Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm tired of this

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 27, 2011
Normally I don't complain, especially about gardening, and how crafting is to hard, or that getting boss drops for rare items is so rare to get. But I am here on this forum since the title is I'm tired of this, because I am tired of puppet teams. And for those who are unaware of what a puppet team is, its when a high level wizard matches up with a low level president, for example a level 70 storm wizard matches with a level 1 wizard. This match up than matches the puppet team with 2 lvl 35 captain to commander wizards. The match up is unfair since the lvl 70 can easily kill the 2 level 35 wizards and gain lots of points for doing so. This is an easy way for people to rank up but is not fair nor is it fun for the 2 level 35 wizards who enjoy mid lvl team pvp. I wish that King Isle would fix this problem. I have an idea for this; it be that they make a team level range that would restrict wizards from matching up with another wizard of either a to high of a level or to low. Please i wish that King Isle would consider it because i am tired of loosing 20-50 points per match against a puppet team and not even get to enjoy an enjoyably match.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
I really dont care any longer what people say or think. I pulled this right from the home page for members;

Members get full access to the entire game!

Member benefits include:
Access to ALL worlds -- Notice this one its quite important!Ranked PvP matches Ranked Derby races Castles & Lands Advanced Crafting Message Boards More Chat options* Faster Energy regen Larger backpack Larger friends list Faster Crafting timers So enough is enough low levels are in your realms and worlds just deal with it because its not changing.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Fireproof Said:

"Lets all stop the whining about someone else jumping in. If you cannot handle an additional mob then restack your deck"

Perhaps Fireproof was the goof who jumped into my battle with Thunderfin (Celestia, Stormriven) last night and fired off some crumby spell wasting my traps and feints after I asked him to pls not attack. The guy replied saying "hey, its just how i do battle". Realizing this was a waste of time I fled and ran back to watch his miserable death.

So I ask Fireproof this: Why are you jumping into other peoples battles? If you can handle yourself then fight your own battles. Why do you need to be jumping into stranger's battles? And why are you fleeing?Notice the title of this thread and re-read the OP. Defending crumby game play won't make you many friends.

And I ask Gunslinger This: Why is it necessary for you have underleveled wizards to help you survive? Fireproof also says he and his friends need lower levels to help out. By Fireproof's own argument that you seem impressed by if you can't handle the area then time to reconsider your position. If you can't handle the area you are in then maybe you aren't ready yet!

Guys, stop your ranting. We get your point, you aren't in favor of level locks. We all heard you. I think posting your thoughts repeatedly gets the point across. Move on. Also you guys are waaay off topic on this. Don't be hijacking threads.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Zlyxer on Nov 22, 2012 wrote:
I seen this a bunch of times in Azteca people just walk into the battle and flee making another minion appear this needs to stop I died because of that. Its annoying they just flee making it hard for people to progress.
Well you lose nothing for dying in wizard 101. port to ds get your mana/hp back and your back where you were in 5 minutes.

change the game so you can lose exp and levels for death, fleeing, jumping on a portal then backing off. People would think twice before doing things then.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
RottenHeart on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
Fireproof Said:

"Lets all stop the whining about someone else jumping in. If you cannot handle an additional mob then restack your deck"

Perhaps Fireproof was the goof who jumped into my battle with Thunderfin (Celestia, Stormriven) last night and fired off some crumby spell wasting my traps and feints after I asked him to pls not attack. The guy replied saying "hey, its just how i do battle". Realizing this was a waste of time I fled and ran back to watch his miserable death.

So I ask Fireproof this: Why are you jumping into other peoples battles? If you can handle yourself then fight your own battles. Why do you need to be jumping into stranger's battles? And why are you fleeing?Notice the title of this thread and re-read the OP. Defending crumby game play won't make you many friends.

