Cast Fairy casts more than May Cast Sprite?

Thanks and keep on posting,
~Daniel SoulWalker, Promethean Sorcerer

Survivor
Jul 15, 2011
Hey I am Talon Rainbowweaver and I am a Promethean Sorcerer. I have 3 sets of gears I use. I use the life mastery amulet and the Quetzal Bite Wand: 3% armor piercing 54 block rating 66 critical rating 10% incoming heal and 1 power pip. for all 3 gears. My pet gives me 14% resist
Set #1 Legendary Gear (waterworks) this one i use for mobs (no bosses).
Health: 4219
Mana: 445
Damage: 65% balance 12% rest
Resist: 42% all
Accuracy: 0% all
Critical Rating: 154 balance 66 rest
Block Rating: 117 every school
Power Pips: 91%
Healing in/out: 38%/15%
Armor Piercing: 3%

Second Gear (azteca crafted gear available only after you finish main story line in azteca) I use this gear for bosses and everything else. **My Main Gear**
Health: 4398
Mana: 475
Damage: 52% balance 6% rest
Resist: 47% fire and storm 38% ice and 27% rest
Accuracy: 11% balance 0% rest
Critical Rating: 252 balance 66 rest
Block Rating: 218 myth 211 life 204 ice 196 death 178 fire 173 storm and 68 balance
Power Pips: 69%
Healing in/out: 61%/0%
Armor Piercing: 5%
List of gear: Faces if the lords of night (hood), robes of three spirits (robe), wraps of three spirits (boots), zero cat's passionate blade (athame), and silver and jade serpent seal (ring)

Third Gear (healing gear) I use this for when i am healer which is when i am doing dungeons most of the time.
Health: 4018
Mana: 505
Damage: 55% all schools
Resist: 14% all schools
Accuracy: 11% all schools
Critical Rating: 241 all schools
Block Rating: 123 ice 118 storm 115 fire 65 rest
Power Pips: 91%
Healing in/out: 36%/16%
Armor Piercing: 14%
List of gear: Avenging Helm of Glory (hat), Smoldering Vengeance Armor (robe), Marvelous Avenging Boots (boots), Storm Caiman's Cruel Fang (athame), and Silver and Jade Serpent Seal (ring).
I hope this helps and let me know what you think.