Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm tired of this

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Gunslinger wrote:

"Joining uninvited may be rude in your opinion but it doesnt make it illegal. "

Sad, very very sad. If its not illegal then its okay. What a crumby world you live in Gunslinger. Not doing much for your case.

Your arguements are getting worse. Ohhh.... I am beginning to think your purpose is to present such bad arguements because you want to promote ideas opposite to what you are presenting. Ah -ha! Slick, very slick gunslinger. I'm impressed. Very seldom do I see people use forums in such a sly manner.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
If you actually want an argument i would say that if they werent allowed there why would they be able to port and just end it with that. So no matter how much you argue with anyone on here the fact remains the same, Low levels can port and i dont see it changing. See in the world as we know it if its illegal to do something then you get reprimanded. So in sense they would change it or you would get in trouble for doing it, Since neither is happening it means its allowed to happen which means in all of your tried an true arguing your still wrong. When it changes i will admit you were right until then you can accept one of 2 things:
Your wrong or KI's is wrong .
Stating the current condition does not make a valid arguement. And this is true for any discussion.

Let me help gunslinger, I will show how to present a reasonable case for a belief. And since I now believe gunslinger is actually in favor of level restrictions (because your arguements are so bad) I'm going to switch sides.

Most of these ideas have already been presented, but mostly in a haphazard way. The approach is to list legitimate items for your cause. Making additional non-sensical arguements hurts any cause. Also feeble attempts at polls or generating statistics when you don't have access to reasonable data hurts the cause. Focus on logical arguments that can easily be backed with facts. And don't state the same arguement twice using different words.

Reasons for not imposing level locks or restrictions on Wizard101 worlds:

1) This is a family game.
As a family, a group should be able to engage in adventures together. Some family members may not have the time or skills to complete all quests in a level, while others can excel rapidly. But the ability to share in the game experience together is essential.

I remember back to the days of playing D&D board games with my friends. A group of us would sit around a table and spend hours together going through some dungeon. Of course my level 2 Elf would play beside Johnny's level 52 Wizard. This is fundamental to playing team based RPG games.

2) Ability to Quest With New Friends.
Frequently wizards meet new and exciting friends in the Wizard City Commons. A primary function of the common areas of each world is to meet new friends. In these areas adventure quests often begin. Wizards may not be all the same level, but each can offer their special talents within a team.

3) Each World is Independant
Negligble Story Carried Across Worlds. As independant adventures there is no specific need for a wizard to complete preseeding quests or worlds.

Each world has a unique theme and story. The story cross-over between worlds is minimal and certainly not critical for understanding a particular world's story. Each world can be treated as a 'stand-alone' adventure. Merle Ambrose in WC is the only significant character that ties the stories together, and that is really for the purpose of initiating a quest in a new world.

School quests are completely stand-alone, as are almost all the side quests. These represent individual unique adventures.

4) Tools Have Been Provided.
The following tools have been provided to ensure every player can have the best gaming experience possible:
- chat, allowing players to communicate and express thoughts, ideas, and strategies.
- enable/disable ports
- hidden to friends
- ignore, delete friends

5) This is a MMORPG
Other wizards playing the game may unexpectably enter your game play. This is part of the fun and challenge of Wizard101. Its also a great way to meet new friends.

I'm at maximum forum message length...

