Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spritely Talent Clarification

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Question:
If Spritely is not a potential talent in a first generation pet, is it impossible for that pet be hatched with Spritely as a potential talent?

Wizard101 Central has a list of pets that "can have Spritely", but does not explicitely say that these are the only pets that can inherit Spritely when hatched. Each pet in the list has Spritely in its list of 1st gen potential talents.

For example, can the following pets never ever be hatched with the Spritely potential talent:
Ice Colosus, Hydra, Helephant, Wraith, Seraph, Jade Oni, Mander, Evil Snowman etc.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
RottenHeart on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
Question:
If Spritely is not a potential talent in a first generation pet, is it impossible for that pet be hatched with Spritely as a potential talent?

Wizard101 Central has a list of pets that "can have Spritely", but does not explicitely say that these are the only pets that can inherit Spritely when hatched. Each pet in the list has Spritely in its list of 1st gen potential talents.

For example, can the following pets never ever be hatched with the Spritely potential talent:
Ice Colosus, Hydra, Helephant, Wraith, Seraph, Jade Oni, Mander, Evil Snowman etc.
Yes, it's possible. I have seen pets that in their first generation form cannot get Spritely, but as a hatched pet, have that talent. Example is one of the Beast pets (I can't remember which one).

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
RottenHeart on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
Question:

If a pet does not have a talent in it's list of may get talents then no it can not get Spritely or pass Spritely along in a hatch.

To get Spritely in a pet that can not get it at first generation you must hatch it with a pet that can get Spritely. This usually leads to repeat hatching in order to manifest the talent in the hatched pet.

I currently have a few pets that I have hatched that do not get Spritely with a ScareCrow that has Spritely already manifested and after 2 hatched attempts I did get Spritely in my pet.

This can be a very hit or miss option though, starting with hopefully getting the pet you want in the hatch. Training a hatch up to find it does not get Spritely, re-hatching and starting over again can be time consuming and a bit aggravating.

I have found the more assured way to get spritely is to start with 2 pets that do have it in their talents list, even if neither have manifested it. It's even more assured if one of the parents has manifested it.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
If one of the 'parent' pets has spritely, there is a CHANCE the offspring will manifest spritely regardless of the pet.

For example: My myth wizard has a Mustard Troll as a pet. That pet does have spritely although it is not a talent for first generation. I also have a Jade Oni pet that has spritely.

The list Wizard101 Central has for the pets that may gain the spritely talent is first generation pets. The hatching process makes the talents of each pet unique, therefore impossible to list what a hatch could receive.

Hannah Lifebringer level 80 Life

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks very much for the excellent replies.

Very intersting the point regarding hatching with a parent pet that has realized talent of spritely instead of just potential. I was trying (unsuccessfuly) to hatch a reaper with spritely using ghost dragon (unrealized potential spritely talent). Over 5 attempts failed, training up to adult/ancient.

In the pet pavilion I also confirmed by seeing the following pets with Spritely:
- Darkwalker (level 48 school pet hybrid)
- Ice Bird
- Leopard

Thanks again.