Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback THURSDAY 3-24-16

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
It could be interesting to have and Astral spell that's casts on the opponent across from you. Something like -10% incoming/outgoing heal 4 rounds.

Or it can give u a boost and them a weakness, like +10% damage self 4 roinds, -10% damage person across from you 4 rounds.

Or (and this could be a nightmare or a blessing) but an Astral spell that stops self from getting negative wards or certain ones. Or doesn't let opponent shield.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I'd like to see:
A Sun school spell available after Extraordinary (+25% accuracy/+15% pierce) which would give zero accuracy bonus but would add a +30% - +50% Pierce to an attack spell.

A Moon school spell that would Polymorph Other ... morphs one enemy into a random, relatively harmless low-level creature for 2 rounds. It would retain it's current health but would only have access to a limited, appropriately leveled deck while morphed and in addition would generate no new pips while morphed.

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
Trimond297 on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
I do have something in mind about new Astral School spells, many are long overdue, other than having Bolstered Ward trainable in the Arcanum...

1: Enrage. 450 damage to 1 attack spell. Level 109.
2: Healing Bliss. 250 to 1 heal spell. Level 109.
3: Razor Blade. +20% to 1 positive blade spell. Level 109.
4: Mighty Absorb. 200 to 1 absorb spell. Level 109.
5: Dangerous Trap. +20% to negative trap spell. Level 109.
6: Sharp Eyes. +35% accuracy & +25% piercing to 1 attack spell. Level 109.
7: Wild Blaze. +50% incoming & +40% outgoing damage, 4 rounds. Level 109.
8: Eclipse. 1570 damage, -45% accuracy to all enemies. Level 109.
I was going to suggest a better sun spell to add health to a healing spell, but you beat me to it.

I would have to ask if you based wild blaze off of berserk because that spell gives more incoming damage than outgoing damage.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Totally New spells:

1) a sun spell that adds 150 to healing spells
2) a sun spell that adds 200 to healing spells
3) Sharpened blade for guiding light and brilliant light

Spells already in the game but not trainable yet

4) Moon trap
5) Moon Blade
6) Moon Shield
7) Solar Trap
8) Solar Shield
9) Solar Blade

In the same vein as the previous set

9) Moon Dispel
10) Solar Dispel

All blades should go to your primary school first (protecting them from things like leviathan), secondary school second (if you have a mastery amulet, this is considered the secondary school), then not used blade third. These would totally come in handy with all the new mastery amulets introduced since celestia, and these spells have been asked for, for a while now (the solar/moon blade/trap/shield)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
I'd love a spell that would allow me to transfer blades I can't use, onto wizards on my team that can.

I'd love to be able to swap positives items for negative items from whoever I fight (my minus to hit above my head, goes onto whoever I fight, while their blades are transferred to me; and traps on me go on whoever I fight, and their shields get moved on to me. And I'd love to have and use a boomerang spell so when I'm attacked, the damage is actually taken on whoever attempted to cast the spell, and then there's the reverse boomerang spell where whoever or whatever I'm fighting, when they cast a healing spell, they heal me or my teammates, instead of healing themselves or their teammates...

...sadly, none of these spells would fall under sun, star, or moon school.

Well for moon spells, I'd love to be able to transform into one of the professors, or whatever I'm fighting, so I'm able to throw all their spells back at them, or resist really well what they through at me.
Yes, totally agreed on Donate Blades. I suggested the same thing HERE. That would help out a lot!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
New moon school spells, because moon school is the only school that focuses solely on shifting one thing into another

1) Transform Blade - Let's say I was a fire wizard. Using the standard Elemental Blade as my example, it would take the 35% of the storm blade, the 35% of the ice blade, destroy them both, and create a 10% fire blade. For Sharpened Elemental Blade, it would take the 45% of the storm blade, the 45% of the ice blade, destroy them both, and create a 15% fire blade. The 10% and the 15% would stack on any other blades except themselves of course. We could also have versions for all of them on you, and then all of them on all allies

The above spells would only work for your PRIMARY school. So, if you were a fire wizard, with a storm mastery amulet, it would only convert the ice and storm to fire. It would NOT convert ice to storm or fire. It REQUIRES 2 different school blades to be sacrificed in order to work

2) Convert Shield to Trap - This does exactly what it sounds like. it would convert a shield on your enemy to a trap of the same school, with the same percentage. In the case of universal shielding, it would convert to a universal trap. This would effect a single target. We could also have spells that do all for you and then all for team