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Here is the thing Pyrsik until you know how many people this is causing a problem for then you realy have no argument, You may think you do but you dont. The reason i say that is because like ive said before the percentages is what a company looks at.
You continuously say that if its wrong its wrong , But whats wrong to you is right to others and vice versa so by changing it an making it wrong to others and right to you would take us to your point of "your opinion dictates to keep something in game thats causing problems for others", Which would have no value correct.
So how do we find out who is right and who is wrong, Or is it just right when it suits you.
Ill tell you how a company decides whats right and wrong in this type of predicament. A vote......
And that is why ive been posting threads on all the websites i can find on the web to let peoples votes tell the story.
And to those of you that keep saying that the whole population doesnt vote, Well what happens if you dont vote for president? Then that means you cannot complain about him huh.
Like it or not everything in this game will never be perfect for everyone, I fight for the majority and so far the majority thats posting is against your views.
I side with the majority because i have seen games fall because of following a small majority in the game until collapse, And i dont want that happening here.
I have stated several times that I don't know the percentages,while u have on several occasions suggested<falsely> that your opinion is the majority. One thing I do know is that this issue is so important,that other major games have addressed it. The majority in those games all wanted it addressed,so it is reasonable to assume that opinion prevails here. Also, your random sampling is in no way indicative of a true representation. One thing you cannot refute,though you have weakly tried, is that a preference does not trump a problem. You can use smoke and mirrors all you want, but to think of your wants over a problem,is laced both in selfishness and ignorance.If you would simply just state that "you prefer your pleasure in games,over others legitimate problems," then you would at least be more honest.and probably garner some respect. So far, your opinions have been completely dissected by several responses. You remain obstinate even though you have been presented with hard facts echoed by the games creators. Once again,you are entitled to your opinions,but so far they have been exceedingly weak in this area.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Here is the thing Pyrsik until you know how many people this is causing a problem for then you realy have no argument, You may think you do but you dont. The reason i say that is because like ive said before the percentages is what a company looks at.
You continuously say that if its wrong its wrong , But whats wrong to you is right to others and vice versa so by changing it an making it wrong to others and right to you would take us to your point of "your opinion dictates to keep something in game thats causing problems for others", Which would have no value correct.
So how do we find out who is right and who is wrong, Or is it just right when it suits you.
Ill tell you how a company decides whats right and wrong in this type of predicament. A vote......
And that is why ive been posting threads on all the websites i can find on the web to let peoples votes tell the story.
And to those of you that keep saying that the whole population doesnt vote, Well what happens if you dont vote for president? Then that means you cannot complain about him huh.
Like it or not everything in this game will never be perfect for everyone, I fight for the majority and so far the majority thats posting is against your views.
I side with the majority because i have seen games fall because of following a small majority in the game until collapse, And i dont want that happening here.
Has it ever occured to you why most dungeons are no longer portable including some that have been around for a while now? I know of 2 reasons right off the bat.
1. Power leveling and collecting drops that lower levels have not earned the right to.
2. Lower levels porting in on friends without asking.

This has caused problems for many of us now when we are asked for help. WE cannot port to them even though we are the APPROPRIATE LEVEL.

As I said before, TWEAKING the "Quest Progression" to prevent players from joining battles in an area they have not earned would solve the problem. I don't care if they want to look around. They can look and explore all they want but NOT join battles.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
Stating the current condition does not make a valid arguement. And this is true for any discussion.

Let me help gunslinger, I will show how to present a reasonable case for a belief. And since I now believe gunslinger is actually in favor of level restrictions (because your arguements are so bad) I'm going to switch sides.

Most of these ideas have already been presented, but mostly in a haphazard way. The approach is to list legitimate items for your cause. Making additional non-sensical arguements hurts any cause. Also feeble attempts at polls or generating statistics when you don't have access to reasonable data hurts the cause. Focus on logical arguments that can easily be backed with facts. And don't state the same arguement twice using different words.

Reasons for not imposing level locks or restrictions on Wizard101 worlds:

1) This is a family game.
As a family, a group should be able to engage in adventures together. Some family members may not have the time or skills to complete all quests in a level, while others can excel rapidly. But the ability to share in the game experience together is essential.

I remember back to the days of playing D&D board games with my friends. A group of us would sit around a table and spend hours together going through some dungeon. Of course my level 2 Elf would play beside Johnny's level 52 Wizard. This is fundamental to playing team based RPG games.

2) Ability to Quest With New Friends.
Frequently wizards meet new and exciting friends in the Wizard City Commons. A primary function of the common areas of each world is to meet new friends. In these areas adventure quests often begin. Wizards may not be all the same level, but each can offer their special talents within a team.

3) Each World is Independant
Negligble Story Carried Across Worlds. As independant adventures there is no specific need for a wizard to complete preseeding quests or worlds.

Each world has a unique theme and story. The story cross-over between worlds is minimal and certainly not critical for understanding a particular world's story. Each world can be treated as a 'stand-alone' adventure. Merle Ambrose in WC is the only significant character that ties the stories together, and that is really for the purpose of initiating a quest in a new world.

