Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Max gold problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
I'm going to start off by saying I don't understand the point of a gold cap except for the issue of programing. I know there has to be a specific number that the code can't go beyond. That's strictly a programing issue and normally based on a server memory issue.

But for a game mechanic, it makes no sense. Exactly how is it going to hurt the game for someone, regardless of level, to amass a ton of gold. Is a character that manages to store, let's say, 5 billion gold in his bank in the course of the game going to have any advantage over someone who doesn't manage to store that? no. And in a game where you can spend real world money (crowns) to buy gold, there's even less point to a level based cap.

But there is a cap and it results in a lot of problems. Items build up in backpacks, and feeding them to pets is tedious because you have to feed them one at a time. Same with destroying them. you have to click an item and click the trash can. After just a few items, your hand starts to hurt.

I'd like to request that KI consider adding a lot more items that can be bought for large amounts of gold to the crown shop.
And not just more furniture items. You can only buy so much furniture for your house(s) before you're just buying it to spend gold, then having to feed it to your pet. And you can only hatch so many times in order to spend gold, before you have a backpack full of babys you have no interest in training.

So we need things to spend gold on, and they need to be expensive. Maybe 100k or 200K gold to buy a one-shot duel. Or other things like that.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I'm not the first player to suggest earned gold goes into the player's shared bank; accessible by all their wizards. This would raise the gold cap to 2,700,000 gold pieces (6 wizards x 450,000 gold pieces). And while this won't eliminate all players from complaining about this higher cap; it shall take more than a day of game playing to earn all this gold.