And I ask Gunslinger This: Why is it necessary for you have underleveled wizards to help you survive? Fireproof also says he and his friends need lower levels to help out. By Fireproof's own argument that you seem impressed by if you can't handle the area then time to reconsider your position. If you can't handle the area you are in then maybe you aren't ready yet!

Guys, stop your ranting. We get your point, you aren't in favor of level locks. We all heard you. I think posting your thoughts repeatedly gets the point across. Move on. Also you guys are waaay off topic on this. Don't be hijacking threads.
LOL , First off i dont jump into battles and use lame attacks. And i dont flee when i do get into a battle. So please point your flame canon at someone else beacause i didnt ruin your battle.
The OP is tired of people jumping into battle rings and through out this thread people have brought up that its lower leveled players doing this, But its every level doing this. And i dont need lower level help but i accept it when i am in need of assist. Im doin just fine i finished azteca a short while ago.

Back on track then......................Yeah people jumping into battle with you can be a bummer.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
fireproof1111 on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
I really dont care any longer what people say or think. I pulled this right from the home page for members;

Members get full access to the entire game!

Member benefits include:
Access to ALL worlds -- Notice this one its quite important!Ranked PvP matches Ranked Derby races Castles & Lands Advanced Crafting Message Boards More Chat options* Faster Energy regen Larger backpack Larger friends list Faster Crafting timers So enough is enough low levels are in your realms and worlds just deal with it because its not changing.
This has been thrown about on multiple occasions,but is sorely misunderstood. You do NOT gain unfettered access throughout the spiral. You can only access new areas via quest progression. Some people circumvent this requirement by teleporting to friends,which is usually not a problem. The problem exists when these people who have not earned a right to be in this area,then go on and cause problems for members who are supposed to be there. This is a legitimate problem faced and dealt with by many online games. The only problem with it here is the continuous ignoring of problems by KI. There are many ways to fix this issue,that would keep both sides happy,but KI just doesn't seem concerned with addressing game problems for whatever reason.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Intrepidatius on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
This has been thrown about on multiple occasions,but is sorely misunderstood. You do NOT gain unfettered access throughout the spiral. You can only access new areas via quest progression. Some people circumvent this requirement by teleporting to friends,which is usually not a problem. The problem exists when these people who have not earned a right to be in this area,then go on and cause problems for members who are supposed to be there. This is a legitimate problem faced and dealt with by many online games. The only problem with it here is the continuous ignoring of problems by KI. There are many ways to fix this issue,that would keep both sides happy,but KI just doesn't seem concerned with addressing game problems for whatever reason.
But where does it say you get access via quest progression. I read that whole page where fireproof got that from and nowhere on it does it say any of what you just mentioned. So they did actually say "Access to all worlds".
It can be thought of either way but it still says "Access to all worlds" right.
And i think there is and easy explaination to why KI feels unconcerned with it but some just cant bring themselves to accept it.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Intrepidatius on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
I dont know Pyrsik. It says right there members gain access to all worlds or at least thats what i see. Cant really argue with what is written.
Hey i get it, You are upset with people causing problems in a world but who says ,other than you ,that those people arent supposed to be there. When they port in does it say "you are not high enough level for this world young wizard" Nope it doesnt. They just dont have the quest ladder yet but they are allowed there. If id be a crowns player and i bought DS but i was only in MB i should be allowed in DS whether you like that idea or not.
I dont see the problem here, But then again when someone comes into my circle of battle i can get by even if they do flee so i see your point, Some players can just play the game a bit better than others i guess, Some dont really need to complain because they just adapt to what is needed.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
But where does it say you get access via quest progression. I read that whole page where fireproof got that from and nowhere on it does it say any of what you just mentioned. So they did actually say "Access to all worlds".
And i think there is and easy explaination to why KI feels unconcerned with it but some just cant bring themselves to accept it.
Numerous times on this forum Professor Greyrose has told young wizards that to gain access to whatever world they must be a certain level and complete certain quests. *No Mention of Skipping Quests and Porting*

Yes we all know that members can also port to friends, but clearly the intended method for accessing worlds is by advancing your wizard through quests and gaining the spiral keys. Obviously KI has reasons for allowing underleveled wizards to port ahead and they do not wish to discuss it.