School quests are completely stand-alone, as are almost all the side quests. These represent individual unique adventures.

4) Tools Have Been Provided.
The following tools have been provided to ensure every player can have the best gaming experience possible:
- chat, allowing players to communicate and express thoughts, ideas, and strategies.
- enable/disable ports
- hidden to friends
- ignore, delete friends

5) This is a MMORPG
Other wizards playing the game may unexpectably enter your game play. This is part of the fun and challenge of Wizard101. Its also a great way to meet new friends.

I'm at maximum forum message length...
Rotten when will you realize im not arguing with you. Im explaining to you. So feel free act that you are in an argument if it makes you feel in anyway like you are getting somewhere.
Im explaining that a level lock will not happen in this game . Ever .

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Intrepidatius on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
I have stated several times that I don't know the percentages,while u have on several occasions suggested<falsely> that your opinion is the majority. One thing I do know is that this issue is so important,that other major games have addressed it. The majority in those games all wanted it addressed,so it is reasonable to assume that opinion prevails here. Also, your random sampling is in no way indicative of a true representation. One thing you cannot refute,though you have weakly tried, is that a preference does not trump a problem. You can use smoke and mirrors all you want, but to think of your wants over a problem,is laced both in selfishness and ignorance.If you would simply just state that "you prefer your pleasure in games,over others legitimate problems," then you would at least be more honest.and probably garner some respect. So far, your opinions have been completely dissected by several responses. You remain obstinate even though you have been presented with hard facts echoed by the games creators. Once again,you are entitled to your opinions,but so far they have been exceedingly weak in this area.
LOL. My friend you just cant seem to grasp the inevitable, The fact that there is no lock in this game and there wont be one either. The funny thing is you can all argue up and down the walls if you want but it still ends the same, No Lock.
See the whole point to my poll threads was just to prove what the majority wanted, I already knew the answer but wanted to show you all.
As ive told some in the past when they put a level/progression lock in this game i will gladly issue you an apology and say i was wrong but until then i will remain correct in saying the game doesnt need and will not have a level lock.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
Has it ever occured to you why most dungeons are no longer portable including some that have been around for a while now? I know of 2 reasons right off the bat.
1. Power leveling and collecting drops that lower levels have not earned the right to.
2. Lower levels porting in on friends without asking.

This has caused problems for many of us now when we are asked for help. WE cannot port to them even though we are the APPROPRIATE LEVEL.

As I said before, TWEAKING the "Quest Progression" to prevent players from joining battles in an area they have not earned would solve the problem. I don't care if they want to look around. They can look and explore all they want but NOT join battles.
The non port instances were not implemented they have always been that way.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Just let it go everyone. This is pointless. You all are being to stubborn to see each others points.
My theory is pretty easy to understand, Has KI adjusted anything? Stop holding your breath because you will suffocate.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
LOL. My friend you just cant seem to grasp the inevitable, The fact that there is no lock in this game and there wont be one either. The funny thing is you can all argue up and down the walls if you want but it still ends the same, No Lock.
See the whole point to my poll threads was just to prove what the majority wanted, I already knew the answer but wanted to show you all.
As ive told some in the past when they put a level/progression lock in this game i will gladly issue you an apology and say i was wrong but until then i will remain correct in saying the game doesnt need and will not have a level lock.
You don't listen, or perhaps understand. I have stated very clearly a level lock is not the best solution. I have tried to point out,along with others,that your position on this issue is naive at best. Your posts are also indicative of selfish motives,at the expense of others. I have also stated several times that I fully believe KI will do nothing on this issue based on their current track record. But just because they do nothing,is no reason to be lemmings and follow them blindly in whatever they do,or don't do. I pay to be a member,and I voice what is healthy for the game, even if they choose to ignore it. Though you you suggest you champion the game on this issue and others, you are wrong. I don't think I can explain this to you any better. I close in sincerely wishing you clarity of thought and purpose.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
Rotten when will you realize im not arguing with you. Im explaining to you. So feel free act that you are in an argument if it makes you feel in anyway like you are getting somewhere.
Im explaining that a level lock will not happen in this game . Ever .
Thats funny because earlier you wrote:

"If you actually want an argument i would say..."

