Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do pets have rare+ selfish talents

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I dont think its right for pets getting a selfish talent in a rare-ultra rare-epic slots.
Seriously the selfish talents should be common and uncommon. Nothing is worse than having your pet epic and thinking ok i can spend the time and money/crowns on getting the mega talent then finding a +25 to strength 7500 crowns and numerous hours later.

Anyone else out there have this happen before? Man it stinks bad. I completely understand that its all chance but i really would like to know how KI justifies a selfish talent as a rare+ talent, Even if it is not common or uncommon i think its just terrible lol.

I wish this would be adjusted at least for the mega slot.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:
I dont think its right for pets getting a selfish talent in a rare-ultra rare-epic slots.
Seriously the selfish talents should be common and uncommon. Nothing is worse than having your pet epic and thinking ok i can spend the time and money/crowns on getting the mega talent then finding a +25 to strength 7500 crowns and numerous hours later.

Anyone else out there have this happen before? Man it stinks bad. I completely understand that its all chance but i really would like to know how KI justifies a selfish talent as a rare+ talent, Even if it is not common or uncommon i think its just terrible lol.

I wish this would be adjusted at least for the mega slot.
storm hound is what 14k in c's it has 5 selfish ? thats a good example. Just hatch with pets that have a good pool work out the bogus selfish you dont want. When you do it enough you will know what each slot in your pet is most of the time. I have so many mega and epic failures. I did get a storm hound a while back because no one would hatch one. it had storm resist, pip o plenty, astute and crafty i believe epic fail. Hatched once with one of my normal pets. Now it has spell proof, storm proof, spell defy and mc sprite. Also bank on pets failing most of the time this is how Ki makes $ you dont want to wait or want a pet megas etc you buy with crowns. Personally spending crowns on megas or on pets now days is a waste. Good friends will hatch even if its not always in their favor. Check out grub guardian - unlock the new content master it.. the prizes will repay you over and over again. E.g energy bottles, mega snack packs, gear etc.

take care.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I have hatched a couple dozen pets and trained several to Ancient and Epic. But I have never even attempted training to Mega purely because I would not be able to handle the frustration of getting a completely useless talent.

I get enough pain spending 50K in gold, 20 hours for hatching, training to Teen or Adult and getting a useless talent.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
If the pets talents that were to manifest were shown to us at the pets birth that would solve everything. Then we could decide whether we wanted to train the pet to adult just for rehatching purposes or go further with it. This way there would be no wasted gold, crowns or our time not knowing the pet was to get a selfish talent at epic or mega.