Period. End of story. There is no more!!! MOVE ON!!!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Statements by Prof Greyrose regarding the Spiral Worlds:

Entering Krokotopia Prof G says:
--> Your level has nothing to do with when you can and cannot enter Krokotopia.
You haven't proven to Merle that you area ready to go to that area yet. You must complete all your required assignments in Wizard City before you will be given the key to Krokotopia.

--> You will encounter this in all worlds of the Spiral, young Wizard. You must complete the tasks you are given in one world before you will be given the key to the next world.

Entering Wysteria:
--> You are level 5, not 25.

Entering Marleybone
--> Obviously you haven't completed your required assignments in Krokotopia yet.

Entering Mooshu
--> You must earn your way there, young Wizard.
Once you have completed the quests in Krokotopia, you will be asked to adventure to Marleybone. Once you have completed the quests in Marleybone you will be asked to adventure to Moo Shu.
Patience young Wizard, you will arrive in Moo Shu when you are strong enough.

--> You're a long way from MooShu young Wizard, if you are still in Krokotopia.
As I said before, you must earn your way there, young Wizard.

--> You've only just barely begun Marleybone, young Wizard. You need to complete tasks you are given in order to advance.

--> It doesn't serve you any good to skip ahead of the story.
Do you remember how you had to complete all your assignments in Wizard City before you could move on to get the key to Krokotopia, and how you had to complete all your assignments in Krok before you could get the key to Marleybone? Well this is no different - you have to complete all the required assignments in Marleybone before you will be given the key to MooShu.

--> You must complete the required assignments in Marleybone including the Clocktowers and Big Ben quests before you will be invited to explore MooShu.

This is just a small sample. The gameplay intent is very clear.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
Wrong. Greyrose and Zeke have both posted on this,and stated very clearly that access is gained via the spiral key<quest progression>. They have also answered numerous posts from new players wanting an explanation why they can't access a world when they become a member. Greyrose has posted this same answer numerous times. This is a simple problem that is misunderstand by many. It is really easy to understand. Unrestricted porting/access causes problems,fix that problem,and you do a service to the game. Ignore that problem,and you do a disservice to everyone who is a member.Let me be very clear to everyone who stills does not understand..........

A game preference<unrestricted porting/access> does NOT trump a problem in any way.

Like it or not,it causes problems that are very legitimate,and needs to be dealt with in some fashion. You can disagree all you want, but all arguments pro are weak across the board.

*** Another thing that really distresses me about this issue is the selfishness involved by those who wish to keep it despite knowing it causes problems for others. I was raised to think of others before myself,but that mindset sadly seems to be a dinosaur these days.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Intrepidatius on Dec 22, 2012 wrote:
Wrong. Greyrose and Zeke have both posted on this,and stated very clearly that access is gained via the spiral key<quest progression>. They have also answered numerous posts from new players wanting an explanation why they can't access a world when they become a member. Greyrose has posted this same answer numerous times. This is a simple problem that is misunderstand by many. It is really easy to understand. Unrestricted porting/access causes problems,fix that problem,and you do a service to the game. Ignore that problem,and you do a disservice to everyone who is a member.Let me be very clear to everyone who stills does not understand..........

A game preference<unrestricted porting/access> does NOT trump a problem in any way.

Like it or not,it causes problems that are very legitimate,and needs to be dealt with in some fashion. You can disagree all you want, but all arguments pro are weak across the board.