3) Convert Trap to Shield - Would take a trap on you and convert it to a shield with the same percentage of shielding as the trap was. In the case of universal traps, it would be a universal shield. Single target only. We could also have spells that do all for you and then all for team

These ideas would HAVE to come with a redesign of the blades/traps/shields so we could easily decipher what each blade was.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
Opinions may vary.
Mine is to not make any increase, change or additions to new spells until a new world that would warrant such would be created. Also I would advise that new spells may only work in the world as it was created for or in.
I have been watching wizards in Mirror Lake with hits of 50 to 60 thousand. I do understand that it is the wizards choice to choose each spell that is cast. However, I would say that until an area is created which would require massive hits we have ample spells available.
Again if a crazy world would be created such spells would be appreciated.
But at this time i thing KI has done a good job in providing us what we need to succeed.
I guess my thought of any additions or changes are from a timid or scared point of view. Once the Pandora's box is open to new spells the game will be submitted to changes that will once again change play. Such as previous stat changes. It is apparent that often those that are weaker will keep wanting game changes to be made for selfish reasons. But, I notice that as changes are made only a few that is knowledgeable of the games design and has experience, actually benefit from changes or improvements made.
Bye Peeps

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
hi, here are some ideas I already probably posted and still wish they'll be used one way or another sometime, eh, eh :

Sun school spells :
- Hardened Blade : enchants one Blade to prevent a removal (from Earthquake, Disarm, Enfeeble, etc)
- Reinforced Trap : enchants one Trap to prevent a removal (from, Earthquake, Cleanse Ward, etc)
- Armored Shield : enchants one Shield to prevent a removal (from Earthquake, Pierce, Shatter, etc)
(of course that means we can't use spells like Sharpened, Potent, etc, on the same card)

and for fun because the poor Myth school doesn't have any related healing spell yet, still a Sun school spell :
- Mutate Bats (another one besides those already ingame) : mutate Blood Bat into Lifebat

does this feedback means the new Astral school will open soon in Arcanum?
I can't wait!!!

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Moon School Spells:

Polymorph: Professor Cyrus Drake
Polymorph: Professor Moolinda Wu
Polymorph: Professor Dworgyn

Polymorph: Professor Dalia Falmea
Polymorph: Professor Halston Balestrom
Polymorph: Professor Lydia Greyrose

Polymorph: Professor Alhazred

Polymorph: Headmaster Merle Ambrose

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I'd like to see relevant Moon spells, but the only things I've ever seen in the game from Moon that would be relevant are the blade and shields spells the rhinos in Zamunda Outskirts cast. Maybe a Moon equivalent to Tower Shield, except it offers 90% resist?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Trimond297 on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
I do have something in mind about new Astral School spells, many are long overdue, other than having Bolstered Ward trainable in the Arcanum...

1: Enrage. 450 damage to 1 attack spell. Level 109.
2: Healing Bliss. 250 to 1 heal spell. Level 109.
3: Razor Blade. +20% to 1 positive blade spell. Level 109.
4: Mighty Absorb. 200 to 1 absorb spell. Level 109.
5: Dangerous Trap. +20% to negative trap spell. Level 109.
6: Sharp Eyes. +35% accuracy & +25% piercing to 1 attack spell. Level 109.
7: Wild Blaze. +50% incoming & +40% outgoing damage, 4 rounds. Level 109.
8: Eclipse. 1570 damage, -45% accuracy to all enemies. Level 109.
I like these, although I think Sharp Eyes is a little close in name to Keen Eyes, which is a weak accuracy boost

Sun spells are fun and versatile, but nobody ever pays much attention to the moon... except when free TP buyback rolls around and then it's a rush on badges.

A lot of problems with existing polymorphs:
  • lose all your gear-based stats, often leaving you with no block, no resist, no pierce, no accuracy, etc
  • Polymorphs don't adjust the health of the shifted form to track your wizard's level. A gobbler at level 60 will have 5k health, same as a gobbler at level 110. Guess what? At 110, that makes gobbler a real poor deal - only storm stands to gain health that way.
  • Spell variety is not the greatest. Colossus Crunch? They have fun names and animations though.
  • Spells can't be enchanted. They are weak compared to trained versions

here's what would motivate me to revisit the moon school:

• Polymorphs check your level and adjust base stats accordingly. For instance, a gobbler is supposed to be a "tank". At level 50+, gobbler has its current stats. At level 80, it has 6k health, 30% global resist, 30% global block, 95% ice accuracy, and 15% incoming/outgoing heal. At level 110, may have 8k health, 40% global resist, 40% block, 98% ice accuracy, and 20% in/out heal. A slow ramp or a slowly plateauing curve to show that as you level, stats increase in step with your level. So you never "outgrow" your most useful polymorphs!
  • The higher level polymorphs grant more turns, more spells, and more off-school spells. Poly fire elemental gives you smoke and fire bats; poly Gorge Digger might give you krampus, revenant, cleanse charm, element blade, and Shift Grendel. (Yes, you have moon mastery while polymorphed!)
  • A way to return to normal form that doesn't leave you vulnerable to disruption. Perhaps as the Moon spell wears off, it leaves a Star behind? (as it wears off it leaves a Fortify or Conviction, tower, etc)

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
I agree with those who say that the Moon spells need to be updated to be relevant later on in game.

As the level cap rises and new worlds and more powerful enemies are introduced, what once sufficed is not enough.

There's no sense transforming into something so much weaker than your default form is.

The polymorphs need to grow alongside your character.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
Hopefully Global Spells are in the same spirit of this Feedback Thursday.

40% pierce - I know that is high - but the foe gets it too.
On the topic of Global (ring) Spells:

That enhancement to the minions could be from a ring and cause a polymorph type experience for your all minions in the battle. SO - any friendly minion already cast would suddenly become same level as the lowest minion of the foe. AND their minions would turn into the lowest level on your team.

So if we are level 100 and helping a level 65 in Waterworks - our minions become the level of the lowest foe and their minions become level 65.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
grahambhg on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
I'd like to see "Strong" "Giant" "Monstrous" "Gargantuan" "Colossal" all to be percentage based instead of just adding flat values.
Yes! Please That would be a huge help (if the percentages were set up to increase based on player level) as the level cap moves up.

Hero
May 07, 2015
1: sun heart 1000 damage

2: moon shrike 1200 damage

3: star fire 1400 damage

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
The first thing that comes to mind is the moon school triblades and sheilds some enemies use

For sun school a trainable bolstered ward would be nice and maybe some new mutate/strength cards (sun school has kind of painted itself into a corner at this point)

Star school maybe a all outgoing damage becomes off school for X number of rounds (It should probably costs 3 or three pips since its a more powerful version of prisms)

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Corwin F on Mar 26, 2016 wrote:
hi, here are some ideas I already probably posted and still wish they'll be used one way or another sometime, eh, eh :

Sun school spells :
- Hardened Blade : enchants one Blade to prevent a removal (from Earthquake, Disarm, Enfeeble, etc)
- Reinforced Trap : enchants one Trap to prevent a removal (from, Earthquake, Cleanse Ward, etc)
- Armored Shield : enchants one Shield to prevent a removal (from Earthquake, Pierce, Shatter, etc)
(of course that means we can't use spells like Sharpened, Potent, etc, on the same card)

and for fun because the poor Myth school doesn't have any related healing spell yet, still a Sun school spell :
- Mutate Bats (another one besides those already ingame) : mutate Blood Bat into Lifebat

does this feedback means the new Astral school will open soon in Arcanum?
I can't wait!!!

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}
Mutate blood bat to lifebat or deathbat would make my day lol. Great idea Corwin

A star spell idea I haven't seen mentioned but is way overdue, is beguile resist.

Skepticism

+ 90% resistance to being Beguiled x 4 turns (+95% in tc form)

Pet may-cast Skepticism: Reasonable Doubter (may cast Skepticism, a 90% beguile resist aura that lasts 5 rounds)

Other names could be Not So Fast, Doubting Thomas, Horse Sense, Grain of Salt, etc.

Icon on the card could be a blue question mark, or the state of Missouri, or any other universal symbol for Not Convinced.

Administrator
Wow, Wizards, these are truly some fantastic ideas. At least one of them, we're already looking into for a future update. We'll definitely examine the rest! New topic coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
May 10, 2010
I hope I'm not too late on this; but how about a Sun spell that Amplifies Auras? I have a bit of an idea:

Scope: Increases Auras by 5-10%, and each tier would add 5%.

Scope: Increases Auras by 5-10% -Level 110+
Telescope: Increases Auras by 10-15% -Level 120+
Megascope: Increases Auras by 15-20% -Level 125+
Stellarscope: Increases Auras by 20-25% -Level 135+