Gunslinger you are presenting a case, which is an arguement. Perhaps you aren't familiar with presentation of ideas, but when you have a thought that you present, the supporting information is called 'arguements'. And this is what most people on this thread have been presenting. Some arguements are strong while others are week.

When I count the number of posts you have made on this forum alone, never mind other forms on this specific topic it is quite clear that you have a very strong belief [crusade?] that you are backing up with 'arguements'. Your posts on the topic far far exceed anybody else. Your 'arguments' are weak and easily dispatched by others. But other ideas I have seen from you lead me to believe you are a fairly smart person, leading me to believe you are playing a game on the forums. I believe you actually do want level restrictions and that is why you are stirring the pot so strongly.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Almost none of my posts on this topic have actively supported requirements for worlds (a few have). Almost all of my posts have in in reply to silly arguements.

There are valid gameplay reasons reasons for both sides of this discussion. I believe this game is designed for linear/progressive game play so there lies my preference for this game.

I strongly believe the actual reasons for not having level requirements for entering worlds (porting) in Wizard101 has nothing to do with gameplay.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
Almost none of my posts on this topic have actively supported requirements for worlds (a few have). Almost all of my posts have in in reply to silly arguements.

There are valid gameplay reasons reasons for both sides of this discussion. I believe this game is designed for linear/progressive game play so there lies my preference for this game.

I strongly believe the actual reasons for not having level requirements for entering worlds (porting) in Wizard101 has nothing to do with gameplay.
Thank you.
And its nice to see others who finally understand porting doesnt effect gameplay.
Thats really all i wanted to hear.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Intrepidatius on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
You don't listen, or perhaps understand. I have stated very clearly a level lock is not the best solution. I have tried to point out,along with others,that your position on this issue is naive at best. Your posts are also indicative of selfish motives,at the expense of others. I have also stated several times that I fully believe KI will do nothing on this issue based on their current track record. But just because they do nothing,is no reason to be lemmings and follow them blindly in whatever they do,or don't do. I pay to be a member,and I voice what is healthy for the game, even if they choose to ignore it. Though you you suggest you champion the game on this issue and others, you are wrong. I don't think I can explain this to you any better. I close in sincerely wishing you clarity of thought and purpose.
Pyrsik if your clear that you donot want a level lock or progression lock and you dont want to put a stop to low level porting, Then we agree .
Glad you see the light.

All i was ever trying to do is make sure that the smaller majority did not discourage the larger majority of the game because thats how a game begins the close of a game.
You all can say whatever you want about me but i will try to make sure this game keeps on chugging even if it does make a small amount of people angry.
Take a business class and you will see the different perspective.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
RottenHeart on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:

Almost but not all yet some but only a few at best still some though but not every one just a bit but not at an extent........
Now you all have resorted to contradicting yourselves over an over. How about we just stop posting and just play the game so everyone can have a good time.
Everyone on here including myself have their own opinion and that doesnt seem to be changing anytime soon so you all can keep going attempting at best to get the last word in but we all know that you retain your original opinion no matter what.

Rotten i dont think you understand these forums very well, We are not in law school here its wizard school so arguments are not needed its only opinions on here, If you wish to argue then go over to central and argue maybe someone there will have a rebuttle for you. As it seems you are much more interested in arguments than reaching for a compromise or even a correct end. You have not even attempted to help these posts you just argue.

Pyrsik you have an opinion that you feel is correct and you stick to it, I like that but through out this forum youve changed your stance on subjects several times which looks as you are a loss for words at times using the same exact line that a wrong doesnt make a right. The biggest problem with your theory is that you dont know how many people are playing and you dont know how many of them agree with you so you cannot say a wrong doesnt make a right because sometimes it does. If they do something thats wrong to me but is right for the game should they still do it? Becareful how you answer this question.

And the gunslinger i have read most of your posts in the forums and some are very interesting and seem to make sense but others you seem to need to accept you cannot change the way another person thinks no matter how many polls/votes/ whatever you have. So stop trying. It doesnt matter all its doing is fueling a fire and is pointless any longer. You need to accept the fact that even if your right your still wrong.

Sorry for targeting you 3 but you 3 have the most posts on here. We all cannot seem to agree so how about we stop trying. This game is to be played and to have fun, Lets try that.