*** Another thing that really distresses me about this issue is the selfishness involved by those who wish to keep it despite knowing it causes problems for others. I was raised to think of others before myself,but that mindset sadly seems to be a dinosaur these days.
Im not going to argue with you Pyrsik everyone has their own opinion on a subject and they have that right to. What distresses me is those that like to nerf things to cripple some that use an ability which we are back to thinking of others before yourself.
But please check the threads out there on voting for locks or not.
As is shown by the neglect to address this problem from KI clearly shows that they dont feel it needs fixed and the people that use lower levels for help can continue to do this without worry of any type of level lock being put in effect.
And Rottenheart look at the first sentence you pasted. Level has nothing to do with it. I also see that the prof's said to get a key you must complete the assignments given, but it also says you must prove to ambrose you are able, Maybe those that port are just ahead of the class.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The problem can be solved by tweaking the "Quest Progression" requirements to also include a restriction preventing the lower levels from joining a battle if they have not earned the Spiral Key to that world.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
Lol im about ready to give up on trying to make people understand.

People playing this game are either not seeing points made,to arrogant to see their in the wrong or are very uneducated/unexperienced on Massively Multiplayer Online games so i basically cant seem to change a persons perspective. So thats why im not ranting lol.

Sooner or later something happens during a persons gameplay that will enable them to see the light and then they can see what im speaking of when i RANT.

I hear you!!!! I am having the same problem at least several times a day with people doing that, it is just plain RUDE

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

I second this, especially the last paragraph. I've said it before and will say it again~ if you are old enough to play this game, you should also be old enough to respect social norms and the wants/needs of others who share the same space. When you randomly join a battle without asking and are unprepared, you are inconveniencing the other person and disrupting his or her experience~ ports on is NOT an open-door policy. Yes, we can turn ports off, but we shouldn't have to.

Think of it this way: when you go to a restaurant, you don't help yourself to food from your friends' plates~ you get your own, or you ask nicely if you can have some. And, just as it's considered rude to show up to a party uninvited and/or empty-handed, it is also rude to join someone's battle with no intention of contributing.

If you cannot hold your own in combat, you should not be in that world. I don't care if you're 8 or 80~ if you don't respect me, I'll gladly free up the space on my buddy-list for someone who will.

-von

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
fireproof1111 on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
I dont know Pyrsik. It says right there members gain access to all worlds or at least thats what i see. Cant really argue with what is written.
Hey i get it, You are upset with people causing problems in a world but who says ,other than you ,that those people arent supposed to be there. When they port in does it say "you are not high enough level for this world young wizard" Nope it doesnt. They just dont have the quest ladder yet but they are allowed there. If id be a crowns player and i bought DS but i was only in MB i should be allowed in DS whether you like that idea or not.
I dont see the problem here, But then again when someone comes into my circle of battle i can get by even if they do flee so i see your point, Some players can just play the game a bit better than others i guess, Some dont really need to complain because they just adapt to what is needed.
Key words are gain access not have access. How does one gain access...by questing of course.

Definition of Gain;
Gain-verb (used with object)
1.to get (something desired), especially as a result of one's efforts: to gain possession of an object; to gain permission to enter a country.
2.to acquire as an increase or addition: to gain weight; to gain speed.
3.to obtain as a profit: He gained ten dollars by this deal.
4.to win; get in competition: to gain the prize.
5.to win (someone) to one's own side or point of view; persuade (sometimes followed by over ): to gain supporters.

Others have provided post after post by Professor Greyrose supporting this method. Pyrsik is correct.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2012

Why are you guys so serious about this

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Ladygunslinger wrote:

"And Rottenheart look at the first sentence you pasted. Level has nothing to do with it. I also see that the prof's said to get a key you must complete the assignments given, but it also says you must prove to ambrose you are able, Maybe those that port are just ahead of the class."

Don't be taking portions of a sentence a placing them out of context. Manipulating people statements makes a weak arguement. I expect more from you gunslinger! If you wish I can make a very strong logical arguement in your favor but I rather not. Please try harder. The full sentence is.

"Your level has nothing to do with when you can and cannot enter Krokotopia."

There is no level restriction to entering Krokotopia. You are supposed to complete the quests.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
cfok314 on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
Why are you guys so serious about this
Because ignorance or selfishness is no reason to ignore a problem.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 22, 2012 wrote:

Im not going to argue with you Pyrsik everyone has their own opinion on a subject and they have that right to.

Everyone has a right to an opinion yes,but some opinions are not good. If your opinion dictates to keep something in-game that causes problems for others,then that is a opinion of no value. As I have stated before,this isn't a new dilemma to mmorpg's. Every game I am aware of in this genre deals with this.
There are many remedies such as : aggro,level restrictions,world locks,nerf exp/gains.etc. ,but to simply ignore it,because some like to take advantage of it in a legitimate way is not a solution. Let's pretend I am in your shoes, and that I use unrestricted porting to my fun and advantage. The minute I became aware that it causes problems, I would gladly give it up to help support a healthy game,and to alleviate problems from others.
Are you really so centered on yourself that you think of your wants/needs over the problems of others? Also your argument that it will hurt the game just doesn't hold water based on the evidence from other successful mmorpg's out there. You can suggest a opinion that differs all you want, but I will always rebuttal with one that sides with the health of the game,and that alleviates the problems of others,before my pleasure.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Why not continue to allow the "unkeyed" wizards to port into areas they have not progressed into but not allowing them to join or start battles until they have gained access to that area. Let them visit and run around to their hearts content, but cant fight or gain experience points while in that area.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Dr Von on Dec 22, 2012 wrote:
I second this, especially the last paragraph. I've said it before and will say it again~ if you are old enough to play this game, you should also be old enough to respect social norms and the wants/needs of others who share the same space. When you randomly join a battle without asking and are unprepared, you are inconveniencing the other person and disrupting his or her experience~ ports on is NOT an open-door policy. Yes, we can turn ports off, but we shouldn't have to.

Think of it this way: when you go to a restaurant, you don't help yourself to food from your friends' plates~ you get your own, or you ask nicely if you can have some. And, just as it's considered rude to show up to a party uninvited and/or empty-handed, it is also rude to join someone's battle with no intention of contributing.

If you cannot hold your own in combat, you should not be in that world. I don't care if you're 8 or 80~ if you don't respect me, I'll gladly free up the space on my buddy-list for someone who will.

-von
So if im in a resteraunt an my friend says help yourself i should say no i cant eat from your plate because i just bought the 5.00 plate and i am not allowed .

Joining uninvited may be rude in your opinion but it doesnt make it illegal.

And if my level 60 can hold their own in azteca then he should be allowed there?

Sorry Von me and you have very different views, Im all about being fair i truely am. And i totally feel bad for those that have problems holding there own with an extra mob in battle, Not everyone has this problem but apparently a few cannot hold their own. Me personally i love it when more come in because thats less time i have to spend on battles, I would rather do 4 at a time than only 2.
But if someone has a friend or family member that needs assistance in a world and they are lower level but wants to help them then that person should be allowed to help whether or not others have this problem with rude people fleeing on them.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
Ladygunslinger wrote:

"And Rottenheart look at the first sentence you pasted. Level has nothing to do with it. I also see that the prof's said to get a key you must complete the assignments given, but it also says you must prove to ambrose you are able, Maybe those that port are just ahead of the class."

Don't be taking portions of a sentence a placing them out of context. Manipulating people statements makes a weak arguement. I expect more from you gunslinger! If you wish I can make a very strong logical arguement in your favor but I rather not. Please try harder. The full sentence is.

"Your level has nothing to do with when you can and cannot enter Krokotopia."

There is no level restriction to entering Krokotopia. You are supposed to complete the quests.
If you actually want an argument i would say that if they werent allowed there why would they be able to port and just end it with that. So no matter how much you argue with anyone on here the fact remains the same, Low levels can port and i dont see it changing. See in the world as we know it if its illegal to do something then you get reprimanded. So in sense they would change it or you would get in trouble for doing it, Since neither is happening it means its allowed to happen which means in all of your tried an true arguing your still wrong. When it changes i will admit you were right until then you can accept one of 2 things:
Your wrong or KI's is wrong .

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Intrepidatius on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 22, 2012 wrote:

Im not going to argue with you Pyrsik everyone has their own opinion on a subject and they have that right to.

Everyone has a right to an opinion yes,but some opinions are not good. If your opinion dictates to keep something in-game that causes problems for others,then that is a opinion of no value. As I have stated before,this isn't a new dilemma to mmorpg's. Every game I am aware of in this genre deals with this.
There are many remedies such as : aggro,level restrictions,world locks,nerf exp/gains.etc. ,but to simply ignore it,because some like to take advantage of it in a legitimate way is not a solution. Let's pretend I am in your shoes, and that I use unrestricted porting to my fun and advantage. The minute I became aware that it causes problems, I would gladly give it up to help support a healthy game,and to alleviate problems from others.
Are you really so centered on yourself that you think of your wants/needs over the problems of others? Also your argument that it will hurt the game just doesn't hold water based on the evidence from other successful mmorpg's out there. You can suggest a opinion that differs all you want, but I will always rebuttal with one that sides with the health of the game,and that alleviates the problems of others,before my pleasure.
Here is the thing Pyrsik until you know how many people this is causing a problem for then you realy have no argument, You may think you do but you dont. The reason i say that is because like ive said before the percentages is what a company looks at.
You continuously say that if its wrong its wrong , But whats wrong to you is right to others and vice versa so by changing it an making it wrong to others and right to you would take us to your point of "your opinion dictates to keep something in game thats causing problems for others", Which would have no value correct.
So how do we find out who is right and who is wrong, Or is it just right when it suits you.
Ill tell you how a company decides whats right and wrong in this type of predicament. A vote......
And that is why ive been posting threads on all the websites i can find on the web to let peoples votes tell the story.
And to those of you that keep saying that the whole population doesnt vote, Well what happens if you dont vote for president? Then that means you cannot complain about him huh.
Like it or not everything in this game will never be perfect for everyone, I fight for the majority and so far the majority thats posting is against your views.
I side with the majority because i have seen games fall because of following a small majority in the game until collapse, And i dont want that happening here.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
Here is the thing Pyrsik until you know how many people this is causing a problem for then you realy have no argument, You may think you do but you dont. The reason i say that is because like ive said before the percentages is what a company looks at.
You continuously say that if its wrong its wrong , But whats wrong to you is right to others and vice versa so by changing it an making it wrong to others and right to you would take us to your point of "your opinion dictates to keep something in game thats causing problems for others", Which would have no value correct.
So how do we find out who is right and who is wrong, Or is it just right when it suits you.
Ill tell you how a company decides whats right and wrong in this type of predicament. A vote......
And that is why ive been posting threads on all the websites i can find on the web to let peoples votes tell the story.
And to those of you that keep saying that the whole population doesnt vote, Well what happens if you dont vote for president? Then that means you cannot complain about him huh.
Like it or not everything in this game will never be perfect for everyone, I fight for the majority and so far the majority thats posting is against your views.
I side with the majority because i have seen games fall because of following a small majority in the game until collapse, And i dont want that happening here.
Well i didnt vote for president and i still complain about him all the time.
Gunslinger i do get what your saying though and for this thread i will agree with you on the percentage mention.
It would be quite nice to actually find out how many people feel the need for the level requirement. If nothing else just to end the complaints on the subject.
If Ki could even show up on the forums to straighten people out on a subject would be outstanding but if they feel the situation is not up to their standards then they usually dont intervene. So i guess that gives us our answer.
Everyone on this thread needs to realize that the OP is mad about people jumping in and fleeing but im having trouble seeing how the level has anything to do with fleeing people.